The close

Manny has put together a quality class so far. TROB and DVD are possibly bringing in the our best db class ever. Can Manny close? We have an opportunity to get a great class considering the limited numbers.

“With key targets like five-star DE Shemar Stewart, five-star CB Jaheim Singletary, four-star DE Nyjalik Kelly, four-star TE Jaleel Skinner, four-star DL Anthony Lucas, four-star LB Wesley Bissainthe, and four-star WR Jayden Gibson still taking their time with making a decision, the Hurricanes are set up for a big finish for the 2022 cycle if they have a strong showing on the field.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
I mean he closed on all those top CB's. I know everyone will give all the credit to T-Rob and DVD and rightfully so but Manny should still get a small piece of that success. I think we will close well if we win 9+ games and don't embarrass ourselves in front of the big boys.

Advertisement
It’s all about the Ws. WB stated himself that he wants to see us win and he will commit. I can’t imagine that we don’t close on a solid haul if we win and continue to improve. What kid would want to come here when Manny and position coaches are dead men walking lame ducks. If he doesn’t continue to make progress towards the playoffs, doesn’t matter how much the kids like the program, there will be someone else running it and a different experience than expected on signing day. Winning eliminates such a possibility and provides for a future with hope for a Natty. Win or bust!

Manny has put together a quality class so far. TROB and DVD are possibly bringing in the our best db class ever. Can Manny close? We have an opportunity to get a great class considering the limited numbers.

“With key targets like five-star DE Shemar Stewart, five-star CB Jaheim Singletary, four-star DE Nyjalik Kelly, four-star TE Jaleel Skinner, four-star DL Anthony Lucas, four-star LB Wesley Bissainthe, and four-star WR Jayden Gibson still taking their time with making a decision, the Hurricanes are set up for a big finish for the 2022 cycle if they have a strong showing on the field.”

Should we be watching it? The close, that is?

The most important and under appreciated thing Manny has done is finally bring prestige back to a university of Miami football scholarship offer.

No more steppingstone, no more bigger better dealing, no more commit roulette.

We probably have less than 10 spots left. I don’t care if they’re a four-star, five star or project, whoever is thinking about playing here knows they can’t play games.

We’ll finish strong imo.

Advertisement
Where is the quote from? I dont consider Gibson or Bissainthe must haves at all. We are loaded at WR and LB. Even Skinner isnt a must have, we are returning 4 TEs and we can always get one from the portal.

I'm all about roster balance. This is what we truly need to close on:

QB - done
RB - done (we might need a rotational backup guy so if a high floor guys pops up late in the cycle i would be ok, or we could just get one from the portal)
WR - done
TE - done (see above)
OT - Agbo
OG - Snoop

DT - Lucas, Hastings
DE - Kelly, Stewart
LB - done
CB - Singletary, Henderson
Safety/Striker - Henderson, Cull

And a punter of course.

Where is the quote from? I dont consider Gibson or Bissainthe must haves at all. We are loaded at WR and LB. Even Skinner isnt a must have, we are returning 4 TEs and we can always get one from the portal.

QB - done
RB - done (we might need a rotational backup guy so if a high floor guys pops up late in the cycle i would be ok, or we could just get one from the portal)
WR - done
TE - done (see above)
OT - Agbo
OG - Snoop

DT - Lucas, Hastings
DE - Kelly, Stewart
LB - done

And a punter of course.

Dude we aren’t loaded at LB.

QB - done
WR - done
TE - done (see above)
OT - Agbo
OG - Snoop

DT - Lucas, Hastings
DE - Kelly, Stewart
LB - done

And a punter of course.
Done at LB with only Medlock ion board ?

QB - done
WR - done
TE - done (see above)
OT - Agbo
OG - Snoop

DT - Lucas, Hastings
DE - Kelly, Stewart
LB - done

And a punter of course.
How can you possibly say Wesley isn't a "must have"? Clearly the weakest position on the team, and he's the best LB on our board, AND IN OUR BACKYARD!

giphy.gif

Advertisement

QB - done
WR - done
TE - done (see above)
OT - Agbo
OG - Snoop

DT - Lucas, Hastings
DE - Kelly, Stewart
LB - done

And a punter of course.
And Wesley over either of the Hendersons, especially after yesterdays commit.

QB - done
WR - done
TE - done (see above)
OT - Agbo
OG - Snoop

DT - Lucas, Hastings
DE - Kelly, Stewart
LB - done

And a punter of course.

crazy the simpsons GIF

@RJ Lee , you post a thread that has 80% good info then say something like done at LB that blows the whole thread up. Why do you do that, lol?

Was hoping @bradtejeda would weigh in on the board. But since he's gone AWOL, here's how I'd rank the most important recruits publicly still on the being pursued:

Lucas
Kelly
Stewart
Bissainthe or equivalent at LB
Agbo or equivalent at OL
Singletary
Skinner at TE
Wilson
Tarber (yeah, I know coaches have Hastings over Tarber, but I think that's a mistake, would take Hastings only if we strike out on Lucas)
1 more quality OL (TBD)

That's 10, and the way NY and Cribby are talking, that's probably more than we're taking. So if we get the above, I don't see a spot for the Hendersons, Cull, Allen, Jackson or other DTs. I definitely don't see a spot for an HBack or RB, or a HS punter.

Advertisement
@RJ Lee , you post a thread that has 80% good info then say something like done at LB that blows the whole thread up. Why do you do that, lol?

Was hoping @bradtejeda would weigh in on the board. But since he's gone AWOL, here's how I'd rank the most important recruits publicly still on the being pursued:

Lucas
Kelly
Stewart
Bissainthe or equivalent at LB
Agbo or equivalent at OL
Singletary
Skinner at TE
Wilson
Tarber (yeah, I know coaches have Hastings over Tarber, but I think that's a mistake, would take Hastings only if we strike out on Lucas)
1 more quality OL (TBD)

That's 10, and the way NY and Cribby are talking, that's probably more than we're taking. So if we get the above, I don't see a spot for the Hendersons, Cull, Allen, Jackson or other DTs. I definitely don't see a spot for an HBack or RB, or a HS punter.
I’d throw Zane Durant in there as well. Same with Alfonso Allen. But agree on all other names

This is it for me, I think 1-2 OL are interchangeable for one for 1-2 DL depending on how it all shakes out.

QB (1):
  • Jacurri Brown 4* ✅
RB (0)

WR (2-3):
  • Isaiah Horton 4* ✅
  • Landon Ibieta 3* ✅
TE: (1):
  • Jaleel Skinner 4*
OL (3-4):
  • Malik Agbo 4*
  • Jacob Hood 3*
  • Falentha Carswell 3* ✅
  • Bradley Mann 3*
DE (2-3):
  • Shemar Stewart 5*
  • Nyjalik Kelly 4*
DT (1-2):
  • Anthony Lucas 4*
LB (2):
  • Wesley Bissianthe 4*
  • Justin Medlock 3* ✅
Striker
  • ??
CB (3-4):
  • Jaheim Singletary 5*
  • Khamauri Rogers 4* ✅
  • Trequan Fegans 4* ✅
  • Chris Graves 4* ✅
S (2):
  • Kamari Wilson 5*
  • Markeith Williams 4* ✅

Last edited:
Dude we aren’t loaded at LB.
Done at LB with only Medlock ion board ?
How can you possibly say Wesley isn't a "must have"? Clearly the weakest position on the team, and he's the best LB on our board, AND IN OUR BACKYARD!

giphy.gif

Here is who we have for 2022:

Brooks
Flagg
Tyler Johnson
Huff
Cave
Keontra Smith
Troutman
Medlock

Plus Steed and Jennings still have eligibility to return. That's already 8-10 kids for 2 spots. We dont technically need any more.

But look at the potentially dangerous situations at DT and DE and DB.

We could realistically return only 5 DTs for 2 starting spots (Ford is a senior and Nesta will have graduated).
We could realistically return only 5 DEs for 2 starting spots (McCloud and Johnson are seniors).
We could realistically return only 4 safeties for 2 starting spots (Hall and Bolden will have graduated).
We could realistically return only 2 strikers for 1 starting spot (Carter is a senior and Frierson will have graduated)
We could realistically return only 3 CBs for 2 starting spots (Ivey and Blades will have graduated, Stevenson is likely going pro with a good season and Curtis is a WR candidate).

LB isnt a need, this forum is obsessed with this position for some reason. We have far bigger needs at much more important positions in our defense than LB, it's the most loaded unit on the team.

This is it for me, I think 1-2 OL is interchangeable for one for 1-2 DL depending on how it all shakes out.

QB (1):
  • Jacurri Brown 4* ✅
RB (0)

WR (2-3):
  • Isaiah Horton 4* ✅
  • Landon Ibieta 3* ✅
TE: (1):
  • Jaleel Skinner 4*
OL (3-4):
  • Malik Agbo 4*
  • Jacob Hood 3*
  • Falentha Carswell 3* ✅
  • Bradley Mann 3*
DE (2-3):
  • Shemar Stewart 5*
  • Nyjalik Kelly 4*
DT (1-2):
  • Anthony Lucas 4*
LB (2):
  • Wesley Bissianthe 4*
  • Justin Medlock 3* ✅
Striker
  • ??
CB (3-4):
  • Jaheim Singletary 5*
  • Khamauri Rogers 4* ✅
  • Trequan Fegans 4* ✅
  • Chris Graves 4* ✅
S (2):
  • Kamari Wilson 5*
  • Markeith Williams 4* ✅

Nice list. I'm not a huge Hood fan yet, need to see it on the field like I need to see Jackson's tape. But I see you put a 4th OL over a 2nd DT. That's the one area of disagreement I have. Would still be an A+ class, and really compliment our outstanding 2021 class.

Advertisement
Back