Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

Occasionally at my gym, you’ll see people hitting the bag who have no idea what they’re doing…..bad form, terrible footwork. I legit saw a guy lose to the water bag one day. It was amazing actually….like he kept falling head first into the bag. Incredible stuff,

I see it myself. To each their own. I just say to myself, "it's dope that that person is n the gym."

But yeah, balance is key... The first thing you learn is a proper stance. Literally the first thing you learn.

There is a saying that boxers are built from the floor up. It's absolutely true.

Advertisement
my latest column on Inoue and Crawford, who have separated themselves from the pack in boxing..

Larry Merchant answers some questions from Twitter, my latest..

Fired Up Sport GIF by UFC

Advertisement
my first column of 2024, a look back at the activity level of the elite boxers in 2023...

the return of Vergil Ortiz....

my first column of 2024, a look back at the activity level of the elite boxers in 2023...

For 2024, I’d love to see Shakur vs Tank, Canelo vs DB at 168. Whats your early forecast on these fights happening? Give me a percentage.

Crawford vs Tszyu at 154 is another one. We already have two super fights lined up for 2024. Saudi Arabia is getting down and dirty.

Advertisement
Some thoughts on Vergil Ortiz's return which was marred by referee, Tony Weeks..

Advertisement
Wasted absolutely ZERO time to go face another top guy in the division after just getting achieving undisputed at new weight class in only two fights

Guy is an absolute legend
Inoue doesn't duck smoke from anybody.

He's the most technically savvy fighter in all of boxing. I don't think I've seen a more adept counterpuncher in any weight class over the last few decades.

The problem he's going to run into is just the simple fact that there just isn't a lot of great comp at Super Bantam. Other than a rematch for Stephen Fulton, there's not really any major fights for him after Nery. And there's no reason to give Fulton a rematch because he completely outclassed him.

He's gonna have to move up to Feather & Super Feather if he wants more big money fights. I think ultimately his destiny is at Lightweight.

Advertisement
Inoue doesn't duck smoke from anybody.

He's the most technically savvy fighter in all of boxing. I don't think I've seen a more adept counterpuncher in any weight class over the last few decades.

The problem he's going to run into is just the simple fact that there just isn't a lot of great comp at Super Bantam. Other than a rematch for Stephen Fulton, there's not really any major fights for him after Nery. And there's no reason to give Fulton a rematch because he completely outclassed him.

He's gonna have to move up to Feather & Super Feather if he wants more big money fights. I think ultimately his destiny is at Lightweight.
It’s him and bud this era to me

Idk how far he should go up but i did see him say they might fight a couple more at this weight

Probably doesn’t want to just jump up so fast but once he does id like to see him vs figueroa

Honestly don’t know if he can get to lightweight but i think by that time it should be catch weights for big fights if he doesn’t just retire

Advertisement
Back