Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

my thoughts on Fury-Ngannou..

I'm now expecting a surgical performance from Usyk when these two meet. (If Fury does just retire which he might do now)

Advertisement
my latest column on a lightweight on the rise...

this weeks '3 Knockdown Rule', Frank Stallone in-studio, as he discussed 'SLY' on Netflix, the Rocky Franchise, his own musical career, boxing Geraldo Rivera and a lot of boxing...

Advertisement
my latest column...

my latest column...

2 title fights tonight! Emanuel Navarette defends his title vs Robson Conceicao, and fighting for a vacant title we got Shakur Stevenson vs Edwin De Los Santos in the main event.

Advertisement
Navarrete vs Conceicao ended in a majority draw. I had Navarrete by 1 round but I’m ok with the draw. Great fight

Shakur being so hesitant to engage with someone who has power and speed is a huge red flag to me, this isn’t the first time he has done it

It makes me question if he will fully go all in in a big intense fight, i understand not wanting to get hit but this is just unacceptable.

If you’re in a dawg fight and need to drop yo nuts to win a round, how far are u willing to go? He has all the skills in the world but that margin will close once u keep fighting better competition

Advertisement
Shakur being so hesitant to engage with someone who has power and speed is a huge red flag to me, this isn’t the first time he has done it

It makes me question if he will fully go all in in a big intense fight, i understand not wanting to get hit but this is just unacceptable.

If you’re in a dawg fight and need to drop yo nuts to win a round, how far are u willing to go? He has all the skills in the world but that margin will close once u keep fighting better competition
I forgot the fights were last night. ****! I’m not all that sold on Shakur. Personally, I haven’t seen him do anything yet that justifies the hype.

Interesting that my bar room brawler, The Cowboy, ended with a draw. What happened there?

I forgot the fights were last night. ****! I’m not all that sold on Shakur. Personally, I haven’t seen him do anything yet that justifies the hype.

Interesting that my bar room brawler, The Cowboy, ended with a draw. What happened there?
That was a war, nav was getting hit alot but his power kept him in it. He hurt conceiao a few times and dropped him but overall I think conceiao outboxed him, he had nav unorthodox timing down very early. Nav closed alot better and I wouldn’t have been mad if they edged it to him but majority draw is more than fair, without the knockdowns he probably loses

And im high on shakur skillset but u are right, he hasn’t really faced someone as athletic as him with respectable power. Edwin looked way more twitchy than i thought so that plus his power surprised shakur imo and he looked very very hesitant on doing anything, like usually he counters but he didn’t..Even when edwin got undisciplined and lunged in Shakur just got out of the way or clinched. His jab won him the fight but man it was brutal watch especially with it being on a Thursday lol **** really tested my love for the sport lol. I think thru 6 rounds the total punches landed was 31-19 lmao bruh literally might be the most boring fight ever

Advertisement

Some boxing analysts say it was a bad style clash and I think I agree, I think whenever Shakur fights next time he will perform better.

my thoughts on Shakur Stevenson's latest fight..

Advertisement
Back