Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

**** yeah fam. He was sitting down on those jabs. Ate 'em alive(pause) with that and the hook on the counter. I'm most surprised by how slow he made Spence look. Got a beat on him in the 2nd and put the beats on him 'til Harvey Dock saw enough...

Absolute clinic and a joy to watch.

Just a work of art by Bud against an elite opponent.

Can't overstate how dominant he was

Advertisement
Lol True. Everyone knew Floyd was going to win. It was just one of my favorite performances from Floyd because the media did their best to hype up Gatti. It was that whole Lighting vs Thunder crap lol **** got on my nerves. But yeah just the performance by Crawford gave me that same feeling I had when Floyd str8 demolished Gatti like he was just proving a point the whole fight

But yeah man. This might be worse because like you said, Spence was supposed to be on the same level as Crawford and.....Jesus, Crawford was on another planet tonight.

OK, here's a hypothetical:

Bud Crawford vs. Money Mayweather in their primes.

Who ya got and why?

Lol True. Everyone knew Floyd was going to win. It was just one of my favorite performances from Floyd because the media did their best to hype up Gatti. It was that whole Lighting vs Thunder crap lol **** got on my nerves. But yeah just the performance by Crawford gave me that same feeling I had when Floyd str8 demolished Gatti like he was just proving a point the whole fight

But yeah man. This might be worse because like you said, Spence was supposed to be on the same level as Crawford and.....Jesus, Crawford was on another planet tonight.

Brother, Spence can in the ring w/ a 1980’s Curl & left w/ a 1970’s fried perm, & the hairstylist was Mr Crawford. Crawford was giving him that Oooooo Yeah, Jodeci bro; I’m talking straight “How Do You Want It? How Do You Feel?”

I can’t recall me seeing a boxer connect on 60% power punches & 50% overall in this magnitude of a fight! Bro, that’s literally for even punch I miss, u catch this fist!

Advertisement
**** yeah fam. He was sitting down on those jabs. Ate 'em alive(pause) with that and the hook on the counter. I'm most surprised by how slow he made Spence look. Got a beat on him in the 2nd and put the beats on him 'til Harvey Dock saw enough...

Once Spence got knocked down, I looked over to my boys & said it’s a wrap. He was smiling & he got up quick, but he ain’t never been put to the mat before. Those legs were weak & shook af. There was zero power behind his shots, & then he was looking for that Hail Mary shot, which played PERFECTLY into Crawford’s game plan. Those wild shots were primed to be picked off, & countered.

Last edited:
Brother, Spence can in the ring w/ a 1980’s Curl & left w/ a 1970’s fried perm, & the hairstylist was Mr Crawford. Crawford was giving him that Oooooo Yeah, Jodeci bro; I’m talking straight “How Do You Want It? How Do You Feel?”

I can’t recall me seeing a boxer connect on 60% power punches & 50% overall in this magnitude of a fight! Bro, that’s literally for even punch I miss, u catch this fist!
Lmaaaooo. Man I was hurt for how Spence was looking in the post fight interview. Dude couldn't even open his eyes talking about "**** yeah, I want that rematch" lol.

Advertisement
Lmaaaooo. Man I was hurt for how Spence was looking in the post fight interview. Dude couldn't even open his eyes talking about "**** yeah, I want that rematch" lol.

Bro Spence was sounding like he went from 33 yrs old to a drunk 63 yr old. I ain’t never seen that man look so defeated ever, even in his amateur days. Crawford gave him that reverse Benjamin Button. Lawd.

I knew Crawford was the better boxer, but **** 🤦🏿‍♂️

This.

I thought Spence's size (he usually HUGE at the fight) and strength would be an issue for bud. But, Crawford owned that fight from the jump.

Spence is taking the rematch for the bag. Crawford dominated him and didn't even switch once in that fight. He stayed southpaw and beat Spence up bad

Advertisement
This was one of the greatest performances ever in a big fight. I said it would take a beatdown for someone to top inoue for #1 and bud did exactly that. Very special performance.

Bud had spence figured out from the beginning, he took the jab away in round 2 and that was it. Everything spence does comes from the jab, he started countering and stepping to his left and spence looked done mentally imo. The athleticism gap, the hand AND foot speed gap was the difference to me. Spence looked very flat and basic to me, he hit bud with some very clean body shots and his left hook landed clean like 3 times and bud did not budge and I knew it was over.

The trap he set in the 7th on one of the knockdowns where he backs himself into the ropes knowing spence will lunge and reach in like he always does and then boom counter uppercut right on target. Complete masterclass

He sent a contract and shakur turned it down lol how is that ducking. And he is going up to fight a top guy in that division in his first fight there. Shakur is a great talent but talks and moves like he’s accomplished more than he really has
Sending a contract doesn't mean anything in boxing. Fighters always play the perception game in boxing by having their team Send over a bogus contract. Haney just had close call with Lomenchanko, he isn't risking it again with Shakur. Hence, the move up in weight to fight Prograis.

Case and point. He offered Shakur 25%. That's disrespectful. A true offer would be 60% to the champ and 40% to the challenger or 55% - 45%. Sending a contract in boxing doesn't mean anything; especially when you know the opposition isn't going to take it.

Advertisement

Case and point. He offered Shakur 25%. That's disrespectful. A true offer would be 60% to the champ and 40% to the challenger or 55% - 45%. Sending a contract in boxing doesn't mean anything; especially when you know the opposition isn't going to take it.

Shakur literally says he would take it if haney bet his purse, which is always just bull**** talking.

How can u say if u believe in yourself bet your fight purse but u dont even believe in yourselves to accept the offer to be undisputed??? What typa logic is that, contradicting himself.

25% would have been shakur biggest pay day, and a chance to be undisputed in his 2nd fight at undisputed where he only beat a bum. Not taking that opportunity is insane to me.

Shakur has done nothing at 135 to deserve a 60-40 or 55-45 split, haney worked and sacrificed to get the belts. Take the 25% on a fighter who is clearly drained at 135 (admitted by shakur) and beat him easy like u say and then u are the king of the division and call all the shots

I picked Spence I did not think Bud had the ability to hurt ES. I told people before the fight if he can hurt him that changes everything and Bud will win cause he's the better boxer. I knew his best chance was to counter and he got it done. Do not need a rematch let's get boots in there with him now.

Haney don't want to fight anyone he wants to stay unbeaten. He fighting low risk fighters to build up for one of those big fights. They take the risk late asf

Haney don't want to fight anyone he wants to stay unbeaten. He fighting low risk fighters to build up for one of those big fights. They take the risk late asf
How is going up and fighting a top fighter in a new division a low risk lol and haney resume is better than shakur’s

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back