Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

Advertisement
Fight was way too close for anyone to say robbery either way. I had it a draw, loma was up 6-5 on my card entering the 12th and thought haney was kinda hurt after the 11th and loma could’ve stepped on haney but he came out slow similar to the teo fight where he turns it up in the 10th and 11th and then just stops in the 12th. I don’t understand it at all from him its like a lack of killer instinct.

But either way that was some HIGH level boxing, one of my favorite fights in a while. Both guys are super high iq, i think haney controlled it early and could’ve really seized control in the 6-9 rounds, loma was worn down and look obviously tired in his corner from great body work by haney but haney let him rest for only god knows why(Also his corner was terrible) and loma is a ***** vet so he did enough with those little pop shots and flurries to make those rounds close enough to be swing rounds and then turned it up In the 10 and 11.

However u have rounds 6-9 is the winner imo. I had it a draw, not mad at 7-5 either way cause of swing rounds and i thought if u picked a winner it should’ve been at least a split decision one way or the other, 8-4 doesn’t do this fight justice. Great event overall, felt like I got my moneys worth
Here is what ESPN had to say this morning: https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_...es-vasiliy-lomachenko-retain-undisputed-title

I cannot see how anyone would score the 10th for Haney. Just can't even imagine it.

Interesting that all had Loma winning the 12th. I didn't. But, looking back on it, I expected Loma to do so after clearly winning 10 and 11 so, when he didn't dominate the 12th as I anticipated, I may have scored him based on expectation and not actual performance.

Here is what ESPN had to say this morning: https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_...es-vasiliy-lomachenko-retain-undisputed-title

I cannot see how anyone would score the 10th for Haney. Just can't even imagine it.

Interesting that all had Loma winning the 12th. I didn't. But, looking back on it, I expected Loma to do so after clearly winning 10 and 11 so, when he didn't dominate the 12th as I anticipated, I may have scored him based on expectation and not actual performance.
No Haney clearly won the 12th round. Loma clearly won 11th round. 10th imo Lima won, but not all that decisively.

What happens next? Haney to 140 and all the belts open up in 135? That will be interesting.
Three part response:

1. Usually, a guy in Haney's position takes a victory lap fight while he still has all the belts. It's just too difficult to be undisputed and hold on to them for long. But he doesn't seem like that kind of guy.

2. Haney stays at 135 for one more fight and that is Davis. While I think Shakur is the better talent, and the more interesting fight, Tank brings more money. Take the fight, take the paycheck, and go to 140. But this assumes Tank can make 135. They could do it at some catch weight, but why? That wouldn't be for the titles and they could just go to 140.

3. If he doesn't get Tank, is it Shakur at 135? All the fight purists love him, but he isn't a huge PPV draw and neither is Haney. Is it better for Haney to take the victory lap and go to 140, where he'll likely meet Shakur, anyway?

On the Tank note, what is his weight? Seems he can't make 135 and might not be as strong at 140.

Last edited:
Advertisement

In the press conference loma said he basically took the round off, idk if that’s just him because he bas done this 2 other fights now or is it his corner that’s making him too comfortable. He was dominant in the 10th and 11th, I thought he could’ve got a stoppage if he kept pressing. Devin was searching for answers, his dad literally had nothing for him in the corner lol salute to him for digging deep but loma has to tighten that up.

Also i disagree with all the robbery talk imo, too many swing rounds for it to be that but moretti should not be a judge after giving devin that 10th and why tf is he a judge after scoring that tank ryan round a 10-10?? The boxing commission just spits in their fans faces

No Haney clearly won the 12th round. Loma clearly won 11th round. 10th imo Lima won, but not all that decisively.
As I said, I had Haney winning the 12th, but it wasn't clear domination. Anyway it doesn't matter as I gave him round 12 for scoring purposes. However Loma won 10 and 11 and I don't see how any judge, from any angle, could score those otherwise. Those rounds were just that lopsided.

some thoughts on the Haney-Loma fight, and the rest of that undercard...

Advertisement
Three part response:

1. Usually, a guy in Haney's position takes a victory lap fight while he still has all the belts. It's just too difficult to be undisputed and hold on to them for long. But he doesn't seem like that kind of guy.

2. Haney stays at 135 for one more fight and that is Davis. While I think Shakur is the better talent, and the more interesting fight, Tank brings more money. Take the fight, take the paycheck, and go to 140. But this assumes Tank can make 135. They could do it at some catch weight, but why? That wouldn't be for the titles and they could just go to 140.

3. If he doesn't get Tank, is it Shakur at 135? All the fight purists love him, but he isn't a huge PPV draw and neither is Haney. Is it better for Haney to take the victory lap and go to 140, where he'll likely meet Shakur, anyway?

On the Tank note, what is his weight? Seems he can't make 135 and might not be as strong at 140.
Haney should fight Tank. If he wants a massive payday in 2023, do it. Haney Tank dwarfs Ryan Tank. It would sell a ton of PPV. Like you say, Tank is a big draw. Make it happen boys...... Haney vs Tank in 2023, that would be sick. Everyone wins with that match up especially the media and casuals.

Haney should fight Tank. If he wants a massive payday in 2023, do it. Haney Tank dwarfs Ryan Tank. It would sell a ton of PPV. Like you say, Tank is a big draw. Make it happen boys...... Haney vs Tank in 2023, that would be sick. Everyone wins with that match up especially the media and casuals.
I never saw the live or PPV numbers for Garcia/Tank, and I didn't see any breakdown of the "crossover" audience Garcia was supposed to bring, so I don't have any empirical basis.

If I have to guess, Haney/Tank does less than Garcia/Tank. I think the Garcia fight got Tank even more interest, but probably not a ton, and you don't get the Garcia people paying for Haney/Tank. so I think that is a net loss. Haney gets more interest than he had before, for beating Loma, but that is just with the boxing purists. End result? For PPV negotiations and purposes? Haney/Tank isn't as big as Garcia/Tank.

The biggest promo you can do in the short term? Match Haney and Shakur for all the belts, hope Shakur wins, and then match Shakur and Tank for undisputed. But there is no realistic way that happens because of the basically impossible timeframe, the problem of all of the mandatories, and Haney isn't dumb. If he stays at 135, for any fight, he only does so with a rematch clause. If he loses, and exercises that, the timeframe makes everything above pretty much unworkable.

But this is boxing.....

Honestly might be as big if not bigger than bud and spence now, especially since those two have had us waiting for ***** ever lol. Let the young guys take this **** over, they all aren’t proven but at least they want this ****

Honestly all my interest right now is on inoue/fulton lmao, im watching everything but nothing has my full attention like that fight. I’ve switched who i think will win like 3-4 times already. First i said fulton then inoue then fulton now im back to inoue after i keep watching lol love fulton but inoue is a ***** monster man like a small rjj lmao he is that special to me

Advertisement
Honestly all my interest right now is on inoue/fulton lmao, im watching everything but nothing has my full attention like that fight. I’ve switched who i think will win like 3-4 times already. First i said fulton then inoue then fulton now im back to inoue after i keep watching lol love fulton but inoue is a ***** monster man like a small rjj lmao he is that special to me
May have to throw a Tuesday morning party for that one. It’s on a weekday right? All his fights in Japan are on a weekday.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back