Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

Some thoughts on Haney-Lomachenko, my latest...

Advertisement
Loma vs Haney, who ya got? I personally like Loma despite the size difference.
Haney is gonna have to dig deeper vs loma, cant just be a basic display. I still pick haney tho i think his youth, athleticism will prevail

The build up has been interesting. Haney is really confident, but I'm not buying all of that is real. He's trying too hard to be hard.

Loma is just different than we've seen before. And I have no idea what that means. But I loved when he finally cracked and did the head-shake followed by "Haney says, Haney says, Haney says" (meaning that kid talks too much) response. At that point I set aside my previous (logical?) thoughts, and went with Loma.

Pretty clear to me this is either Loma's last stand or, if he wins, his second to last. And he knows that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
That was one of the best high profile fights I've ever seen, particularly through about nine rounds. It was skill v. skill at the highest level and you could score multiple rounds either way. I wanted Loma to win most of those early-middle rounds, but I actually scored most for Haney.

Loma then owned 10 and 11 and I thought he was on his way to closing this out. But he needed a clear 12 and he didn't get that. I scored that round for Haney.

I don't like it, but I had Haney 115-113.

Last edited:
Fight was way too close for anyone to say robbery either way. I had it a draw, loma was up 6-5 on my card entering the 12th and thought haney was kinda hurt after the 11th and loma could’ve stepped on haney but he came out slow similar to the teo fight where he turns it up in the 10th and 11th and then just stops in the 12th. I don’t understand it at all from him its like a lack of killer instinct.

But either way that was some HIGH level boxing, one of my favorite fights in a while. Both guys are super high iq, i think haney controlled it early and could’ve really seized control in the 6-9 rounds, loma was worn down and look obviously tired in his corner from great body work by haney but haney let him rest for only god knows why(Also his corner was terrible) and loma is a ***** vet so he did enough with those little pop shots and flurries to make those rounds close enough to be swing rounds and then turned it up In the 10 and 11.

However u have rounds 6-9 is the winner imo. I had it a draw, not mad at 7-5 either way cause of swing rounds and i thought if u picked a winner it should’ve been at least a split decision one way or the other, 8-4 doesn’t do this fight justice. Great event overall, felt like I got my moneys worth

That was one of the best high profile fights I've ever seen, particularly through about nine rounds. It was skill v. skill at the highest level and you could score multiple rounds either way. I wanted Loma to win most of those early-middle rounds, but I actually scored most for Haney.

Loma then owned 10 and 11 and I thought he was on his way to closing this out. But he needed a clear 12 and he didn't get that. I scored that round for Haney.

I don't like it, but I had Haney 115-113.
Man I haven’t enjoyed a fight like this in a while, it was a boxing purist fight

Advertisement
Back