Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

Let’s hope it’s Tank vs the winner of Loma Haney. What a fight that would be. Like you say, everyone will end up at 140. Should be a lot of fun to watch
Yeah, and that 140 group may just be a precursor. I have no idea how careers will play out, but guys like Taylor, Lopez, Shakur, Haney, and Garcia (and maybe Prograis?) all have the (eventual, and some very soon) bodies for 147 and you've got Boots and Ortiz there already. As always, welter will be the place to be.

Advertisement
how can the 2nd rd not be 10-8 by all judges? and one even scored it 10-10??? da fuq going on???
watching the fight I think Garcia was absolutely winning the 2nd round. Now not dominating but still. So I don’t think it’s that ridiculous too say Garcia won the round. But the scoring is weird cause you have to have 10 for somebody.

So if you take a Pt from Garcia for the knockdown and a pt from Davis for losing the round, you’d be at 9-9…which is the same as 10-10. Now you could say the best Garcia should be able to do after being knockdown without getting one himself, is 10-9.

watching the fight I think Garcia was absolutely winning the 2nd round. Now not dominating but still. So I don’t think it’s that ridiculous too say Garcia won the round. But the scoring is weird cause you have to have 10 for somebody.

So if you take a Pt from Garcia for the knockdown and a pt from Davis for losing the round, you’d be at 9-9…which is the same as 10-10. Now you could say the best Garcia should be able to do after being knockdown without getting one himself, is 10-9.
I think I I have a bit of an understanding of what you're saying lol. And yeah too me, I guess a 9-9 would have looked a bit better on paper based on your explanation. But to give Garcia a 10..... Like I thought it was a rule that at least 1pt has to be taken if you get knocked down. Idk. Just weird either way to me and I think it's best I stop trying to figure it out lol

I think I I have a bit of an understanding of what you're saying lol. And yeah too me, I guess a 9-9 would have looked a bit better on paper based on your explanation. But to give Garcia a 10..... Like I thought it was a rule that at least 1pt has to be taken if you get knocked down. Idk. Just weird either way to me and I think it's best I stop trying to figure it out lol
It is a rule that you get the deduction for the knockdown, but I'm pretty sure (not 100% tbh) it is also a rule that you have to score somebody a 10 I believe.

ex) say each player scores a knockdown on the other, but one clearly dominated the fight. That score would be 10-9 I'm pretty sure. Because Technically both lose 1 point for getting knocked down, so that would be 9-9, then the person who clearly lost the round gets another point deducted so it would be 9-8. But you can't score it 9-8 on the card because someone needs 10. So what you do is raise both scores equally until you have a 10. So it would be 10-9, even though both got a knock down... Basically the knock downs cancelled eachother out in that scenario.

So with Garcia and Tank, if the judge thinks Garcia loses a point for the knockdown, but otherwise won the round (and it helps it looks like he wasn't really fazed by the knockdown), it's not crazy imo to have that 9-9, which then you need to raise it so someone has 10, so it's 10-10. What most people do is see a guy got knocked down, and unless he unquestionably won the round, you score the round in favor of the boxer who scored the kd.. so it'd be 10-8. And IF that boxer that suffered the kd unquestionably won the round, usually they still only score it 10-9 which is more like saying the round was a tie, and the guy lost a point for the kd. So in a way that scoring isn't actually reflective of how the round played out - 10-10 would be... But Idk I'm not an expert on boxing scoring lol...

It is a rule that you get the deduction for the knockdown, but I'm pretty sure (not 100% tbh) it is also a rule that you have to score somebody a 10 I believe.

ex) say each player scores a knockdown on the other, but one clearly dominated the fight. That score would be 10-9 I'm pretty sure. Because Technically both lose 1 point for getting knocked down, so that would be 9-9, then the person who clearly lost the round gets another point deducted so it would be 9-8. But you can't score it 9-8 on the card because someone needs 10. So what you do is raise both scores equally until you have a 10. So it would be 10-9, even though both got a knock down... Basically the knock downs cancelled eachother out in that scenario.

So with Garcia and Tank, if the judge thinks Garcia loses a point for the knockdown, but otherwise won the round (and it helps it looks like he wasn't really fazed by the knockdown), it's not crazy imo to have that 9-9, which then you need to raise it so someone has 10, so it's 10-10. What most people do is see a guy got knocked down, and unless he unquestionably won the round, you score the round in favor of the boxer who scored the kd.. so it'd be 10-8. And IF that boxer that suffered the kd unquestionably won the round, usually they still only score it 10-9 which is more like saying the round was a tie, and the guy lost a point for the kd. So in a way that scoring isn't actually reflective of how the round played out - 10-10 would be... But Idk I'm not an expert on boxing scoring lol...
Lol that was a very good explanation. I still think the judges were just on some weird **** last night. One of them gave Tank the 1st rd and I think everyone in the world gave it to Garcia. but yeah man, Glad it ended the way it did and not in the judges hands.

Advertisement
my column on Tank's win over Ryan Garcia...

Advertisement
my column on Tank's win over Ryan Garcia...

Don’t come in here and start pasting your propaganda links bub

Last edited:

ESPN proving that outside of Max Kellerman they don’t have a single soul in that company that knows anything about Boxing.

I get it’s purposely done for clicks to drive traffic to their website, but this is just utterly ridiculous not having Tank in the P4P.

ESPN proving that outside of Max Kellerman they don’t have a single soul in that company that knows anything about Boxing.

I get it’s purposely done for clicks to drive traffic to their website, but this is just utterly ridiculous not having Tank in the P4P.

They love Shakur.

Advertisement
They love Shakur.
I do too, I think he’d beat Tank if they ever fought.

But they can’t justifiably have Canelo & Artur on this list & not have Tank.

Bivol only made the list because he beat Ramirez IMO.

David Benavidez & Jaime Munguía have just as much of an argument to be in the top 10 as anybody.

Same with Jaron Ennis & Stephen Fulton.

David Benavidez & Jaime Munguía have just as much of an argument to be in the top 10 as anybody.

Fulton will get his shot this summer.,

So do Tanks handlers. They are following the Pretty Boy/ Money blueprint. Don't expect that fight anytime soon. Shakur is Tanks worst nightmare.

Last edited:
Advertisement
my final thoughts on Davis-Garcia...

Facts

Bruh tbh how bud number one dude fought mainly Uber drivers.....the minute he has to fight someone with talent like Spence he gone. He just trying to finish undefeated.

Tank iq is OP......I always said Shakur the only one who can stop him. And now I don't even know if that's true anymore lol. Was rooting for tank vs Ryan but I gained a lot of respect for Ryan. Ryan's ring walk was One of the best entrances I ever seen from my point of view. Always expect like a rapper or singer or salsa and he hit different sh was like a movie.

Facts

Bruh tbh how bud number one dude fought mainly Uber drivers.....the minute he has to fight someone with talent like Spence he gone. He just trying to finish undefeated.

Tank iq is OP......I always said Shakur the only one who can stop him. And now I don't even know if that's true anymore lol. Was rooting for tank vs Ryan but I gained a lot of respect for Ryan. Ryan's ring walk was One of the best entrances I ever seen from my point of view. Always expect like a rapper or singer or salsa and he hit different sh was like a movie.
Tank can beat Shakur if he turns into a Brawl where they’re trading shots in the middle of the ring.

But otherwise, Shakur will stay outside utilize his Jab & keep Tank at distance while changing the strike zone on him by constantly evading & working from the side angles. As long as he doesn’t just stand flat footed in front of Tank he can beat him. Garcia got scared of Tank’s power after he knocked him down in the 2nd & became too overly cautious.

If you wanna beat Tank you have to fluster him with Combos & stay outside because Tank will take shots just to get close so he can throw that KO punch, but if he keep him at distance while still scoring, you can beat him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back