Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

Advertisement
Man surprised Garcia wasn’t able to get up from that. Just didn’t have the will to get up imo. Good fight. Garcia is still super young and talented, but lot of room to grow.
He can continue on and do great just work on his craft. Shots like that can be more damaging than they look. It was right in the spot - 100% open.

Advertisement
Nah, Garcia doesn’t deserve the disrespect. He lost to a better fighter. Davis is another level than him.
I guess I worded it wrong but Garcia didn't look like his usual confident self is what I meant. Even when he got overly aggressive in the 2nd, it didn't look natural and I knew Davis was going to catch him because he got sloppy.

Props to Garcia for taking the fight at this point in his career, shades of Canelo-Mayweather. Now that he's seen what the best looks like, hopefully for him he'll do what it takes to get there
Yeah, many fighters have promoters who build them up with winnable fights to make sure they get a massive pay day. You’ll see guys who are 24-0 who haven’t beaten anyone of consequence. Except, they’ll give them a washed former champion who’s down and out towards the back end of it.

Advertisement
The only rounds I gave to Garcia was the 1st & the 6th.

Other than that, he was too tentative & fought cautious because he was worried about Tank’s power.

It’s also why Tank was clowning him during the Weigh-in about “eating breakfast” & being in the tub, he could see that Ryan lost a lot of energy trying to get down to weight & get his strength back up. People might not know it, but Tank is very very discipline with his Training camps & his recovery after fights, he never lets himself get way overweight like a lot of the guys do, especially in the smaller weight classes.

Advertisement
I guess I worded it wrong but Garcia didn't look like his usual confident self is what I meant. Even when he got overly aggressive in the 2nd, it didn't look natural and I knew Davis was going to catch him because he got sloppy.
He said he showed him too much respect in the ring. I guess that’s what he meant. Davis was open a little when he’d reach in but Garcia would need to time it and catch him and that didn’t happen. It still amazes me how fast these guys can be.

That's true... and every boxing fan has seen a fair amount of bad judgement but I don't think I've ever seen a 10-10 round and only 1 guy got knocked down lol
Not one of them had it 10-8. The others had it 10-9. For it to be a 10-9 even, Garcia would’ve had to have been pummeling Davis the entire round. This is what they do in boxing. You can never assume that there will be fair or sensible judging unfortunately.

Advertisement
The only rounds I gave to Garcia was the 1st & the 6th.

Other than that, he was too tentative & fought cautious because he was worried about Tank’s power.

It’s also why Tank was clowning him during the Weigh-in about “eating breakfast” & being in the tub, he could see that Ryan lost a lot of energy trying to get down to weight & get his strength back up. People might not know it, but Tank is very very discipline with his Training camps & his recovery after fights, he never lets himself get way overweight like a lot of the guys do, especially in the smaller weight classes.
There is talk that is true, recently. That absolutely has not always been the case. It is one of the reasons he has bounced around between weights and you can probably still find the interview he gave, attending a fight, when he was in camp, and where he was obviously s***faced.

But what we saw, tonight, is that whatever Garcia is or may be down the road, he wasn't ready for what Tank brought.

The question then becomes what is next for Tank? And that begins by finding a weightclass. If he can really make 135, he should go right to the top of the list for the Loma/Haney winner. And then Shakur is waiting. That string is how you become a legend.

And Garcia has no business below 140 ever again. No excuses for his performance, but his body has outgrown anything below. Shakur will outgrow 135 too, pretty soon. 140 looks like a lot of fun in about 12-18 months. Particularly if Lopez "shocks the world".

Regardless, respect to both for making this fight happen and recognition to Tank as the clearly better fighter.

Not one of them had it 10-8. The others had it 10-9. For it to be a 10-9 even, Garcia would’ve had to have been pummeling Davis the entire round. This is what they do in boxing. You can never assume that there will be fair or sensible judging unfortunately.
Right. Man I actually would love to hear the bullcrap that judge can come up with to explain that one. That's beyond egregious

There is talk that is true, recently. That absolutely has not always been the case. It is one of the reasons he has bounced around between weights and you can probably still find the interview he gave, attending a fight, when he was in camp, and where he was obviously s***faced.

But what we saw, tonight, is that whatever Garcia is or may be down the road, he wasn't ready for what Tank brought.

The question then becomes what is next for Tank? And that begins by finding a weightclass. If he can really make 135, he should go right to the top of the list for the Loma/Haney winner. And then Shakur is waiting. That string is how you become a legend.

And Garcia has no business below 140 ever again. No excuses for his performance, but his body has outgrown anything below. Shakur will outgrow 135 too, pretty soon. 140 looks like a lot of fun in about 12-18 months. Particularly if Lopez "shocks the world".

Regardless, respect to both for making this fight happen and recognition to Tank as the clearly better fighter.
Let’s hope it’s Tank vs the winner of Loma Haney. What a fight that would be. Like you say, everyone will end up at 140. Should be a lot of fun to watch

Advertisement
Back