Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

Advertisement
I disagree that heavyweight boxing is that bad now. Wilder isn’t a great boxer but being a one dimensional knock out artist is hardly something new, especially for a heavyweight. And Fury is an elite level technician. He doesn’t get hit hard often and when he does, his chin is solid.

Tyson couldn’t even reach the 6’9 85” reach Fury. Heck he couldn’t beat Holyfield.
Mike Tyson faced a lot of fighters with massive reach advantages. He managed to get inside on almost all of them. He wasn't just a power shot like Wilder; Iron Mike was a boxer.

Having said that, anyone who says Fury COULDN'T beat Mike Tyson is an idiot. He absolutely could with his size, reach and skill level.

Last edited:
I'm here to eat crow. I gotta say. I didn't see that coming. Wilder got exposed. Whoa. So glad I didn't lay bones on that fight.

Go Canes!!!!

I watched this and I can’t believe that any of these two guys are champions. That was just awful.

One is a flabby embarrassment. How can that guy show up in the ring like that.

If I didn’t know who these guys were and turned on the fight, I would think I was watching a Wednesday night fight from Iowa
or some place like that.

And Wilder flails away like he has never been taught how to properly throw a punch.

This could be a low point for the heavyweights. Can’t believe this is the best that this division can offer.

Any top heavyweight from the 70’s and 80’s would destroy any of these clowns within 3 rounds.
You know nothing about boxing, Fury has the most boxing skill and ability to make a guy miss in the heavyweight division since Muhammad Ali, he is Wilder's kryptonite. If you've ever seen him fight you'd be a fool to underestimate him, Joshua will be next.

Advertisement
I believe Usyk's got next with Joshua unless he takes some step aside money. If im eddie hearn im probably just gonna try to make the fury fight cause Anthony's chances with either are probably pretty bad. Might as well get paid to take that L. But Usyk's a bad man too. He could give Tyson Fury some problems in that ring. Not saying he would win but he is a better boxer than Wilder and Joshua so who knows.

You know nothing about boxing, Fury has the most boxing skill and ability to make a guy miss in the heavyweight division since Muhammad Ali, he is Wilder's kryptonite. If you've ever seen him fight you'd be a fool to underestimate him, Joshua will be next.
Been watching heavyweight boxing since before you were born son.
Is Fury the best in an awful era of heavyweights? I guess. That doesn't make him an All-Timer or anywhere close. That is my whole point.

Advertisement
Mike Tyson faced a lot of fighters with massive reach advantages. He managed to get inside on almost all of them. He wasn't just a power shot like Wilder; Iron Mike was a boxer.

Having said that, anyone who says Fury COULDN'T beat Mike Tyson is an idiot. He absolutely could with his size, reach and skill level.

Tyson never fought heavyweights the size of these guys that could actually box. It was mostly tomato cans.

He looked like a child against Lennox, Lewis was a lot bigger , taller and a far more talented boxer. Holyfield wasn’t huge but even he was just too much , because he could actually box and wasn’t scared of Tyson.

Tyson never fought heavyweights the size of these guys that could actually box. It was mostly tomato cans.

He looked like a child against Lennox, Lewis was a lot bigger , taller and a far more talented boxer. Holyfield wasn’t huge but even he was just too much , because he could actually box and wasn’t scared of Tyson.

Or you know prison ****ed Tyson up along with his other personal issues

Fury would knock that retarded midget Mike out and then kill of his pigeons.

Or you know prison ****ed Tyson up along with his other personal issues
It affected him but it’s way over exaggerated. He was still in his prime when he got out. ****, Lennox was a year older than Mike.

Tyson literally never beat a really good or great boxer. They lined up tomato cans sometimes two in a month to pile up victories. It was a very watered down division. He fought Mostly mediocre boxers that were already defeated before the bell rang. They also picked his opponents well, finding mostly journeymen or washed up guys like Holmes.

His out of ring issues and other issues were always there , it just wasn’t an issue until he started getting knocked out. Then it’s the excuse why he wasn’t Ali lol. It wasn’t prison , or the other issues that exposed him, it was when guys were like “ he’s not unbeatable “ and they saw him get his lights turned out. That’s when his career ended.

And I was a huge Tyson fan growing up and saw all his fights. I just know it was a mirage.

Advertisement
It affected him but it’s way over exaggerated. He was still in his prime when he got out. ****, Lennox was a year older than Mike.

Tyson literally never beat a really good or great boxer. They lined up tomato cans sometimes two in a month to pile up victories. It was a very watered down division. He fought Mostly mediocre boxers that were already defeated before the bell rang. They also picked his opponents well, finding mostly journeymen or washed up guys like Holmes.

His out of ring issues and other issues were always there , it just wasn’t an issue until he started getting knocked out. Then it’s the excuse why he wasn’t Ali lol. It wasn’t prison , or the other issues that exposed him, it was when guys were like “ he’s not unbeatable “ and they saw him get his lights turned out. That’s when his career ended.

And I was a huge Tyson fan growing up and saw all his fights. I just know it was a mirage.

I'm not saying guy was GOAT but saying he was in his prime after going to freaking prison is crazy

I'm not saying guy was GOAT but saying he was in his prime after going to freaking prison is crazy

I’m talking age , he was still in a boxers prime. I will say he lost some of his power, but the biggest issue was the intimidation factor was gone . Also he started fighting bigger more skilled heavyweights.

I believe Usyk's got next with Joshua unless he takes some step aside money. If im eddie hearn im probably just gonna try to make the fury fight cause Anthony's chances with either are probably pretty bad. Might as well get paid to take that L. But Usyk's a bad man too. He could give Tyson Fury some problems in that ring. Not saying he would win but he is a better boxer than Wilder and Joshua so who knows.
Usyk is the man. He’s insane. The last I heard, he was fighting Dereck Chisora around May.

Advertisement
1. I think Fury, right now, is simply too much of a physical mismatch for Usyk. But this is peak Fury and I don't think we've seen peak Usyk.
2. Peak Fury v. peak Lennox? That would be a **** of a fight.
3. I don't throw terms like "great" around easily, but Ali was unquestionably great. Having said that, both Lewis and Fury are bad matchups for him.

Waiting for the jabroni that comes into this thread and says Mike Tyson could beat Tyson Fury. I dare you motherfvckers...come out and say it. I know you want to. Do it.

Which Tyson? Teddy Atlas, Cus D’Amato Tyson or Don King, Fresh outta jail Tyson?

The latter version of Tyson would get worked, but the former, disciplined Tyson....I’m not so sure. Tyson dominated in an era where the heavyweight division actually meant something. Lewis & Hollyfield both fought Mike when he was no longer Iron Mike. He was a shell of himself w/ **** poor trainers and handlers that used him for all his $.

Tyson struggled after Cus D'Amato died. He never recovered mentally from prison.

Fury would probably beat him, but I'd love to see a 20 year old Tyson against Fury.

Advertisement
Back