Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

Advertisement
a preview of this weekends boxing schedule, my latest column...

a preview of this weekends boxing schedule, my latest column...

Lots of interesting fights this weekend. I'm most interested in Keyshawn Davis vs Anthony Yigit to see how Davis looks, its his first 10 rounder against a formidable opponent. Jared Anderson vs George Arias will be interesting too. Lots of prospects/future contenders getting tested this weekend. ShoBox is on tomorrow and theres a DAZN card tonight. Sebastian Fundora is always fun to watch. Even Brandun Lee (who I don't think will ever be a world champ) has a formidable opponent after looking eh his last couple fights. Interested to see Raymond Ford is his first 12 rounder on DAZN. Theres also UFC PPV card as well. great weekend!

Lots of interesting fights this weekend. I'm most interested in Keyshawn Davis vs Anthony Yigit to see how Davis looks, its his first 10 rounder against a formidable opponent. Jared Anderson vs George Arias will be interesting too. Lots of prospects/future contenders getting tested this weekend. ShoBox is on tomorrow and theres a DAZN card tonight. Sebastian Fundora is always fun to watch. Even Brandun Lee (who I don't think will ever be a world champ) has a formidable opponent after looking eh his last couple fights. Interested to see Raymond Ford is his first 12 rounder on DAZN. Theres also UFC PPV card as well. great weekend!

A nice showcase of young talent all around. How do I watch these fights at once? Guess I’ll be figuring that out today.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Tank stops all of them, i think shakur beats everyone else tho. The competition he fought so far isn’t the same level as the other guys
Hopefully Tank fights someone like Haney or Shakur next. Can you imagine? You’ve mentioned 2023 being a great year for boxing on here. Imagine adding a Tank vs Haney or Tank vs Shakur or a Shakur vs Haney.

There’s still new hope for Spence Crawford now. Talk about some PPV numbers btw. I feel like everyone here would shell out the money to order that.

Tank stops all of them, i think shakur beats everyone else tho. The competition he fought so far isn’t the same level as the other guys
I think Shakur’s fight IQ & footwork with the ability to control the distance & get significant punches on target is what separates him.

Tank has more raw Power, but his Defense isn’t as strong, he gives up shots to get better positioning to land that hook & get KO’s. It works against most because he has explosive punching power, but against a smarter fighter that can move the target zone & score on the outside using his jab to keep Tank from getting inside, it might not be as easy.

Shakur landed 123 body shots on Yoshino, obviously Yoshi ain’t nowhere close as good as Tank, but the point is Shakur isn’t just gonna stay stationary & let Tank land power shots on his head, he’ll move, strike & evade, keep Tank at bay & then wear’em down throughout the course of the fight.

Tank is the better power puncher with better hands, but IMO Shakur is the better overall fighter.

I think Shakur’s fight IQ & footwork with the ability to control the distance & get significant punches on target is what separates him.

Tank has more raw Power, but his Defense isn’t as strong, he gives up shots to get better positioning to land that hook & get KO’s. It works against most because he has explosive punching power, but against a smarter fighter that can move the target zone & score on the outside using his jab to keep Tank from getting inside, it might not be as easy.

Shakur landed 123 body shots on Yoshino, obviously Yoshi ain’t nowhere close as good as Tank, but the point is Shakur isn’t just gonna stay stationary & let Tank land power shots on his head, he’ll move, strike & evade, keep Tank at bay & then wear’em down throughout the course of the fight.

Tank is the better power puncher with better hands, but IMO Shakur is the better overall fighter.
You can be right, shakur is supremely skilled. But i dont think his foot speed is good enough, he’s flat footed and trys to stay in the pocket and catch and shoot, he does control the distance well but i need to see it vs someone who is even near his level of athleticism and skill.

Tank gets hit but he’s sharp too and knows those are the risks he has to take to get his off, the gameplan you’re saying is what haney could do imo he has the reach and foot speed plus jab to keep tank away but shakur does have more in his toolbox than devin i just think tank is a bad matchup. I just need to see shakur vs better competition

Advertisement
Or Haney. Haney says he’s staying at 135 after Loma which I find surprising.
Same i feel like he’s gonna go for the teo/taylor winner. Guy looks like a skeleton cutting down to 135, if he stays he’s a dawg lmao.

Same i feel like he’s gonna go for the teo/taylor winner. Guy looks like a skeleton cutting down to 135, if he stays he’s a dawg lmao.

Good call. Plus, Haney can just go to 140 afterwards and wait on Shakur. Shakur will eventually go to 140 Im sure. No reason for Haney to stick around and fight Shakur at 135. Its just not physically healthy cutting weight like that on a consistent basis.

Advertisement
the sublime boxing skills of Shakur Stevenson, my latest...

my latest column, some news and notes with Bob Arum....

Advertisement
Back