Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

Advertisement
Looking forward to seeing Navarrete on the card tonight. That guy fights every other month it seems like. He’s a beast.

Fury has weighed in 18lbs heavier than he did for the first fight.

Clearly he's not taken his training seriously.
Wow, I'm surprised to hear that after all his talk about how different this camp was from the last. I was sold. That is a massive number. Jeez.

@OriginalGatorHater I had Fury winning a decision tonight, rather comfortably too. But that's because I bought in to his talk about how different his training and conditioning was this time. I dont know if I feel that way knowing hes coming in almost 20 pounds heavier.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fury has weighed in 18lbs heavier than he did for the first fight.

Clearly he's not taken his training seriously.
He prolly knows Wilder shoulda finished him last time.... Fury is just a suicidal maniac showing up to get a pay check...... according to recent reports he's mentally phucked up... seriously, I really hope he doesn't do anything foolish to hurt himself....

I don't understand some of the comments about Fury. According to everything I've seen and read he is in a really good place, mentally and emotionally, and wanted to be about 270 for the fight. He carried that weight through the entirely of training camp. I believe he has switched strategies for this fight. I think he'll go inside for long chunks of time because he feels superior and safer there. You don't want to be at distance with Wilder because his power is at the end of the long right hand. We don't know that he has similar power in close.

I think Fury really is going for the KO and, as a result, there will be a KO, but I don't know who gets it. In any event, the straight bet is to take the under on 10.5 rounds. This won't go the distance.

Advertisement
He prolly knows Wilder shoulda finished him last time.... Fury is just a suicidal maniac showing up to get a pay check...... according to recent reports he's mentally phucked up... seriously, I really hope he doesn't do anything foolish to hurt himself....
Huh?

Wow, I'm surprised to hear that after all his talk about how different this camp was from the last. I was sold. That is a massive number. Jeez.

@OriginalGatorHater I had Fury winning a decision tonight, rather comfortably too. But that's because I bought in to his talk about how different his training and conditioning was this time. I dont know if I feel that way knowing hes coming in almost 20 pounds heavier.

I was pretty surprised too, its not like he is going to be knocking out Wilder. I am surprised Wilder put on the extra pounds too, its just going to tire him out faster.

I was pretty surprised too, its not like he is going to be knocking out Wilder. I am surprised Wilder put on the extra pounds too, its just going to tire him out faster.
Right. The recipe to a Fury victory is out pointing him for 12 rounds. He implemented that well last time. I thought when he said he did a much longer camp that meant he was refining the same strategy. If he intentionally bulked up and wants to remain in tight tonight, then it will be a completely different fight. Strange. I still have a gut feeling he manages to avoid Wilder's haymakers.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Right. The recipe to a Fury victory is out pointing him for 12 rounds. He implemented that well last time. I thought when he said he did a much longer camp that meant he was refining the same strategy. If he intentionally bulked up and wants to remain in tight tonight, then it will be a completely different fight. Strange. I still have a gut feeling he managed to avoid Wilder's haymakers.

I think so too, especially because Wilder is bound to be slower as well after putting on the 20 or so pounds. Wilder also tired out last fight, and with the added bulk he will certainly gas quicker, especially since he will have to deal with the heavier Fury lying on him. I really don't get what his camp was trying to do.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back