The case for Dan Enos

I'll post it again. Analytic nerds can spin number any way they want to help prove a point. "the data the data" is their battle cry. They actually said you dont need a good running game to run play action. The data says that. Yeah sure. Ask CMU how our amazing play action fooled them today.

To be fair, the analytics don't like anything about Enos. He's had one offense rankly highly in the S&P+. And the offense he wants to run is the complete opposite of what a site like Football Outsiders says you should run in college.

Enos isn't somebody the analytic nerds would be in favor of. He's somebody a traditional, old school guy would support.

Advertisement
To be fair, the analytics don't like anything about Enos. He's had one offense rankly highly in the S&P+. And the offense he wants to run is the complete opposite of what a site like Football Outsiders says you should run in college.

Enos isn't somebody the analytic nerds would be in favor of. He's somebody a traditional, old school guy would support.

Toss that a adjusted stuff out the window; he has made the offense better already but end of the day your boy has 0 offense ranked higher than 29

So then in fact he was a horrible hire for a college football offence? Is this what we are saying?

Advertisement
Good call asshat

17 points vs a 1-11 MAC team.

Stick to sucking dlcks.
A class act shows his face. Little early for you to claim "victory". Get a life, dredging up 9 month old posts. But that's ok, we will remember you.

Advertisement
If Diaz has any balls, he demands Enos to change and improve, or fire him. If he wants to kill his career like Golden did with D'Onofrio, that's his choice. All this talk about demanding excellence, but then to not hold his staff to the same standard is hypocrisy at its finest. He'd better recognize this, or the players are going to hit the portal faster than he can say turnover chai...

So basically I'm listening to this guy, some of the other malcontents, and Dan E's upvotes since he's too ****ed off to even post anything anymore.

Look, it's 2012 again.
lol. Welcome to the dark side. Trust me, I wanted to be wrong about Enos, and I'm not sure if 2 yards and a cloud of dust is even the right characterization of his offense. It's just the wrong offense for our personnel.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not ready to throw the towel on Enos 4 games in, but he told us he would tailor the offense to his personnel. I guess spring and fall ball did not tell him enough about his personnel, but these last 4 games should have. Good coaches can adjust and scrap what is not working. All eyes are on Enos to put his players in positions to succeed. I hope he is not an egomaniac that will refuse to adjust, and deflect all blame to the players for not executing something that does not fit their skills. The limited

The small sample size I have seen from him has me a little leary. The way he left Bama ( which I loved cause he stuck it to Saban) but not a good look, talking about why he left CMU he basically said they did me wrong so I left. Did not see any accountability on his part. Then after game 1 this season he publicly trashes JW who just made his first college start, with no help from the OL. Could be wrong but seems to not accept blame for anything. Hope that impression is wrong and he turns out to be a great leader for our offense. The rest of this season will be interesting to see what we have in Enos.

I lack the knowledge to make an informed opinion on Enos.

However, a VERY knowledgeable Arkansas fan just told me "The red zone playcalling while he was OC at AK was some of the worst I've ever seen."
Bump. This post was made in January, right after the hire.

The redzone playcalling is atrocious. This guy nailed it.

Advertisement
Back