The Case for Al Golden?

JimiGerman

Recruit
I've heard plenty of the negative knocks on Al Golden's tenure at The U: a subpar defensive scheme, inability to convince more of the top talent recruits to stay home, epic failures in big games, loyalty to Onofrio, player development, etc.

I'd like someone to please tell me what are the positives? What are his accomplishments so far? Please enlighten me, because I have a hard time thinking of any - other than the fact that he is a likable guy - and I want someone to make the case for Al to stay if there is a case to be made. Being open-minded. I'll wait.

Advertisement
"He's a good CEO" - Not true, CEO's hire quality people. His staff is awful
"He cares about his players" - How many points is that worth on Saturdays? Pop warner is that way
"He stuck with us through the NCAA mess" - He honored his contractual duties and was handsomely compensated
"He had the cloud" - Which he spoke about more than anyone, using it to sign an unwarranted extension
"He's a good recruiter" - His players are leaving in droves and his SoFla recruiting is "decent" at best
"But he's a good recruiter!" - Even with better classes than opposition, he loses. Doesn't matter who he's signs
"He turned around Temple" - This will actually come in handy ... When we can schedule Villanova 12 times a year fvck out my face

I've heard plenty of the negative knocks on Al Golden's tenure at The U: a subpar defensive scheme, inability to convince more of the top talent recruits to stay home, epic failures in big games, loyalty to Onofrio, player development, etc.

I'd like someone to please tell me what are the positives? What are his accomplishments so far? Please enlighten me, because I have a hard time thinking of any - other than the fact that he is a likable guy - and I want someone to make the case for Al to stay if there is a case to be made. Being open-minded. I'll wait.

he can use a cloud to save his job for one to many years, he is great on throwing kids under the bus for his short comings

Advertisement
He has a sports psychology degree. That's a big deal helping players cope with his shenanigans

WRONG

Advertisement
Advertisement

But why should we make a case FOR him? He's been making his case for years. Now, we the JURY, pass judgement.

Verdict: Goldie is guilty of impersonating a football HC.

I've got a case for him....
think it's really clear
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Advertisement
He has chosen to lead a healthier lifestyle. Although lately it seems he is back to eating honey buns.

Advertisement
Back