The Case Against Manolo As LB Coach...

Advertisement
Not trying to defend Manny, I'm one of his biggest critics, but Eric Spoelstra never played meaningful basketball, Mike Leach was a pirate (LOL) and .......you get the idea.
The "he never had his hand in the dirt" is just meathead logic. The people who use this as an argument have no interest in providing any insight. It's a response in bad faith. Pay that **** no mind.

Pink and Shaq were just a few years too late to college football. If they played back in 2008-2014 they were prototypes. They came in and everyone ran an offense that exploits players exactly like them... aggressive, downhill, run stuffers.

My only knock on Manny as a LB coach/evaluator is he’s not catching on to the new age prototypes and when he does get them (Brooks, Huff, etc) they’re not playing because they favor the physically limited guys that can call the defense.

Advertisement
Manny hasn't even coached the LB's for 2 years now and therein could lie the problem. Baker+Patke = Cheeks

Being the head coach and linebackers coach is way too much work. Manny should definitely not be LB coach.

However, Baker and Patke suck. It's Manny job to hire good people to coach the LBs. A head coach to a very large extent is who he hires.

Being the head coach and linebackers coach is way too much work. Manny should definitely not be LB coach.

However, Baker and Patke suck. It's Manny job to hire good people to coach the LBs. A head coach to a very large extent is who he hires.
I am not saying he should and I agree, its his job to make the hires.

Manny hired dudes who can't see talent or can't recruit. That's his fault and his evals are bad at lb. Someone posted above shaq and pink are old school linebackers....with things wide open now u need athletic linebackers now.

Advertisement
Back