the canes are making the NCAA tournament

Advertisement
I can only hope you are right. It's a tough, tough trudge up a very steep mountain.

Advertisement
Cannot lose at home to Ga Tech or Clemson. Clemson's not as good as last year, and Ga Tech is like Va Tech---much worse on the road than they are at home.

Then we have to win 1 our of our last 4, which will be a lot harder than it sounds. Crucial game might be road game at Va Tech. Another potential bubble team, who is very tough to beat in Blacksburg (remember last year?).

While it'd be great to be 10-8 or better in conference, 9-9 with a 3-0 record against fellow bubble teams Va Tech and Ga Tech, would be good. Of course, then we have to worry about the possibility of being in the 8vs9 seed ACC tourney game, where a loss there, to someone like Wake, or one of the Techs, could hurt us.

Ironically enough, we also need to hope for Florida to continue to play very well. That helps our resume.

Advertisement
Need to win one more. .500 in conference opens the door to a host of clowns who will get the nod over us. Remember NCSU in '15.

Need to win one more. .500 in conference opens the door to a host of clowns who will get the nod over us. Remember NCSU in '15.

Not this year. The bubble is incredibly weak, so this win gets us in.

Moot point though since this team is not done winning. We're 7-2 in our last 9 games, no way we lose 4 straight

Advertisement

Moot point though since this team is not done winning. We're 7-2 in our last 9 games, no way we lose 4 straight

I agree. BUT, losing 3 in a row to finish 9-9 puts on the last out bubble

Doubt it. Our RPI is 37 now. Look at the RPIs of the teams we play.

No.

I mean, you're just wrong, there isn't much to argue with here.

Advertisement
Win a couple of more including the ACC and get out of the dreaded 9 / 10 seed in the tourney and the west bracket ...ugghhh

Advertisement
Back