The buyout lies are disgusting

I know more about Nfp accounting rules than your post states. If they want him gone the money will be there. A contractual buy out has nothing to do with an operating budget based on revenue and expenditures.

It has nothing to do with "accounting rules" it has to do with capital budgeting. We're not talking about GAAP. And if you knew that much about non-profit accounting, you would know that.

Advertisement
So why was I watching Richt on the big TV screens during games this season begging fans to donate to the IPF if we have so much money?

It's Un-American to use your own Money when people will give you their money.

Got Dayum, Boy. Wake up!

Ugh. Guys. Everything about this thread is wrong.

Please read my post on University Financing.

It is nowhere remotely as simple as "having the money," nor can you look at football revenues in isolation, due to Title IX.

It's not a lie, it's how things work.

It's like missionary work teaching the isolated tribes about language and clothing.
miniGif_20181228213022.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
It has nothing to do with "accounting rules" it has to do with capital budgeting. We're not talking about GAAP. And if you knew that much about non-profit accounting, you would know that.

Dude, please, UM isn't developing any budgets 7-8 years out beyond tracking costs associated with LT fixed assets/the endowment. That's unheard of in the private sector at Fortune 500 companies, let alone a 10k student University.

CapEx spend was less than 7% of revenue at UM in 2017. Majority of our cash isn't tied up to the point where the budget over the next 1-3 years can't be reallocated. Just eyeballing our financials our Compensation & Benefits expense went up 90 bps and whatever we lump in our supplies and services budget went up 140 bps as a % of rev. There's likely a ton of fluff, the desire isn't there.

We can't afford it?

School made 27 mil off football last year alone and has billions in assets and hundreds of millions in unrestricted funds.

The fallacy that we can't afford it is as archaic as richts offense or our last national title. It simply is a lie.

BOT members could snap their fingers from their Rolls Royce and have it done lickety split.

B I N G O

The bull**** that we can't afford top coaches needs to end as well

We can't afford it?

School made 27 mil off football last year alone and has billions in assets and hundreds of millions in unrestricted funds.

The fallacy that we can't afford it is as archaic as richts offense or our last national title. It simply is a lie.

BOT members could snap their fingers from their Rolls Royce and have it done lickety split.

Use it then.

Advertisement
Dude, please, UM isn't developing any budgets 7-8 years out beyond tracking costs associated with LT fixed assets/the endowment. That's unheard of in the private sector at Fortune 500 companies, let alone a 10k student University.

CapEx spend was less than 7% of revenue at UM in 2017. Majority of our cash isn't tied up to the point where the budget over the next 1-3 years can't be reallocated. Just eyeballing our financials our Compensation & Benefits expense went up 90 bps and whatever we lump in our supplies and services budget went up 140 bps as a % of rev. There's likely a ton of fluff, the desire isn't there.

Dude, please. Schedules are developed that far in advance. An endowment with infinite life typically has a five and ten year plan, at least.

I'm kind of beside myself that you think Fortune 500 companies aren't developing operating budgets that far in advance. Anything associated with a capital expenditure is going to project discounted cash flows for YEARS. Endowment valuations are projected out 25-30 years. I've done the work.

Dude, please. Schedules are developed that far in advance. An endowment with infinite life typically has a five and ten year plan, at least.

I'm kind of beside myself that you think Fortune 500 companies aren't developing operating budgets that far in advance. Anything associated with a capital expenditure is going to project discounted cash flows for YEARS. Endowment valuations are projected out 25-30 years. I've done the work.

Are you really surprised? Have you not read the majority of threads on this site the last several months?

Are you really surprised? Have you not read the majority of threads on this site the last several months?

Fair. I guess I give the benefit of the doubt when someone understands what basis points means, but then again I've got a moron claiming to have an MBA from an Ivy school that thinks we can just build a stadium...

Advertisement
He gave you the rebuttal. Title IX. Football has to support the athletic department and pay for all the sports that lose money including many of the women's sports that we are required to keep in order to be in compliance with Title IX.

But don't let stupid little things like facts get in the way!

B I N G O

The bull**** that we can't afford top coaches needs to end as well

We can afford a stadium too. And it would completely bankrupt the university.

Does a person who makes $50K a year spend $45K in cash on a car? No, because that would be stupid.

Financial management is financial management and Miami is NOT a state school with unlimited resources that prioritizes the football program over the institution.

Any fool who thinks we “made” $27 million off football last year shouldn’t even be responded to.

His math is as logical as the dude who thinks the BOT will fire James and CMR if he doesn’t renew his season tickets.

Advertisement
Any fool who thinks we “made” $27 million off football last year shouldn’t even be responded to.

His math is as logical as the dude who thinks the BOT will fire James and CMR if he doesn’t renew his season tickets.

For the sake of the argument, lets say they did. If you can make $27 million as ****** as we played this past year, why pay a large buyout? Make the coach do some housekeeping with the staff to keep people interested and wait at least another year til the buyout is more reasonable.

For the sake of the argument, lets say they did. If you can make $27 million as ****** as we played this past year, why pay a large buyout? Make the coach do some housekeeping with the staff to keep people interested and wait at least another year til the buyout is more reasonable.

The only myth bigger than us making $27 million is that the school doesn’t want to win.

That’s message board conspiracy theoriy perpetuated by the dummies who also say they’re using Richt to purposely sabotage the program.

If they thought they could fire Richt and bring someone in that could win it all they would.

The only myth bigger than us making $27 million is that the school doesn’t want to win.

That’s message board conspiracy theoriy perpetuated by the dummies who also say they’re using Richt to purposely sabotage the program.

If they thought they could fire Richt and bring someone in that could win it all they would.

I don't doubt they want to win, but it's also a business.

I’m all for it! Wish they would do it!
If I had and extra 20 million I would pay for it myself

People with an extra $20 million don’t think like that. That’s why they have an extra $20 million. You can always negotiate a severance package.

Advertisement
Back