The Bus has left Coral Gables

Status
Not open for further replies.

sitzee

Freshman
proxy.php

[FONT=&amp]Miami Hurricanes quarterback Brad Kaaya (15) hands off to running back Gus Edwards (7) in the second quarter as the University of Miami takes on the West Virginia Mountaineers at the Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando Wed., Dec. 28, 2016.AL DIAZ adiaz@miamiherald.com

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
[FONT=&amp]BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN
sdegnan@miamiherald.com
[/FONT]

• [*=left]

Another running back has departed early from the University of Miami.
The university announced Wednesday afternoon that Gus Edwards, who would have been a redshirt senior for the 2017 season, is transferring from the school.
Earlier this month, Joe Yearby, who rushed for more than 1,000 yards in 2015, left for the NFL Draft.
“Gus indicated to me that he would like to explore the possibility of other opportunities to continue his football career and we have given him permission to do that,’’ UM football coach Mark Richt said in a statement released by Miami.
The 6-1, 230-pound Edwards is from Staten Island, N.Y., and previously notified people inside the UM athletic department that he was exploring other options.
He appeared in 35 games over three seasons, making one start. His career numbers: 186 carries for 977 yards and 12 touchdowns.
This season, Edwards had 59 carries for 290 yards and one touchdown.
In 2017, Mark Walton will continue to be the top runner, with rising sophomore Travis Homer now the favorite for the No. 2 spot.

Read more here: Another running back leaves the Miami Hurricanes? football program | Miami Herald

When I first heard Gus was leaving I was upset, but as I think about I wish him the Best of Luck....

Gus is better off elsewhere, he doesn't have the heart to be a Cane...

With Yearby leaving for the NFL, and the only RB on the Roster to give Gus any competition is Homer, just shows us how Scared he was of the competition...

All the Great RB's at the U faced Competition, nothing was handed to them

[/FONT]

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back