The Brevin Jordan Game

Big coming out party for Jordan on tap Saturday. I expect FSU will have some success rushing the passer and Richt knows it....he will focus on the quick passing game now that we have a kid who is accurate and can put the ball in spots to create YAC. Also, FSU's linebackers are by far the weakness of their defense. DeCalon Brooks (son of Derrick, NOT a chip off the old block) is possibly the worst starting LB for FSU in the past 20 years. No, that's not hyperbole. He's that bad.

I expect Richt to absolutely attack him on every snap. He's #28....there's no way in **** he or #5 (Jackson) can cover Jordan. I think Brevin has by far his best game on Saturday. I'm thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 catches for 70-80 yards.

If Miami plays a clean game (no horrible penalties to kill or extend drives, no really bad turnovers that result in direct scores or very short fields, no special teams disasters) I don't see much of a path for FSU to win. The've been bad on both sides of the ball all year.

Advertisement
This would also be a good time to have Perry do a lot of bootlegs and roll outs because the TEs will be wide open.
I think we FINALLY get some big runs against them too because of the LB deficiencies you point out.

Last edited:
Yep, roll outs and waggles will kill them. So will Perry’s ability to improvise I think.

Soften them up and then run it down their throat. And that’s the game.

Advertisement
Middle of the field will be open all day, announcers yesterday even made the comment. I'd prefer to start pass heavy mixed in with a run or two until we get double digit lead and then kill them with the run game. Gonna be fun to watch.

A comment and a question;

NP has to start sliding and thinking about his health on runs, too easy to get banged up.
Does NP use a mouthpice? Didn't see one.

Advertisement
A comment and a question;

NP has to start sliding and thinking about his health on runs, too easy to get banged up.
Does NP use a mouthpice? Didn't see one.

I agree NKosi needs to start sliding he isn’t afraid of contact which I like but we can’t afford to lose him to a concussion or any other injury. But I think he uses a mouth piece just not on every down lol

This is the game Id like to see the multiple tight end sets and lots of motion.... LOTS OF MOTION... Come on Richt confuse the **** out of an already bad defense

This would also be a good time to have Perry do a lot of bootlegs and roll outs because the TEs will be wide open.
I think we FINALLY get some big runs against them too because of the LB deficiencies you point out.
Watching FSU yesterday I had the same exact thought. A couple roll outs and our TEs will be wide open. I mean they will be wide open anyway, but their only, and I mean only chance to beat us is to get quick pressure on Perry. Getting open means nothing if your QB is flat on his back, so we have to be creative early so they will have more to think about. Indecisiveness kills a D, and we need to make them indecisive. If they attack and we can't slow them down, it's going to be a long day.

Advertisement
This is the game Id like to see the multiple tight end sets and lots of motion.... LOTS OF MOTION... Come on Richt confuse the **** out of an already bad defense
Yep, put the two TEs in there then let them shred those pitiful LBs.

Brevin Jordan is a stud man. He is a commodity that can expose the fswho LBs. I love the match up and we should dominate with rollouts and middle pass lanes.

I thought we were talking about the same thing lol

Attachments

• ADAEC846-497F-4717-AD8C-48CA4E28DB56.jpeg
    ADAEC846-497F-4717-AD8C-48CA4E28DB56.jpeg
    235.4 KB · Views: 27
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back