the Bobby Bowden way of thinking

jackedaround

Junior
Loyal to a fault. I am all for loyalty but performance is far more important.
Employing unqualified and under performing family. Family should never be part of the staff it just creates problems.
Hard headed and refusing to change. We all know this, running power with a junk o-line.
Not adapting to changes of the game over time. Do I really need to elaborate on why the offense which uses little motion and creativity is easy to stop?
Bible big part of teaching. In and of itself not a problem but everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, this is a workplace stop forcing yours down 18 year old kids throats.

I will leave you with this quote, "You can live by biblical principles, and you can teach by those principles and still be a winner. So many coaches think you've got to kick your players in the rear end. You've got to cuss them out. You've got to hit them across the head. No. You don't have to do that."

However, Bowden didn't run a choir in reality and recruited guys with a not so great past. He also won championships.

Advertisement
Our line wouldn't look like junk if we ran an O they were comfortable and familiar with. Our QB play would look better if we didn't run off talented QBs. Our WR play would look better with better QB and O line play. Our RBs would look better if these other pieces were working properly.

Richt is horrible at maximizing the talent he has. He takes talented players and tells them, "You just don't fit with what I am trying to do. However, if you work hard you might get playing time one day." Of course this makes kids want the **** out. It makes WRs wish they never came here. It makes O linemen look bad because we don't have a QB with both a brain AND half decent arm. It leaves few holes for RBs to run through. It's just a big freaking mess.

I guarantee you, if Richt suited his O to the talents of a Kaaya, or even Jack Allison, our O would be so much better. Weapons all over the field begging for the ball. Instead we are stuck with this horse crap clap clap O that no skill player with a functioning brain wants to play in.

CMR is hardly the only coach who lives a life centered around faith. Does he "force it down their throats?" I doubt it. Most of the kids and families he recruits and coaches would view his faith as a positive, recent results notwithstanding. There are plenty other legitimate things to criticize about him and the program.

LaVell Edwards at BYU was a man of faith with a fairly even demeanor. Won lots of games including an NC. It's not about faith, it's about passion for the game.

Our line wouldn't look like junk if we ran an O they were comfortable and familiar with. Our QB play would look better if we didn't run off talented QBs. Our WR play would look better with better QB and O line play. Our RBs would look better if these other pieces were working properly.

Richt is horrible at maximizing the talent he has. He takes talented players and tells them, "You just don't fit with what I am trying to do. However, if you work hard you might get playing time one day." Of course this makes kids want the **** out. It makes WRs wish they never came here. It makes O linemen look bad because we don't have a QB with both a brain AND half decent arm. It leaves few holes for RBs to run through. It's just a big freaking mess.

I guarantee you, if Richt suited his O to the talents of a Kaaya, or even Jack Allison, our O would be so much better. Weapons all over the field begging for the ball. Instead we are stuck with this horse crap clap clap O that no skill player with a functioning brain wants to play in.

This :rolleyes:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back