The Blue Chip Ratio - Tight End Edition

GojiraCane

All ACC
1645305541052.png

Advertisement
‘17 was the pits. lot of misses on that chart. our best TE’s out of Greg and Brevin were not blue chippers. With our track record, the blue chip ratio should be 75%+ every year

Don’t remember Richard Gordon, beau sandland transferred, Stan dobard played DE, don’t think Washington ever touched the field. TEU!

Advertisement
Shows that sometimes blue chip ratio is wrong. Njoku and Herndon were excellent TEs. Warlord was pretty good, too. Hasn't mattered who the HC is, we've had great TEs at Miami. I think Mario elevates that up another notch.

I hope Mallory has a money season in 2023. But Arroyo is the one who has first-round talent. Need to get that kid on the field as much as possible. He's going to be special.

Advertisement
3 of those turned out to be productive. Olsen had the drops from time to time but in his defense Legget was good teammate.

It’s really tough to have more than two blue chip tight ends on your roster at any one time. Teams only use one at a time and most of the time if a team uses two tight ends, one of them is there to block. It’s not like receiver where you have three starters and at least three more guys who get rotational playing time. Your third TE pretty much never plays except for certain goal line formations or blowouts.

Shows that sometimes blue chip ratio is wrong. Njoku and Herndon were excellent TEs. Warlord was pretty good, too. Hasn't mattered who the HC is, we've had great TEs at Miami. I think Mario elevates that up another notch.

I hope Mallory has a money season in 2023. But Arroyo is the one who has first-round talent. Need to get that kid on the field as much as possible. He's going to be special.
I’m really tired of people pointing out that not all blue chip guys work out. Of course they don’t, nobody thinks that. The point is that they work out at a higher percentage rate than non-blue chip guys. So if you load up on blue chip players you will have more hits overall. And when they miss you’ve got a better chance of having somebody good to replace them with if you’re loaded with 4&5* guys.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back