The biggest idiot in the world right now is...

This is the stuff that keeps us from being great. Sam Bruce, Dionte Mullins, and Jack Allison all from the same recruiting class and none of them make it to their junior year.

Advertisement
I wish dude would have stuck it out. I'm with those that say the adults around the kid failed him. Someone around the kid should have said, "look, things may not be working out right now, but keep working because leaving during the season makes no sense whatsoever. " From the sound of things that were reported from social media, it seems like some of the adults were right along with him.
With that said, hope things work out for him.

Mullins and Bruce flushed their lives down the toilet like Marty McFly Sr.
They both screwed the pooch. But the twos issues arent in the same hemisphere. If what sam got kicked out for came to light it wouldve been a national issue.

So many kids waste their moment. I remember that DT from No FL who threw up the U at Florida’s FNL and committed to us but couldn’t get in. I don’t think he ever went to college, smh.

Advertisement
Whatever happened to all of all those kids from Golden’s early years that got booted? Eddie Johnson, Gabe Terry, Briscoe, Finnie. And did Figueroa and Blue ever redeem themselves for date raping that girl then burning on FB or IM the U flag when they got booted? I mean how stupid can you be?

He will play for USC Gamecocks. He took a transfer there when he was kicked off the team here and sat last year.

Good for him! Momma seemed to be solid, he just hung around the wrong crowd far too long in HS. He was a Drummond and U School kid IIRC.

He will play for USC Gamecocks. He took a transfer there when he was kicked off the team here and sat last year.

Not listed on ***** roster.

There is no news of this anywhere.

Last Bruce was heard from, he was at Gulf Coast Community College, last year I believe.

Only real offer ever talked about in the media was WVU and that was almost 18 mos ago and nothing came of it.

Right now he’s in the twilight zone.

I think this stuff about the gamecocks is fake news.

Advertisement
Advertisement
IMO, the writing was on the wall when he tweeted after one of our games, that he didn't understand why Dugans wouldn't play him.

We won that game, and yet, he took to Twitter to gripe about his playing time, and called out his current coach in the process. Those type of antics would not work in any type of work environment, yet alone, one in which the very foundation of the organization is built off of the word "TEAM." That is the exact type of attitude that impedes talent from ever having a platform, and in the process derails careers, or in this case, ends them.

Good luck to the young man, but this is not a surprise by any stretch.

Even worst, that was arguably the program's biggest win in the last decade. The timing of his tweet couldn't have been worst.

They both screwed the pooch. But the twos issues arent in the same hemisphere. If what sam got kicked out for came to light it wouldve been a national issue.

I know you're not going to go into much detail. But I know Bruce's mom completely agreed with the decision, despite some of the logical thinking posters on this forum said. I'm assuming it was something to the degree that any coach in the nation would've kicked him off the team for?

I know you're not going to go into much detail. But I know Bruce's mom completely agreed with the decision, despite some of the logical thinking posters on this forum said. I'm assuming it was something to the degree that any coach in the nation would've kicked him off the team for?
Bruce was nice to me and I wish him the best and hope he's matured. With that said he was a cancer to the team from day 1 and his skill was not at all worth the attitude that came with it.

Advertisement
Bruce was nice to me and I wish him the best and hope he's matured. With that said he was a cancer to the team from day 1 and his skill was not at all worth the attitude that came with it.
Thanks for the insight. It's kind of impossible for us to get greater insight to the situation, considering you were in the same position room with him.

Last edited:
Thanks for the insight. It's kind of impossible us to get greater insight to the situation, considering you were in the same position room with him.
I sat right next to him so I probably heard more of his words than anyone else. I don’t want to drag him through the mud but in addition to previous issues already discussed on the board before, he and coach Dugans didn’t see eye to eye at all

I sat right next to him so I probably heard more of his words than anyone else. I don’t want to drag him through the mud but in addition to previous issues already discussed on the board before, he and coach Dugans didn’t see eye to eye at all
Much respect to you for taking this stance. I knew you were a scholar; I see you are indeed a gentleman as well.

Advertisement
Back