The biggest difference between Clemson & LSU last night

Advertisement
Coaching. Sure, both teams have good coaches, if not great. But LSU staff was able to prepare their players for the game and adjust during the game, the Clemson not so much, as they seemed to have depended too much on their recent success, underestimated LSU, and failed to adjust During the game.

The biggest difference between LSU and Clemson is none other than Joe Burrow. Take Joe Burrow off LSU, and Clemson wins going away. Burrow is like the college version of Joe Montana. Great pocket awareness, doesn't get rattled, accurate throws all over the field, and gives his team big plays when it really needs them. Dude was money this year. Blitzing players have him hemmed in and dead to rights, but he somehow finds a lane to squirm away and get 5-10 yards. He does nothing but demoralizes defenses.

The second TD he threw to Chase in the corner of the end zone could be the best throw I’ve see in college ball in the last 5yrs. He is very similar to JM in regards to not getting rattled or letting games get to big for him. The throw that Chase dropped was a thing of beauty also. I hope the kid has a great pro career.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
I am still going to stick with what i said before the game. One of the biggest differences was that the game was in Louisiana.
IT felt like an LSU home game in that Dome. If that game were played in any other stadium I think Clemson could have done much better.

LSU has been an NFL receiver factory for a long time. Now they are just putting those nfl ready receivers in favorable matchups in space.

Georgia and Alabama have plenty of team speed and couldn’t beat LSU.

Auburn and BYU held LSU to their lowest point totals so I’m not sure it’s all about DB speed.

Advertisement
Back