The Best

Advertisement
Advertisement
defense FSU has played to date, protect the football, execute in the redzone

31-21 Canes
I agree with you.

If we can simply not turn the ball over, we can (and will likely) win.

However, its early November and I've seen many Miami teams over 20 years reach this point and absolutely fall off the wagon where the team is lost. Happened last year and its happened many times over the past 20. That is also in the cards as well...a complete meltdown. FSU is matchup problems all over the place for us. I have no idea how we are expecting to cover Coleman, Wilson, and Bell all game. Trey Benson ****ed our life up last year. Jordan Travis is a problem for us with his ability to run when a play breaks down. Its a tough ******* matchup for Miami.

But, beat FSU and I think we'd all be happy enough with the year and improvement we've made. Lose to FSU in embarrassing fashion and its going to be a long offseason. fml.

Advertisement
QB questions, poor secondary play, o line getting stuffed when it mattered, on the road… my hope is not getting embarrassed, but I doubt it.

//yes, I'm in full mope mode

Riding the mope train with you until:

1. Someone other than TVD starts
2. I see variety in playcalling like Texas AM again…. Don’t care if it’s Mario or Dawson but game plan has to be better

I agree with you.

If we can simply not turn the ball over, we can (and will likely) win.

However, its early November and I've seen many Miami teams over 20 years reach this point and absolutely fall off the wagon where the team is lost. Happened last year and its happened many times over the past 20. That is also in the cards as well...a complete meltdown. FSU is matchup problems all over the place for us. I have no idea how we are expecting to cover Coleman, Wilson, and Bell all game. Trey Benson ****ed our life up last year. Jordan Travis is a problem for us with his ability to run when a play breaks down. Its a tough ******* matchup for Miami.

But, beat FSU and I think we'd all be happy enough with the year and improvement we've made. Lose to FSU in embarrassing fashion and its going to be a long offseason. fml.
Lose like we did last year and it will be time to check out for a while..

Clemson is the best defense FSU has faced to date, but we are 2nd best.

GA- you are always pumping on Clemson. Pretty sure you said Miami didn't have a chance against Clemson yet we won.

Let's be real- Miami and Clemson have one thing in common- they have cheeks on the offensive side. Miami has one big thing going for it compared to Clemson- Andy. Miami needs to score 24+ to win and hope to hold FSU to 24 much like Clemson and Pitt.

Advertisement
Don't worry. I'm going to kidnap both Mario and TVD.

Canes 65
FSU 0

Alonzo as HC
Emory @ QB

aliens-vasquez.gif

Advertisement
I wouldn't dare throw out a prediction.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Van Dyke with two picks, Miami down 17-0, Williams going in and the Canes losing a 31-10 type football game.

Also wouldn't be shocked to see the Canes showing up for a street fight and seeing a game comparable to Florida State / Clemson weeks back where the Tigers' defense was physical and played ball.

The Noles are a really good team, but they're not great. Boston College gave it away on a platter with 18 penalties, Clemson had it locked up with a chip-shot field goal and Duke had a late third quarter lead before Leonard was knocked out of the game.

IF Van Dyke can come out and NOT give the game away, IF Miami's line is physical and the Canes can run the football and IF the boys on defense can make some plays, pressure Travis and get a turnover or two, this is a winnable game as all the pressure is on undefeated Florida State, their 15-game win-streak and their desire to reach the Playoffs, while Miami plays spoiler.

Seriously, if Van Dyke was pretty good these past three starts, instead of next-level awful and a full blown, 12-turnover liability (ten picks, two fumbles)—Miami is 9-0 or 8-1 right now and everyone expects The U to win this game.

Start Emory and take the leash off of Dawson, and we have a competitive game that we still lose.

Start TVD and keep Mario's nuts**k over Dawson's eyes, and we lose by 3 scores if we're lucky.

Clemson is the best defense FSU has faced to date, but we are 2nd best.

And fsu scored 17 points on them in regulation with no turnovers, meaning they didn't move the ball all over the field and shoot themselves in the foot. It wasn't a fluke. If Clemson doesn't pull their kicker off Wall Street 3 hours before the game, they win 20-17.

Advertisement
Back