The BEST RB on the team...

I absolutely love and appreciate Parrish, but I honestly believe that Allen and Johnson would be gone with the rushing lanes that Parrish has received. That being said, there are other factors that put Parrish on the field first, and I trust the progression in snap counts by the coaches going go forward. I don’t think there are any decisions worthy of regret, all things considered (and most of those things are seen in closed practices).
Allen and Johnson would be gone but no mention of Chaney? It sounds like you think Allen is faster than Chaney. The only back we have that might be faster than Don is CJ, & if he is it's not by much.

Advertisement
I’ve been preaching that CJJ should be getting a minimum 7-8 touches a game.

Great running backs don’t play 4 years of college, we’re wasting a year - feels like to Lamar Miller in 2009 (redshirted for Berry, James & Coop).

I’ve been preaching that CJJ should be getting a minimum 7-8 touches a game.

Great running backs don’t play 4 years of college, we’re wasting a year - feels like to Lamar Miller in 2009 (redshirted for Berry, James & Coop).
Not enough snaps to feed everyone,specially now with the running clock.

Advertisement
at the same time, I think its a bit of a detriment. The more one RB gets reps, the better he becomes. Vision, timing, confidence are all things that get developed, not only during the season but in each individual game. RBs like Portis, McGahee, Edge and Gore got better the more they carried the ball.
OJ Anderson as well....

I was very impressed with Chaney’s size/speed combination. I take everything against an FCS team with a grain of salt but his change of direction and ability to move the pile was impressive.

Advertisement
Nah....CJ is wayyy faster
Chaney ran like. 10.6 in the 100m which is elite for a running back his size at 200 pounds. But like you said cj Johnson is in the 10.2 range in the 100m which is crazy . He’s the fastest back for sure but Chaney the second fastest but imo he has the most upside out of all the backs and he’s starting to run more physical too which is nice to see

Allen and Johnson would be gone but no mention of Chaney? It sounds like you think Allen is faster than Chaney. The only back we have that might be faster than Don is CJ, & if he is it's not by much.
CJ is easily the fastest RB

Advertisement
IMG_2711.gif

Advertisement
I really don't get why we had Restrepo out there at PR all game.

Why on earth we aren't trying to get Chris Johnson, Washington, Ray Ray, or even Brashad Smith which should be obvious to get live reps back there asap I don't understand.
It's not even like Restrepo is back there making safe decisions. He fielded a punt inside the 5 against Bethune... Get some of these young athletic guys back there and get them live game experience now....

Chaney probably has the best Speed Score of all our RBs. But nah I don't think it's close in terms of pure speed between CJjr and the rest.

10.6 at 210 vs 10.2 at 180. Like I said, faster but not by much.

Big shout out to the medical team. 2 ACL repairs on the same knee in 2 years and Chaney's running like he's being shot out of a fvking cannon. An even bigger shout to The Don himself for sticking with it through the adversity. I see him as a step above the other backs at this point, not counting Citizen who I haven't seen in orange and green.

I think he'll get a bigger share of the carries as the year goes on. I can't be the only one seeing what already looks like an NFL back. We have plenty of analysts on payroll these days. We'll see.

Advertisement
Back