THE BEST AD for "THE U" (Please See ) A Must Read!!!

Legit best AD

Great list

Joe Castiglione, Oklahoma salary 450k

That being said, Kevin White is definitely more along the lines of what the BOT wants. Dude doesn't necessarily have to be a football guy, I'll settle for minimally competent. That bar is still miles above BJ

Advertisement
First thing first we have to start from the chain of command and that is the AD. The saying goes if you want to know what a true leader is then you have to trace back the steps in how that person began and left the organization. Look no further in.............

BARRY ALVAREZ (Logic to my reasoning)

1.) Future Hall of Fame in College Football- Just look what he build and left in (Wisc football). Amazing!

2.) Being in the game so long he will have many resources to other coaches in making great hires and people will love to work for him . Not saying these guys should be our HC but just look what he build under these men. Not only that most coaches tend to hire within, who they played against or had respectable relationships. It's a revolving circle and no other then BA would had connections in the game.
All came from his pedigree as assistants. Pretty Solid if you ask me-Some posters here on canesinsight even had one of his assistants as the next Head Coaching search in a recent post. He can help assist the BOT members, former players, alumni and fans in making the right choice for HC. He will know from his experience what it takes to lead a football program in the right direction.

3.) He has private sectors and boosters that I'm sure can help raise the level of our playing field at the University of Miami. They would follow his tenure just based off his relationship with him. He is known as one of the best organizers in getting fundraiser$. This is a plus in hiring. We have to look at all aspects.

4.) If this matters to some? He will culturally fit in the city -In 2001, Hispanic Business magazine named Barry Alvarez one of the "100 Most Influential Hispanics." (The city of Miami would love him I'm just saying) Just like some locals pushed for Coach Manny in getting this job but knowing **** well he is not qualified .-FACTS! Atleast BA is qualified and proven.-TRUTH!

5.) Alvarez is one of the thirteen inaugural members of the College Football Playoff selection committee. So our strength of scheduling will be set up for success in making playoff contentions. He will know exactly what it will takes without making us look silly and just scheduling power house teams against us that we are really not ready for. Just to sell a freaking ticket! He would actually care about our build.

6.) Have anyone payed attention to Wisconsin sports? Their basketball program is among the elite in the conference if not the whole entire country . Making the Tourney - MARCH MADNESS- 10 Trips in the last 10 seasons. Sweet 16th in 2016. Countless NBA players! A plus for coach L, Coach Meier and in their respectable programs.

I really don't see how any one would disagree ? This is the most critical and crucial time we are in. In our search we can not rush when it becomes available? From the top to the bottom. Athletic Director to Head Football Coach for the University of Miami or we will continue to be irrelevant in the history of sports. We can't keep saying the term " Got 5" for so long when other teams are making better progress. A past time of who we once were.

I hope you respect my reasoning in this time written piece. I care for this brand and i'm passionate about it. So everything I post I make sure I put some thought into it. On our last day on earth may we brothers get to see the dominance again and many NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS added to our count. One could only pray for. Here's to the future fellas.

Go Canes!
thank you donna shalalala

You have to pick realistic people if you want to have an adult discussion. Why in God’s name would he take this job?

Legit best AD

Great list

Joe Castiglione, Oklahoma salary 450k

That being said, Kevin White is definitely more along the lines of what the BOT wants. Dude doesn't necessarily have to be a football guy, I'll settle for minimally competent. That bar is still miles above BJ

Great article, thanks. Most interesting are those with a private school background, like Del Conte at TCU or Phillips at Northwestern.

I tried to look at which quality boxes Fake James checked. The answer is NONE.

Advertisement
Great article, thanks. Most interesting are those with a private school background, like Del Conte at TCU or Phillips at Northwestern.

I tried to look at which quality boxes Fake James checked. The answer is NONE.
ticket sales expertise doesn't count ? lol

The most important AD criteria, according to ADs

Culture building:
“Everything starts with your ability to develop a culture of integrity and accountability and how well you communicate, and then everything falls from there. If you have the right culture, you’ll be able to attract the right coaches. You can look at the kind of experiences the young men and women are having in your program and also the level of academic success they are having.”

Fake James: FAIL

Hiring and retaining coaches/staff: “It’s not just about being able to hire good coaches. It’s also really important about knowing when to fire those that are a bad fit.”

Fundraising: “You hire good people/personnel, you win football games and then it’s easier to raise money.”

Crisis management: “You’d better be flexible and not someone who gets stuck in their ways because it seems like every day arrows are coming at you.”

Fake James, 0-4

Advertisement
thank you donna shalalala

No Thanks and I really feel that hes anything to do with her . Especially now! Yes she stated that she is friends with him but he never confirmed that in all interviews. So whats ya point ? This man is proven and a legend!

Advertisement
Advertisement
You have to pick realistic people if you want to have an adult discussion. Why in God’s name would he take this job?

because anything can happen if there is a proper plan in place. You ever been at job for so many years and a new opportunity arises for you and your family better pay, better position, better location, better resources? So don't give me that!

The big question is if our BOT and President have a proper plan and representatives in place regardless of who it is?

Jeremy Foley.

Wow ! Unbelievable and you all think this particular topic I'm having discussions about is off base???

LMBO

I'm starting to think that it is really , really, really true about this sitgma College Football have on US as being fans. This is Unreal.

First thing first we have to start from the chain of command and that is the AD. The saying goes if you want to know what a true leader is then you have to trace back the steps in how that person began and left the organization. Look no further in.............

BARRY ALVAREZ (Logic to my reasoning)

1.) Future Hall of Fame in College Football- Just look what he build and left in (Wisc football). Amazing!

2.) Being in the game so long he will have many resources to other coaches in making great hires and people will love to work for him . Not saying these guys should be our HC but just look what he build under these men. Not only that most coaches tend to hire within, who they played against or had respectable relationships. It's a revolving circle and no other then BA would had connections in the game.
All came from his pedigree as assistants. Pretty Solid if you ask me-Some posters here on canesinsight even had one of his assistants as the next Head Coaching search in a recent post. He can help assist the BOT members, former players, alumni and fans in making the right choice for HC. He will know from his experience what it takes to lead a football program in the right direction.

3.) He has private sectors and boosters that I'm sure can help raise the level of our playing field at the University of Miami. They would follow his tenure just based off his relationship with him. He is known as one of the best organizers in getting fundraiser$. This is a plus in hiring. We have to look at all aspects.

4.) If this matters to some? He will culturally fit in the city -In 2001, Hispanic Business magazine named Barry Alvarez one of the "100 Most Influential Hispanics." (The city of Miami would love him I'm just saying) Just like some locals pushed for Coach Manny in getting this job but knowing **** well he is not qualified .-FACTS! Atleast BA is qualified and proven.-TRUTH!

5.) Alvarez is one of the thirteen inaugural members of the College Football Playoff selection committee. So our strength of scheduling will be set up for success in making playoff contentions. He will know exactly what it will takes without making us look silly and just scheduling power house teams against us that we are really not ready for. Just to sell a freaking ticket! He would actually care about our build.

6.) Have anyone payed attention to Wisconsin sports? Their basketball program is among the elite in the conference if not the whole entire country . Making the Tourney - MARCH MADNESS- 10 Trips in the last 10 seasons. Sweet 16th in 2016. Countless NBA players! A plus for coach L, Coach Meier and in their respectable programs.

I really don't see how any one would disagree ? This is the most critical and crucial time we are in. In our search we can not rush when it becomes available? From the top to the bottom. Athletic Director to Head Football Coach for the University of Miami or we will continue to be irrelevant in the history of sports. We can't keep saying the term " Got 5" for so long when other teams are making better progress. A past time of who we once were.

I hope you respect my reasoning in this time written piece. I care for this brand and i'm passionate about it. So everything I post I make sure I put some thought into it. On our last day on earth may we brothers get to see the dominance again and many NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS added to our count. One could only pray for. Here's to the future fellas.

Go Canes!

Too old. Off brand. Didn't make sense years ago as he'd have been Shalala's puppet—but also no ties here now that she's gone.

Don't disagree that Miami might need someone older and proven that would enjoy closing out their career at Miami, as any up-and-comer is going use UM as a stepping stone to a higher-profile job.

Miami is in a tough position when it comes to trying to find a right-fit guy—and as mad as some are about how James has handled football, he's doing well in other important aspects of the gig that aren't going to get him fired anytime soon.

He helped land Mark Richt, which was a good get for Miami as the program doesn't usually hire experienced head coaches; paying him $4M—where he did a solid job behind the scenes with the program—while also picking up Manny Diaz, which is WAY TOO SOON TO JUDGE at this point as he's seven games into year one with a program that's been in garbage shape for 15 years.

Advertisement
Back