The benefits of knowing where the bodies are buried

LuCane

Administrator
Administrator
An underrated aspect of a Cristobal and Radakovich pairing is they each have intimate knowledge of "where the bodies are buried" w/r/t to Bama, Clemson, etc.

Most realize NIL changes have and will continue to disrupt the previous methods of recruiting competition (bags). Regardless, with the possible rise of USC and Miami, we should expect creative pushback from the current powers.

So, it stands to reason our new AD and HC have at least some leverage to protect us.

Advertisement
An underrated aspect of a Cristobal and Radakovich pairing is they each have intimate knowledge of "where the bodies are buried" w/r/t to Bama, Clemson, etc.

Most realize NIL changes have and will continue to disrupt the previous methods of recruiting competition (bags). Regardless, with the possible rise of USC and Miami, we should expect creative pushback from the current powers.

So, it stands to reason our new AD and HC have at least some leverage to protect us.
Having been this guy on several occassions, it serves as a very powerful lever throughout all manners of the organization.

What must always be kept in mind however, is just because you know where bodies are buried doesn't mean you can't join them.

I reminded myself of that daily and thankfully never did get dropped down to the consolation bracket.

The fact these guys have intimate knowledge over years of sustained excellence from the current premier standard bearers gives confidence we will be going in right direction and not just throwing money in the wind.. Lawd I hope it works, first call is convincing Joe Brady come home..

Advertisement
Digging The Rock GIF by WWE

This is a really good and underappreciated angle of everything.

It’s a good thought, but unlikely. I’m not sure even Saban knows where the bodies are.
The bagmen likely keep that stuff amongst themselves and give coaches plausible deniability. Besides, if you could prove a coach (let alone an AD!) had knowledge, they’d be screwed.

This is a really good and underappreciated angle of everything.
On a number of front...

1) How does Miami counter what Bama and Clemson are doing?

2) How can Miami implement, with it's own touches, what Bama and Clemson are doing to the program's long-term benefit?

Need to squeeze the insider info for all its worth.

Advertisement
It’s a good thought, but unlikely. I’m not sure even Saban knows where the bodies are.
The bagmen likely keep that stuff amongst themselves and give coaches plausible deniability. Besides, if you could prove a coach (let alone an AD!) had knowledge, they’d be screwed.
A ton less plausible deniability than you'd think. I can confirm that. There are certain "details" to recruiting that are widely whispered. ****, I know specific numbers for some players who've signed elsewhere. And, I'm not an insider at all. These things are a natural part of how things have worked. It's good to have knowledge of dirt. Maybe it makes only a slight difference, but it's an added benefit some other coaches and ADs wouldn't have.

A ton less plausible deniability than you'd think. I can confirm that. There are certain "details" to recruiting that are widely whispered. ****, I know specific numbers for some players who've signed elsewhere. And, I'm not an insider at all. These things are a natural part of how things have worked. It's good to have knowledge of dirt. Maybe it makes only a slight difference, but it's an added benefit some other coaches and ADs wouldn't have.
I agree. It seems when the walls break down at school it turns out that HC were in the know( other than Bama which seems to have Satan level protection and the wall high and thick). HC are usually control freaks and those type want to know EVERYTHING.

I'm about 95% certain Evan Neal, a local prospect from my hometown was bought and paid for by Alabama. I live in a small town, word gets around. Parents were driving cars they could not afford, and mother was bragging around town about sponsor money well before NIL was put in place.

Advertisement

Are we now in a position to...mitigate that disadvantage?

For example, if Dalvin Cook were class of '22 or '23, would we land him?

Oh they already are, the 'twits" are already in an uproar accusing the U of bilking sick people so they can put the money back in football. Who are the biggest offenders ? the **** fans from the ESECPN.

My interpretation of OP’s point is that they more or less understand how things are done without being able to be directly connected. How to play the game while still sheltering the program.

I wonder how much more challenging it is to accomplish in Miami when you have both national and local media tripping over themselves to try and find ANYTHING negative on UM. $EC and schools like Clemson have that nice, cushy protection you only get from local media markets that would otherwise crumble without the uninterrupted operation of the football programs. They willingly look the other way. And the national people don’t bother because they already know the deal.

It’s been that way forever. SMU got hammered because they had the Dallas media (big city) to deal with. Aka climbers that had no problem destroying the hometown team (skip bayle$$…*** hed). USC anyone? And we all know about UM. All private, all located in or near major metro markets, which by and large connects them to the national media and more or less eliminates the potential for being “protected” by the local media.

You might see local media call for jobs or be critical after bad losses…but they will never do anything to kill the program. UM sadly doesn’t have that luxury.

Advertisement
On the subject, playing dirty in the old fashioned way probably not the best idea.

You could get away with camoflagued NIL endorsements safer, easier, and taxable. Which, in my opinion, how the bag game will be going forward.

if it becomes an issue, fight the NCAA tooth and nail......NCAA headed the way of the dinosaur.......even Emmert knows the end is near

Advertisement
Back