The Bank (7/6)

View as article
Next up is Jalen Brown...hoping for a commit to us but there appears to be some legit interest in LSU according to some predictions on On3 and 247.

Advertisement
The same. Him and M5canes bought me tickets to the Fsu game and we got crushed. We went out to the parking lot at half time and started drinking more beer.
Yea the game he took me to was Kirby Freeman's 1/14 game orbsome crap like that.

What an experience lol. I sometimes question why I like UM.

1st game I watch: UM v LSU bowl game 2004. We lose 40-3.

1st game I go to: Kirby Freeman trash performance vs NC St

My bday, last game of the OB: We get crushed a billion to zero versus Virginia.

So much disappointment throughout the years. I clearly like pain.

Yea the game he took me to was Kirby Freeman's 1/14 game orbsome crap like that.

Please stop going to games lol

Advertisement
@DMoney Is it fair to say that "Cristobal the recruiter at UM" > "Cristobal the recruiter at Oregon?" Oregon is a great program with much more success than we've had of late. Nationally, they are quite visible and seemingly on a lot of kids' lists. But given the amount of high end talent within 25-50 miles of this campus, in addition to the fact that Miami is a world class city and an easier sell than Eugene (and much more accessible by plane), is it fair to assume that Cristobal is a potentially deadlier recruiter here?

Oregon is an outstanding program, they've been much better than Miami the past 15 years

however, Miami's ceiling overall and nationally is higher

Mario is capitalizing on this....

I was at Kosi's comeback game vs FSU.

In fact, passed out drunk first half. Didnt watch a think.

I woke up at halftime. And it was beautiful after that.

So idk if its me lol

That was the last game I attended and the first FSU game that I attended (0/3 prior) that we actually won.

Man stay yo *** away then lol jk jk

Advertisement
Those tailgates in the blue lot were epic. Ricky always had the bar stocked. Good times!
Yes in deed. Was its me you and Dallas cane that had dinner in orlando out by Disney. You got the monster pork chops, or was that machete. Dallas was all messed up that night.

Yes in deed. Was its me you and Dallas cane that had dinner in orlando out by Disney. You got the monster pork chops, or was that machete. Dallas was all messed up that night.

I thought Machete lived out towards Hunter Creek.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was saying this in another thread, word I got from @TheCribMedia was that Antione Jackson's commitment set a tone for a lot of 2024 kids. That was a big deal.

I'm also extremely impressed with the national recruiting. These are highly ranked kids from all over the country.

I've always believed Mario could be a more deadly recruiter at Miami than he ever was at Oregon.
Coral Gables is a lot easier to sell than Eugene.

I've heard (from two separate people with inside knowledge) that Mario is an absolute savage. He will chew his staff out if they are not recruiting their *** off first fvckin' thing in the morning. They say he's difficult to work for. His grind is on another level. But hey 🤷🏻‍♂️...

They say the same things about Saban.

The more I'm around the program, and the more I hear inside scoops, the more I think we are about to build a dynasty. 🤞🏻

Last edited:
Recruiting is a momentum game. The commitment of Francis Mauigoa put the nation on notice that this is a new day at Miami. Recruits are taking note, as well. This is the post-Big 3 era, and elite kids want to play with other elite players. That energy is being felt at the Hecht. There is a lot of talent ready to jump on board.

- The priority right now is completing the best OL class in the nation. Several staffers believe Samson Okunlola (Brockton, MA) is the top overall prospect in the country. I agree with them. Miami sits in a strong position and will remain relentless. Olaus Alinen (Finland) is another OL target that Miami wants badly. He is feeling Miami’s momentum. Tommy Kinsler (Ocala) is ranked near the top of the board above several big names. He will likely be the next to pop. Monroe Freeling (Mt. Pleasant, SC) is another stud in the mix but I’d put him behind the others in terms of likelihood.

- Miami is sitting in very good position for three commitments this month. DE Jayden Wayne (Tacoma, WA) is announcing Saturday and I expect the Canes to be the pick. Safety Jayden Bonsu (Hillside, NJ) is announcing on July 20th and I like the Canes over Ohio State. LB Malik Bryant (Orlando) is announcing on July 23rd and the Canes are in pole position. @Maskoff407 has been all over that one.

- WR Andy Jean (Miami Northwestern) is another player I hear is trending to Miami. Notably, he has already used his official visits to Florida and Texas A&M. I would also slot in RB Chris Johnson, Jr. (Ft. Lauderdale Dillard).

- Miami is aware of its momentum and will continue to recruit guys hard even if they are currently trailing. RB Cedric Baxter (Orlando), DT Sydir Mitchell (Oradell, NJ) and CB Cormani McClain (Lakeland) fit into this category. Miami’s relentlessness will pay off in the end with a couple of these guys, especially if the team has success.

- Don’t sleep on DL David Hicks (Katy, TX), the #1 DL in the nation. A source pointed out to me that he’s visited three times in the past year and that those guys tend to commit. Miami will continue to pursue him extremely hard.

- I feel better about Bryant than the other major LB target, Raul “Popo” Aguirre (Fayetteville, GA). But Popo is trending in the right direction with the Canes. Part of the process is making the family comfortable with Coral Gables.

- I got better feedback today on S Joenel Aguero (Lynn, MA) than I did after his visit. Miami people are noticing his enthusiasm on social media. @1murhurricane has the pulse of that recruitment.

- Some very important people in Coral Gables love S Conrad Hussey (STA). Penn State did a good job identifying him early and that history will need to be overcome.

- The social media love doesn’t work for everyone, but some kids take notice of the fan base’s enthusiasm. More to the point, many athletes are being conscious of their brands and the monetization that comes with it. Okunlola and Jalen Brown are two extremely high-priority targets who fit the bill. Both would likely react well to social media campaigns showing the branding opportunities at Miami.

- The commitment of Antoine Jackson (Dillard ’24) could set off a chain of 2024 commitments. Keep an eye on CB Desmond Ricks, the #2 overall player in the country. He played on Miami Immortals with Jaden Rashada, Brown, Jean, Robby Washington and a Cane-friendly staff. He is also teammates at IMG with Mauigoa, Wayne and Riley Williams. Ricks is a major priority.

- As the great @Cribby has alluded to, Thomas Davis is being moved to LB. He played it briefly as a high school senior and did well, but moved back to DL after that unit fell apart. It is a good move. We need talent at LB and Brown can really run. Longer EDGE players like Nyjalik Kelly are taking his snaps anyway. Kelly is generating a ton of buzz in workouts- he is bigger than people think and is moving with outstanding bend and quickness.
Any word on Damon Wilson? I’ve not heard anything recently.

Advertisement
Back