The Bank (5/10)

Advertisement
Don’t understand the number obsession here on CIS year after year. It always workout. As you mentioned they forgot that this is an University and the real purpose is to graduate people including football players!!
IMG_6077.gif

I don't think Elias Rudolph was a take. These extremely skinny edge guys rarely pan out. Take Baron, drop Rudolph and get a CB.

I disagree that he wasn’t a take, but I also agree that the hit rate for those types have been extremely low for us in recent history. Here’s to hoping he can be patient while he packs on the weight needed to see the field because he looks 205 tops in that photo, and that’s being generous. He is another Jack type IMO, I can’t envision him being a full time hand in the dirt guy, but that’s okay. He doesn’t have to be. We brought him here to rush the passer, he doesn’t have to do that from a full time 3 point stance.

Advertisement
Crazy how some players get a ton of leeway and grace and others don't. I have seen some talk down on bissainthe but he was true soph last year and seemed like 2nd half of season light started to turn on.. seemed more confident in spring also..

A lb goin into his true junior year with good pt under belt I expect to see the dividends start to pay off right on time..
Also his 2nd year understanding the defense. New DC last year too. Hoping he takes that next step

PSA: Once again, if you quote the OP on a thread with an auto-playing video, the video will auto-play again when a reader scrolls to your post. That's annoying. I used to edit the threads to delete the video. Now I am just deleting those posts.

Advertisement
I disagree that he wasn’t a take, but I also agree that the hit rate for those types have been extremely low for us in recent history. Here’s to hoping he can be patient while he packs on the weight needed to see the field because he looks 205 tops in that photo, and that’s being generous. He is another Jack type IMO, I can’t envision him being a full time hand in the dirt guy, but that’s okay. He doesn’t have to be. We brought him here to rush the passer, he doesn’t have to do that from a full time 3 point stance.
He’s about 215 y’all have to understand body composition, the kid is close to 6’5 and very lean and has pretty thick legs (pause).

Advertisement
The lack of emphasis on at least 1 more CB in the portal is disappointing for me.
Appears like they're all in on flipping a portal CB(s) already committed to another school. Extraordinarily high risk approach, but as we've seen, Mario is very comfortable with high risk recruiting both in the portal and HS.

As such, we're not going to be getting many updates on progress because that would give the other school a chance to recover.

Appears like they're all in on flipping a portal CB(s) already committed to another school. Extraordinarily high risk approach, but as we've seen, Mario is very comfortable with high risk recruiting both in the portal and HS.

As such, we're not going to be getting many updates on progress because that would give the other school a chance to recover.
What portal cb are they trying to flip?

Advertisement
What portal cb are they trying to flip?
D$ most likely intentionally didn't say who they were trying to flip so it could continue to be done in stealth. However, my speculation/rationale is in this thread 👇🏽

D$ most likely intentionally didn't say who they were trying to flip so it could continue to be done in stealth. However, my speculation/rationale is in this thread 👇🏽

Appreciate it I just ain’t been up to date on it

Don’t understand the number obsession here on CIS year after year. It always workout. As you mentioned they forgot that this is an University and the real purpose is to graduate people including football players!!
It does tend to always work out...

The late Fall obsession with the numbers coincided with the perception that we were not active enough in portal 1... SO the Bro shield appeared with roster # concerns to fend off criticism of their lord... Mario then hit the portal like a pirate assaulting and pillaging and the numbers concerns went away...

Scholarships are tight only appeared again in the Bank... look for a shoe to drop somewhere...

Math can be funny at times...

Advertisement
Back