The Bank (5/10)

I’m going to guess summer
Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Players graduate.. no need to be at 85 until start of fall camp.
Yes I understand…I didn't say there was a need. I just meant IF we are done in portal (as Money state is likely)…Then one player has to leave if we land Baron.

Didn't say has to be right this instant.

That Campbell kid is a BEAST. Cancelling an OSU visit is nice as well that’s a fairly local team for KY
He looked exactly how you would expect an athletic jumbo person without much experience to look. He has little technique, but gets away with it because he’s big, strong and powerful. His effort looked great when he was pursuing downfield. He’s pretty quick also. He’s the kind of kid who needs to redshirt for a year and learn hand technique. By year 3 he would be incredible at the right school.

The Bank is back open. Here is the latest on Miami's recruiting efforts in the Portal and high school:

- The battle is still raging, but Miami feels good about their standing with transfer DE Tyler Baron.

- Baron would likely complete the Portal class for Miami. The Canes would still like to add another nickel, but nothing is imminent there.

- Even though scholarships are tight, Miami is ecstatic to spend one on DE Elias Rudolph (Cincinnati). He just qualified academically, which was looking shaky for a while. He's also healed from his senior year injury, put on weight and is running the 4X100. Congratulations to the kid, who is shaping up to a major addition to Miami's EDGE room.

View attachment 289271

- One name to add to the board: DB Tim Merritt (Birmingham, AL). He's a 6'2, 180-pound kid who runs track and also plays WR. He lines up as safety in high school but projects as a CB at the next level. Miami is still battling for his teammate, five-star CB and Ohio State commit Na'eem Offord.

- Another Alabama name to store away- WR Daylin Upshaw (Phenix City, AL). Upshaw is taking an official visit to Miami on June 7th.

- Some names picking up steam for Miami: LB Jadon Perlotte (Georgia commit), the Enterprise HS trio (DE Zion Grady, LB Eric Winters, DB Andrew Purcell) and DE Hayden Lowe (Los Angeles).

- Spring evaluations are in full swing, and expect to see names rising and falling on the board. OT Lamar Williams (Havana, FL) decommitted. Some names to watch on the OL board: Jaden Wilkerson (Orlando) Takalyn Meux (Neptune Beach), Isaac "Spike" Sowells (Louisville) and Max Buchanon (Seminole). Seuseu Alofaituli (Las Vegas) was Crystal Balled to Miami early in the process, lost some steam but has since picked up momentum. He visited for Miami's spring game and the Canes went out to Vegas to watch him practice. He is one of the most impressive players Miami has seen in person so far. Taren Hedrick (Community School of Naples) has picked up steam during the spring eval period.

- Miami is being patient at running back. Two names they will evaluate closely this spring: Shekai Mills-Knight (Chattanooga, TN via Quebec) and Jasper Parker (New Orleans). They would love to pair a bigger back with speedy commit Girard Pringle, who continues to impress.

- Miami will continue to evaluate athletic local LB Ty Jackson (Loxahatchee).

- Some names that keep rising internally: QB commit Luke Nickel, TE Luka Gilbert (almost 6'8, 250 and put on an incredible TE workout), EDGE Herbert Scroggins, CB Jaboree Antoine (LSU commit), CB Aidan Anding (Ruston, LA) and DL Derry Norris (Spruce Creek, FL).

- DE Javeon Campbell (Frankfort, KY) is ranked as a mid-four star, but he is an elite, five-star type talent in my book. He's 6'5, 265-pounds, is the all-time leading scorer for his high school hoops team and only started playing football last year (14.5 sacks). He just canceled his Ohio State visit and is now visiting Miami on May 30th weekend. This is a name to know for the Canes. He's also visiting Georgia, Alabama, Auburn and hometown Kentucky.

- With the Portal closed and some time to reflect, here are some names identified among the most improved players in spring: EDGE Malik Bryant, WR Isaiah Horton and LB Wesley Bissainthe (potential star breakout). A few young players identified as "Creatures" (i.e. impact physical talents) are LB Bobby Pruitt, ATH Elijah Lofton, CB Damari Brown (his last week of practice was outstanding) and DE Marquise Lightfoot.

Dude!! Y’all are killing it!’ Your team has made CIS the best place on the planet for Canes football content. Nobody does it better and it’s not even close! Well done $ and thank you for all you do! It is greatly appreciated!!

Go Canes!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Some of you may have a heart attack about this but Bryant, Blount, Lightfoot, McConathy, Rudolph should play instead of us adding a tourist like Baron. Already have 2 graduate DEs in Alston and Mesidor.

We started Coop, Francis and Bain along the line as true freshmen. So I'm not having a heart attack. I just don't think you depend on freshmen when planning a playoff run. If they're taking starting snaps away from talented upperclassmen, then you've got something special.

For the first time in two decades we don't just think, we know we have the talent to make a statement. Our expectations should be on the prize at this point. Not just getting to the ACCCG but winning it. Not just making the 12-team playoffs but making a real run. Every chess piece counts now.

Advertisement
Whoever gives us a better chance to beat Florida and FSU this year is the player I want.

It’s been twenty years in the desert. We’re getting old.
I’m with you… after these past two years of subpar on field results Mario needs to put a double digit win season with some flair on the table to show.

Let the young pups play when needed but if you have a definite starter like baron to play opposite Alston and Bain you gotta take him

Some of you may have a heart attack about this but Bryant, Blount, Lightfoot, McConathy, Rudolph should play instead of us adding a tourist like Baron. Already have 2 graduate DEs in Alston and Mesidor.
I would agree except with Mesidor’s injury history I think you have to get a proven guy at DE. If he goes down or out for the year at some point, I don’t think it’s ideal to have an unproven starter at DE.

Advertisement
Back