The Bank (4/3)

View as article
Not hard to figure out the situation.

Bain is currently injured and we’ve heard little about it.

Mesidor: coming off injury and see above

Kelly: see above

Portal. We brought is Alston… who is familiar with Guidry and anyone with any sense in their head would assume that he’ll play a ton.

So the Starting line up would most likely include: BAIN, JHH, and Alston. If Mesidor is healthy he likely starts.

I think Wayne transfers to UDUB after spring. There was noise about it last year when Bain was dominating.

Too many mouths to feed.
I've been watching Wayne leaving.. UDUB lost a lot and I know for a fact Fisch is tampering(who wouldn't)

Advertisement
yeah we found lost money with him ... shoutout to him for sticking to the process as he redshirted a year to get his body right ... still wonder how that defense would look with phillips on one side and rousseau on the other
sh*t wouldve been scary....**** the agents/mom that made rousseau sit out

Hit big on Jaelan and Greg, no doubt about it. Wasn’t knocking him for those two, but there’s still criticism and fairly deserved. By his 6th(!!) year in control of UMs defense he had Zach McCloud & DeAndre Johnson starting at DE… let’s keep it a buck, it was dreadful.
Deandre Johnson was a funneled transfer portal guy i think with him being from here and a previous commit it made us get him especiallyw ith cooney on staff as well being a coach of his if i can remember.

qUINCY rOCHE WAS ANOTHER GOOD PORTAL ADD AS WELL..mANNYW AS KILLING THE PORTAL WITH DE'S IMO

12188359.gif

That's as a JR and having to "pause" for competitive lifting. I am almost certain his bench is in the 475 - 495 range by now.

*For those who have never competitive lifted, when you "pause" you bring the weight down to your chest and pause for a second stoping all momentum and then lifting it. A regular bench press the person is "bouncing" the weight off of his chest allowing the momentum to carry the weight. If he was to "bounce" the weight off of his chest he could easily add another 30 mounds to his max putting him around 455 as a JR in high school.

This kid is next level strong and with has crazy athleticism, I fully expect him to be the best DT in this class. He played 4 sports in high school and pretty much dominated at all of them.

1. Two way starter in football, played TE while being one of the top DT's in the nation
2. On his way to becoming a two time weightlifting state champion, making him one of if not the strongest high school kid in Florida
3. Starter on high school basketball team
4. Placed 4th in the state at discuss his first year every attempting the sport (This is directly linked to power and explosiveness)

Just watch the tape, the kid is running corner routs at 285 lol unreal. Looks a lot like Jalen Carter.
Jones just benched 440 at districts. Saying “he could get more than that but it was a bad day” 👀

On his way back to State, looking like a NFL DT already. This kid is going to be a monster upfront. I can only imagine what he will be after dedicating himself to just being a defensive tackle.

IMG_0006.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's as a JR and having to "pause" for competitive lifting. I am almost certain his bench is in the 475 - 495 range by now.

*For those who have never competitive lifted, when you "pause" you bring the weight down to your chest and pause for a second stoping all momentum and then lifting it. A regular bench press the person is "bouncing" the weight off of his chest allowing the momentum to carry the weight. If he was to "bounce" the weight off of his chest he could easily add another 30 mounds to his max putting him around 455 as a JR in high school.

This kid is next level strong and with has crazy athleticism, I fully expect him to be the best DT in this class. He played 4 sports in high school and pretty much dominated at all of them.

1. Two way starter in football, played TE while being one of the top DT's in the nation
2. On his way to becoming a two time weightlifting state champion, making him one of if not the strongest high school kid in Florida
3. Starter on high school basketball team
4. Placed 4th in the state at discuss his first year every attempting the sport (This is directly linked to power and explosiveness)

Just watch the tape, the kid is running corner routs at 285 lol unreal. Looks a lot like Jalen Carter.
I mentioned before we signed him he’s my favorite recruit because he was taking TE screens, juking defenders with inside/out moves and breaking toward the sideline. It looked almost fake. And, hilarious.

Jones just benched 440 at districts. Saying “he could get more than that but it was a bad day” 👀

On his way back to State, looking like a NFL DT already. This kid is going to be a monster upfront. I can only imagine what he will be after dedicating himself to just being a defensive tackle.

View attachment 286296

Freak show. DT help is on the way. This guy has 1st round freaky athleticism and strength. 345 clean jerk is ridiculous!

Freak show. DT help is on the way. This guy has 1st round freaky athleticism and strength. 345 clean jerk is ridiculous!
and the ease at which he does it is just unreal. I'm sure his clean max is close to 380. To be that freakishly strong and to move the way he does at 6.3 305 is just mind blowing, those are top 5 NFL Draft pick measurable and he is a SR in high school.

If this staff can develop his technique, just add one or two moves to his tool box to go along with that strength and athleticism he will be one of the most dominate DT's in the nation as a sophomore.

Just imagine the 2025 defensive line rotation (if no-one portals out)

DE Akheem Mesidor 6-3 280 RSR
DE Rueben Bain 6-3 280 JR
DE Jayden Wayne 6-5 260 JR
DE Marquise Lightfoot 6-5 240 SO
DE Cole McConathy 6-5 250 SO

JACK Malik Bryant 6-3 250 RSO
JACK Booker Pickett Jr. 6-3 240 RFR

DT Ahmad Moten 6-3 325 RJR
DT Josh Horton 6-4 305 RSO
DT Artavius Jones 6-3 315 SO
DT Justin Scott 6-4 320 SO
DT Armondo Blount 6-3 310 SO

Talk about coming at teams in waves

Last edited:
Some guys on here were counting Bryant as in their transfer list as if he was already written off. Made no sense.

I love Guidry and am happy with Jackson so far but really don’t understand this lack of urgency on adding starters at both CB and S. Maybe we happened to land the two best DBs from Vandy ever but my brain tells me the fact they’re both starting is all I need to know about the quality of our DBs. Mike Williams was a starter transfer from a similar powerhouse program.

Not enough buzz about our DTs. Not surprised. When the young guys come in they’re going to be all the rage. But it will be because of the lack of talent we have with the existing guys as much as anything they’ll do.
At DT, I just hope that at least 2 of Justin Scott, Artavious Jones and Armando Blount are ready to come in and compete their tails off. Preferably all 3 are ready to go at it. Would be great and do wonders for depth. Actually just throw all three into the fire and see how they handle it. That has always been the best way for young players to learn and grow. Yes they may struggle for a time but by the end of year and sometimes well before they begin to develop.

Advertisement

View attachment 286296

So he's almost as strong as Elijah Lofton

Im str8 on him and the efforts.

Im on cloud 9 that my guy from Indiana is being prioritized. Brock Schott. First time i seen a clip i like the kids route runnign ability and can see he was a football player.

As far as the second te spot..i would prioritize

AND

You just went 2 for 2.

Advertisement
Back