The Bank 11/4 [not D$]

Sensible post.

Im no insider so I ask this sincerely.

Did Mario tell Dawson not to get Brashard any touches? Was Dawson told not to line Brashard up in the backfield anymore? Did Mario tell Dawson he needs to play 2 TEs on 80+% of plays neither of which can catch a football? Did Mario forbid Dawson from running personnel packages with a single back 2x2 wr look? Did Mario outlaw a jet sweep?

I could keep going. Maybe he did these things, I don’t know either way. I blame Dawson and TVD for 90+% of this ****.

The arguement that Mario should have pulled TVD- I can’t argue that. I’d bet his thought process is that we have FSU next week in FsU. They beat us by 50 last year. The place will be packed and loud. Is Emory ready for that? You pull TVD today you probably can’t start him next week. The offensive game plan against Clemson shows they are not confident in Emory yet.
If Mario wants Brashard to get touches, he is 80 Milli HC, HE ******* GETS ON HEADSET AND SAYS GET #0 TOUCHES!!!! WTF?! How is he this passive guy that lets what he wants NOT HAPPEN UNDER HIS WATCH?! He is the HEADHONCHO!! If he wants ANYTHING under this program it will be done

Advertisement
Agree with your last paragraph in terms of what I think (same as you) what Mario was thinking.

But after two drives, 3 max in the 2nd half - it just wasn’t happening with TVD.

Now Dawson, I have said he has been an issue (to your first paragraph). His go to play is always that tunnel screen pass to the wide receivers. He’s been doing that forever and Houston fans warned us about him (Not that Houston looks much better this year without Dawson).

It’s hard to tell how much Mario is meddling or not meddling.

But Dawson seems to be an issue but he would probably look a lot better of an OC if he didn’t have a broken QB ******* up everything with his decisions.

You can tell TVD is broken. Gun shy. Seeing 40 defenders out there instead of 11.

He’s legit done!

So, you have to pull him out.
Agree.

At the half I said you gotta keep TVD out there. Then I watched the first two drives in the second half and it was crystal clear that Dawson didn’t trust TVD. If you don’t trust your QB you need to make a change.

Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1

I swear that was me. OMFG, **** pit tears in my eyes. I can't believe I didn't see that one coming and I'm glad I didn't. ******* choked.

If Mario wants Brashard to get touches, he is 80 Milli HC, HE ******* GETS ON HEADSET AND SAYS GET #0 TOUCHES!!!! WTF?! How is he this passive guy that lets what he wants NOT HAPPEN UNDER HIS WATCH?! He is the HEADHONCHO!! If he wants ANYTHING under this program it will be done
It should have been in the game plan for sure. Mario has a day in that. If he starts mid game telling Dawson what to call he will never find another OC willing to work for him.

Last year was Gattis’ fault this year Dawson will take the blame. At some point the HC needs to be accountable
Mario is to blame for hiring both of them. The buck stops there. I still don’t think Mario is dictating these ****** play calls or the **** poor execution of these ****** play calls.

Advertisement
It should have been in the game plan for sure. Mario has a day in that. If he starts mid game telling Dawson what to call he will never find another OC willing to work for him.
You dont think a HC, can get on headset and say hey, its been a qtr and a half and we havent gotten #0 involved.. Im not telling you what to run but get him off the****ing sideline next to me atleast?!

Mario is to blame for hiring both of them. The buck stops there. I still don’t think Mario is dictating these ****** play calls or the **** poor execution of these ****** play calls.

So was he designing the plays and calling them early in the year? The look then compared to now isn't the same.

In either case, he can dictate change. He's doubling down on it though and it's getting worse.

You dont think a HC, can get on headset and say hey, its been a qtr and a half and we havent gotten #0 involved.. Im not telling you what to run but get him off the****ing sideline next to me atleast?!
He could. And 0 played some but the game plan was clearly to play 9 offensive lineman and smash the ball between the tackles. It was a crap game plan. And I think Mario and Dawson realize 9 is cooked and they are afraid to do much more than hand it off at this point.

Advertisement
He could. And 0 played some but the game plan was clearly to play 9 offensive lineman and smash the ball between the tackles. It was a crap game plan. And I think Mario and Dawson realize 9 is cooked and they are afraid to do much more than hand it off at this point.
You think that was a gameplan that Dawson came up with, air raid we going vertical? That seemed like a game from last year.. MArio had his finger all over it.. extra olineman, TE, run up middle, milk the clock, slow pace, even before halftime, no sense of urgency, tell sideline reporter we grinding, etc. ITS ALL THE SAME ****..

That’s really fair. Before we blame Mario for meddling, we need answers to these questions. Mario’s blame is for not benching TVD at the half and rolling with Emory. Emory has proven that he can put the offense in position to score.
Emory has proven what?!? You’re talking about the same qb who didn’t run a play in opposing territory until the 3rd quarter against Clemson, right?

You think that was a gameplan that Dawson came up with, air raid we going vertical? That seemed like a game from last year.. MArio had his finger all over it.. extra olineman, TE, run up middle, milk the clock, slow pace, even before halftime, no sense of urgency, tell sideline reporter we grinding, etc. ITS ALL THE SAME ****..
You may be right. For my sanity I have to hope you are wrong otherwise these next 5 years are going to be really painful.

And I would also remind everyone that 9 has 10 INTs in his last 3 games. If you are a play caller maybe you focus on the running game? The first half it was very obvious that the staff spent the week teaching PGA what a check down is. They had no faith in him coming into this game and PGA proved them right.

Emory has proven what?!? You’re talking about the same qb who didn’t run a play in opposing territory until the 3rd quarter against Clemson, right?
The dude led back to back scoring drives to tie the game and then back to back scoring drives in OT to win it against in his first career start against the best defense Miami will see this year.

Who else in that QB you have confidence in?

Advertisement
It’s been pretty much the game plan since we came out of the bye week, way before TVD was cooked

Advertisement
Yeah. I was so ****ed when Mario short armed that pass to a wide open George in the end zone. And then when he sat in the pocket for 20 seconds and fumbled when sacked deep in his own end of the field. Mario is one of the worst QBs I’ve seen in years.
Is it asking a lot for $8 million for him to have evaluated that TVD is not a QB of our hopes and dreams and so recruited (or put some of his millions to NIL) to get us someone like Drake Maye? (we would be 8-1 at least)

I'm not impressed with Mario thus far...but I can't blame him much here with this trash QB play.
you can blame his overpaid $8million *** that he evaluated TVD as a QB to win with and didn't recruit or NIL-portal someone lots better.

Advertisement
Back