The background: Without Alonzo there is another $1-2million for assistant coaches.

Liquidstoke

Banned
Banned
There can never be any doubt that Diaz, Blake and everyone at the U has crazy respect for Alonzo...

To say otherwise would be like saying they have no respect of Ray Lewis...

To remind you youngins'.... Alonzo is in THAT STRATOSPHERE....

But i am hearing it came down to a matter where the money would yield most immediate impact THIS YEAR...

And that's to spend every dollar getting the best assistant coaches.....

and who knows... maybe even some BAG MONEY$ to start competing for the prized horses in the portal and recruiting.

Advertisement
Hypothetically if Diaz upgraded from Enos, Baker, and Stubblefield to Lashlee, Reeves (UAB), and Carrier (Houston) that would be a tremendous improvement in the staff.

Advertisement
I’m going to get negged into oblivion but there are lots of people who don’t respect Ray Lewis. Dude’s shtick is corny and let’s not talk about that eventful night after the super bowl.

We'll never know. As a private school we cannot access salary information. I am no insider, but I understood that any salary for Alonzo was coming from a booster and was not part or the overall salary structure.

As a pure guess - we won't see any more money for coaching staff than what we had last year because I don't see the new hires costing more than what we had, but I don't know what we had for buyouts.

Last edited:
There can never be any doubt that Diaz, Blake and everyone at the U has crazy respect for Alonzo...

But i am hearing it came down to a matter where the money would yield most immediate impact THIS YEAR...

and who knows... maybe even some BAG MONEY$ to start competing for the prized horses in the portal and recruiting.

Yea we getting Houston WR coach with that additional money lmfao. CMD needs to ask his dad abt budgeting, he gave enos 1.5 million dollars smh. No other schools would have given him over a million

Advertisement
Wrong information spewed by OP

Diaz wants to prove he can do the job on his own

Blake is a pee on that didn't want to ruffle Diaz

Diaz got himself a much harder scrutinized year

You are so fundamentally wrong here it’s unbelievable. One they are only planning on one coach at the moment and some of that money was used for the buy out for enos. Second The extra money they were going to get for Allonzo was coming from a donor who is specifically put up the money to be able to afford Allonzo he did not make a big donation to increase the budget for the department that could be used in anyway they wanted. I swear to God I don’t know where some of you people think you’re getting your information from

You are so fundamentally wrong here it’s unbelievable. One they are only planning on one coach at the moment and some of that money was used for the buy out for enos. Second The extra money they were going to get for Allonzo was coming from a donor who is specifically put up the money to be able to afford Allonzo he did not make a big donation to increase the budget for the department that could be used in anyway they wanted. I swear to God I don’t know where some of you people think you’re getting your information from

I have no inside knowledge, so what is the Enos' buyout?

Last edited:

I did not realize that David Epstein posted on this board.

Advertisement
I’m going to get negged into oblivion but there are lots of people who don’t respect Ray Lewis. Dude’s shtick is corny and let’s not talk about that eventful night after the super bowl.
Why not talk about it! You just did, and if the glove didn't fit u must acquit. Ur opinion wasn't wanted.

shut it...all that means is he’s getting his buddies raises. Lashlee shouldn’t cost as much as enos did and the only thing I want to hear is they are saving money for manny’s buyout

Advertisement

Reality is those 1-2 Million Dollars will be spent on another Diaz Family hire.

I don’t believe that the donation for the first 2 years of Zo’s contract was made after Zo got the Manny veto.

Reality is those 1-2 Million Dollars will be spent on another Diaz Family hire.

Silly comment....

Diaz knows full well his *** is on the line in 2020....

He knows he needs to make a MAJOR turn-around in 2020.

Every coach has dreams a shot at the NFL... just like the players.

They come to Miami to try to build on their rep for the big leagues.

And because he’s a famous-father Miami homeboy— I fully believe he wants to win big at Miami much more than all the CIS haters understand.

Upgrading the coaches will only go so far. We need 20 analyst like the sec and a HC who lays down the law with these clowns. no social media during the season is a good place to start.

Advertisement
Back