The 3 Reasons we dominated F$U

Canesbro31

Sophomore
1. Obviously the d-line was absolutely dominant, only negative I have here is where is Garvin at? It’s time for hill to start over him or even Patchan at this point. With Rousseau 4 sacks speak for itself but nesta and ford inside also played an amazing game.

2.the saftey play was amazing. Bubba pre injury was playing a great game.Knowles and gurvan also played great I don’t think they had one deep completion on our secondary. Also want to give props to D.J Ivey who honestly looked like a number 1 corner out there yesterday he’s really coming on.

3. Offense was much improved but still some holes. DJ is a good back but not elite. The OLine looked much improved, as well as the receiving Corp especially Jeff thomas he really stepped up. But Brevin Jordan showed yesterday he’s the alpha of the offense although he should get the ball more he always does something positive when the ball is in his hands.

Advertisement
2.the saftey play was amazing. Bubba pre injury was playing a great game.Knowles and gurvan also played great I don’t think they had one deep completion on our secondary. Also want to give props to D.J Ivey who honestly looked like a number 1 corner out there yesterday he’s really coming on.
My man hornybook didn't have time to complete anything deep lol. Our secondary had the easiest game of its life yesterday lol. All that talking by DJ mathews ain't work out so well

1. Obviously the d-line was absolutely dominant, only negative I have here is where is Garvin at? It’s time for hill to start over him or even Patchan at this point.

With respect to Garvin he did have a sack and several QB pressures this game alone. If I'm not mistaken he was top 5 in qb pressures this year. He goes against the LT and gets doubled and chipped often.

He's having a huge affect on the game it just doesn't show in the stat sheet. You'll see his numbers improve as teams start to direct their attention towards Rousseau moreso than Garvin.

Last edited:
Advertisement
One of the biggest reasons is the improved play of the oline(well maybe minus Donaldson)

those guys really helped ice the game late on top of giving JW time to hit some guys open...

plus that pull block on the DJ run when EVERYONE in the stadium knew we were going to run was great!

they need more credit for really getting cohesive and limiting those terrible presnap penalties

Taggart is the main reason we dominated.

We lost to GT, nothing we can do short of somehow making the ACCCG and giving Clemson a fight would convince me we are on the right track. Or maybe beating someone who is actually good in the bowl game.

Advertisement
They had a Kaaya type QB with concrete shoes .... he was a sitting duck... i was surprised they didn't try Blackmon for a couple of series

a mobile QB would have been interesting..

They had a Kaaya type QB with concrete shoes .... he was a sitting duck... i was surprised they didn't try Blackmon for a couple of series

a mobile QB would have been interesting..
Been there done that. Same result.

99.9% sure Garvin has been playing hurt. I don't I've seen him running without a limp for the vast majority of the year.

Taggart is the main reason we dominated.

We lost to GT, nothing we can do short of somehow making the ACCCG and giving Clemson a fight would convince me we are on the right track. Or maybe beating someone who is actually good in the bowl game.

This. Along with winning the bowlgame and landing a top 5 class

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back