The 2023 Squad will be the most enjoyable........

FrancisSawyer

All American
Premium
that we have had in many years. I [BGCOLOR=initial]genuinely cannot wait for the season to begin. I think that this team is going to be a real pleasure to watch for various reasons.[/BGCOLOR]

For one, we have schemes that fit our personnel on both sides of the ball. Then it truly seems as if the systematic, cultural and locker room rot has been completely eradicated from the program. Sure there are other factors that will take longer to root out but I'm not discussing those here. Finally this rooster has been significantly upgraded with 42 new players IIRC. We are nowhere near finished upgrading the rooster but there will be an obvious difference between this years team and last years.

We are not a playoff team but I expect a team that plays hard and gives maximum effort. Given our youth and all the new faces I suspect we will be a better and more finely tuned squad in the second half of the season. Still I think it's going to be a real pleasure to watch this team grow and get progressively better. Its tough to predict a W/L record but I'll say 8-4/9-3 with the outside shot of going 10-2. Then again who can possibly know what is going to happen in terms of injuries and other random variables. No matter the specifics, I expect that the 2023 Miami Hurricanes will be the most entertaining squad that we have had in a long time. Go Canes!

Last edited:
Advertisement
IMG_5747.jpeg

I hope you’re right, wins aside last year was a brutal watch compiled with us losing badly.
There's absolutely no question about how incredibly brutal it was to watch the 2022 squad. That team was my least favorite Miami team since I began watching UM football back in 81. Last years team was the perfect storm of negative variables converging on one unfortunate team and fan base. It was barf inducing combo platter of an overrated yet mediocre and entitled rooster colliding with well documented coaching incompetence mixed with the last remnants of a systematically rotten culture from the administration to the locker room.

My question to you is why you would expect for this years team to resemble last years considering everything I pointed out in the OP? That's an honest genuine question and I'm not attacking you. I just want to hear your concerns.

Remember, I never said that this squad was going to be perfect or anything close to that and trust me I have my concerns. What I wanted to get across was that I believe this team with whatever flaws it is bound to have will be a very fun team to watch based on my points above.

Advertisement
It’s a shame that we literally threw last season in the garbage can but I’m much more excited about this year. I prefer the hiring of coaches who have done more with less than last year’s group of guys who only had success with teams full of all Americans.

There's absolutely no question about how incredibly brutal it was to watch the 2022 squad. That team was my least favorite Miami team since I began watching UM football back in 81. Last years team was the perfect storm of negative variables converging on one unfortunate team and fan base. It was barf inducing combo platter of an overrated yet mediocre and entitled rooster colliding with well documented coaching incompetence mixed with the last remnants of a systematically rotten culture from the administration to the locker room.

My question to you is why you would expect for this years team to resemble last years considering everything I pointed out in the OP? That's an honest genuine question and I'm not attacking you. I just want to hear your concerns.

Remember, I never said that this squad was going to be perfect or anything close to that and trust me I have my concerns. What I wanted to get across was that I believe this team with whatever flaws it is bound to have will be a very fun team to watch based on my points above.
What makes u think i think this team will resemble last years team? I think we will be much better i was just saying wins/losses aside it was a brutal watch, i too expect this year to be much more fun to watch and more winning.

What makes u think i think this team will resemble last years team? I think we will be much better i was just saying wins/losses aside it was a brutal watch, i too expect this year to be much more fun to watch and more winning.
Fair enough. You got me there.

I don’t think there’s any doubt the roster has been upgraded this year and rid of the bad seed. The big difference I also see is the coordinators. Dawson’s offense seems much easier to learn and execute and the players seem excited to play in it. Guidry’s defense seems to be better suited to our players and the players also seem excited to play in it.

Having the players buy in completely to the systems on both sides of the ball should make a big difference in and of itself. I can’t wait to see what it looks like.

Advertisement
I don’t think there’s any doubt the roster has been upgraded this year and rid of the bad seed. The big difference I also see is the coordinators. Dawson’s offense seems much easier to learn and execute and the players seem excited to play in it. Guidry’s defense seems to be better suited to our players and the players also seem excited to play in it.

Having the players buy in completely to the systems on both sides of the ball should make a big difference in and of itself. I can’t wait to see what it looks like.
The new coordinators are a huge part of it. Like with most new staff hires there were some questions about both Dawson and Guidry but it seems at least from our limited perspective that both hires have passed every test thus far with flying colors. Obviously the real test is when we go live starting Sept 1st but so far the players have had nothing but praise for the new coordinators.

Seemed to my untrained eye that the defense last year did the exact same thing every game, regardless of opponent/scheme. Super reactive. Zero creativity. It was boring. Boring and good is fine, boring and below average is hard to watch. Since the words being used to describe Guidry's philosophy are aggressive and downhill, there should be more opportunities for the defense to change the trajectory of games.

With improved OL play and better depth at RB, Miami should be able to do more (explosive) things on offense.

Advertisement
Back