The 2023 Canes

ghost2

Retired staff
Premium
Half a season in, and I believe this is going to be a frustrating team for us to watch. I think what we've seen so far is what we are:

- flashes of offensive and defensive brilliance, led primarily by our young players

- inexplicable struggles with and losses to inferior opponents

- chronic mismanagement of gameday decisions, be it time outs, crucial decisions at ends of games, etc

- an abundance of penalties, real or imagined

- a physical, unified team culture that allows us to be in every game we play going forward

All of these are symptoms of a team and program that is improving, but going to give us ulcers along the way.

I said 7-5 before the season and I stick by that, but guessing which wins and losses we finish with is gonna be an exercise in hair-tearing futility. I think we beat UVA and BC, but we could just as easily drop one of those and beat FSU. Health and coaching will decide.

All that said, I like where we're headed and if we can squeeze an 8th win somewhere and solidify recruiting, we'll be a dangerous team that can hang with anyone in the not too distant future.

Advertisement
- a physical, unified team culture that allows us to be in every game we play going forward
you buried the best point ... culture change is the key ... if guys stick around, we're gonna be a tough out going forward

Just win. After losing to GT the way we did, just win the game man. We’re not at the point where it’s about how you win.

Advertisement
Back