The 2&10 draw play to Yearby with 55 sec left in the fourth.

clock management was fine. if you score, you're only up 3 pts. you have all 3 timeouts and a frosh at QB in a game of this magnitude with that QB for FSU? you want to score with as close to 0:00 time left as you possibly can.

be quick, but not in a hurry. we were fine. plays were there to be made and plenty of time on the clock.

big learning experience. take what you can from it, and move on.

also, good breakdown on this play. SO close.

Advertisement
The bigger problem was the clock management on that drive. We wasted a ton of time getting plays in. Then when Yearby was tackled it put us in a really bad spot.
blather blather blather blather

That's why it's always best for 3rd down screens to fail, no matter who you are playing.

ho li ***

Another gem by Awsi Dooger. Just read this sentence and think about what he is saying.

Awsi Dooger apparently hates the forward pass in general. He wants to go back to the days of yonder and run the triple option from the wishbone. Just ask and he will tell you that it wasn't Jimmy Johnson's 4-3 scheme that stopped Nebraska, Oklahoma, etc... option game it was merely the fact that Miami had better athletes. Awsi will also tell you how South Florida football players aren't tough and only play finesse football. Oh, and the only reason why Miami won national championships was because of the Orange Bowl.

And today we learn that all third down screen passes should fail. Amazing stuff.

People get fooled into thinking Awsi Dooger is an expert because he writes such lengthy posts. But when you actually read what he says, it is sad and hilarious.

It was (potentially) the call of the game. Perfect if Duke was in. Duke gets through the line much faster. Could've been ballgame.

Also, did you check out the PLAY after??? I could make a thread on this but Kaaya was going DEEP to coley on a deep post, I beliee COley had a step on the safety, he was 1on 1 with him, but Ramsey came on a blitz and tipped it. Yearby was also wide open on a nice move he made on the LB no one around him.

the play after it was dumb on so many levels imo and shows areas Coley still needs to improve on. On 3rd and 9, down 4, on our their 44 w/ 46 sec left we ran a PA pass. Who was it supposed to fool??? What was the purpose of the PA fake?

Even worse was the post by Stacy. Ramsey blitz off the slot, but instead of it being a hot read route we ran a deep post on a Cover2 high safety and we had (herb I believe) running a crossing route. Both plays took entirely to long to develope, where if you just have Stacy break off his route when Ramsey blitzes it's a easy pass and catch for a 1st down. And before anyone starts blaming Stacy saying he ran the wrong route he didn't. You know how I know? Because on the previous drive on a 3 rd and long FSU ran the same Ramsey blitz off the slot (it was Phillip on that play) and instead of having PD just break the route off he ran a deep corner iirc and Ramsey was able to get in and tip the pass as Kaaya was stepping up into the pocket to try and throw the ball. It ended up as a high floater in the middle of the field and we were lucky it wasn't picked off. Why, why, why would we not anticipate FSu doing that when they've blitz Ramsey off the slot all season and they just did it to end our previous drive making us kick a long FG. It's not like we don't have hot routes in our playbook or haven't used them in games before. They didn't even try and disguise it or have anyone drop into the zone Ramsey was leaving open at all smh.

If you were in the gameday thread...i stated..'in the third quarter.." when are we going to go to the area in which they keep blitzing Ramsey". I mean their sending this guy as an extra and we are running long developing plays which was confusing and frustrating to me....

then i thought about it...they Made Jeremy Cash look like ed reed against Duke when he did the same exact thing and we had no answer.

I mean just one time he "tried"
with the rb slip with Yearby but he knocked it down...but from in the third i wanted to see screens to the rb ...or dear i say Bubble screens to that side of Ramsey. I mean one broken tackle and your off to the races.

You know what I see? Them making plays at the end of the game and us not. The fsu dl made a nice tackle on the draw. On their draw to cook we miss the tackle. On the long ball to Coley they hit Kaaya's arm, they stepped up and made plays. We're trying to beat the champs, you can't just hope they ***** up. Someone has to step up, make a play and seize the game.

You do know that the bolded is our defensive philosophy right...one of our pillars.

It killed me watching crab legs throw skinny pot after skinny post after skinny post...we lost to the heisman from last yr...ANd......he didnt make one throw that i thought was special...it was just wierd...dude through timing routes and came back and won the game...simple sh*t..just took what they gave us in the gaping middle hole of our zones.

Advertisement
It was (potentially) the call of the game. Perfect if Duke was in. Duke gets through the line much faster. Could've been ballgame.

Also, did you check out the PLAY after??? I could make a thread on this but Kaaya was going DEEP to coley on a deep post, I beliee COley had a step on the safety, he was 1on 1 with him, but Ramsey came on a blitz and tipped it. Yearby was also wide open on a nice move he made on the LB no one around him.

the play after it was dumb on so many levels imo and shows areas Coley still needs to improve on. On 3rd and 9, down 4, on our their 44 w/ 46 sec left we ran a PA pass. Who was it supposed to fool??? What was the purpose of the PA fake?

Even worse was the post by Stacy. Ramsey blitz off the slot, but instead of it being a hot read route we ran a deep post on a Cover2 high safety and we had (herb I believe) running a crossing route. Both plays took entirely to long to develope, where if you just have Stacy break off his route when Ramsey blitzes it's a easy pass and catch for a 1st down. And before anyone starts blaming Stacy saying he ran the wrong route he didn't. You know how I know? Because on the previous drive on a 3 rd and long FSU ran the same Ramsey blitz off the slot (it was Phillip on that play) and instead of having PD just break the route off he ran a deep corner iirc and Ramsey was able to get in and tip the pass as Kaaya was stepping up into the pocket to try and throw the ball. It ended up as a high floater in the middle of the field and we were lucky it wasn't picked off. Why, why, why would we not anticipate FSu doing that when they've blitz Ramsey off the slot all season and they just did it to end our previous drive making us kick a long FG. It's not like we don't have hot routes in our playbook or haven't used them in games before. They didn't even try and disguise it or have anyone drop into the zone Ramsey was leaving open at all smh.

If you were in the gameday thread...i stated..'in the third quarter.." when are we going to go to the area in which they keep blitzing Ramsey". I mean their sending this guy as an extra and we are running long developing plays which was confusing and frustrating to me....

then i thought about it...they Made Jeremy Cash look like ed reed against Duke when he did the same exact thing and we had no answer.

with the rb slip with Yearby but he knocked it down...but from in the third i wanted to see screens to the rb ...or dear i say Bubble screens to that side of Ramsey. I mean one broken tackle and your off to the races.

Wrong! You fail! You don't know anything about dead pigs.

Wait till Awsi Booger reads this!!!

He's gonna tell you about the time he told someone sitting next to him something about those other things that the team did when they were (or weren't) supposed to it.

"That's why it's always best for 3rd down screens to fail, no matter who you are playing."

Gary Awsi Booger 11/18/2014

Nah I wasn't in the game thread, but that crap was embarrassing that we wouldn't take advantage of the open area FSU was giving us on that blitz over and over again. I wish I had a field view to show what I saw at game but ***** it this will have to do. Just look at this crap

fsu2.jpg

instead we thought it was better to have Kaaya wait for these types of deep *** routes to open up

fsu1.jpg

freaking easy money and we refused to take it smh

Nah I wasn't in the game thread, but that crap was embarrassing that we wouldn't take advantage of the open area FSU was giving us on that blitz over and over again. I wish I had a field view to show what I saw at game but ***** it this will have to do. Just look at this crap

View attachment 27379

instead we thought it was better to have Kaaya wait for these types of deep *** routes to open up

View attachment 27378

freaking easy money and we refused to take it smh

sighs...omg no one was in the middle fo the field.

this **** is depressing man........

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back