The 2&10 draw play to Yearby with 55 sec left in the fourth.

NewJerseyCaneFan

Thunderdome
I thought it was a great call, especially since we had 3 timeouts. Unfortunately, #73 could not block hiss man, and Yearby was tackled by his legs. I think Yearby has to get stronger and break that tackle. Also, if you take a look at this pic, I think this has potential for a really big gain, the blocking was set up perfectly.

25q57js.jpg

Advertisement
It was (potentially) the call of the game. Perfect if Duke was in. Duke gets through the line much faster. Could've been ballgame.

It was (potentially) the call of the game. Perfect if Duke was in. Duke gets through the line much faster. Could've been ballgame.

Also, did you check out the PLAY after??? I could make a thread on this but Kaaya was going DEEP to coley on a deep post, I beliee COley had a step on the safety, he was 1on 1 with him, but Ramsey came on a blitz and tipped it. Yearby was also wide open on a nice move he made on the LB no one around him.

I also really liked the call. it was going for big yardage, but the fsu guy made a great play. Meanwhile they run the same play a few minutes earlier with cook and it goes for 6.

Advertisement
It just wasn't quite meant to be. It was almost like a trick play in that situation and I loved the call. Yearby just isn't quite ready for this stage mentally or physically. If the Duke didn't get cramps, I think we win. This sucks so bad. Even with all the miscues like the Dobard fumble, Berrios drop, Kirby drop, batted ball td, missed kicks, we had a really good chance to win. 2nd down was a good call and third down Coley may have had a td...It hurts man.

When you wiff on so many OL targets over the years you are forced to play true frosh in situations that you would rather have them redshirted.

That is what happened here. Al Gorlden is not the recruiter/roster guru that most here would have you believe.

Butch Davis cuz.

Advertisement
It just wasn't quite meant to be. It was almost like a trick play in that situation and I loved the call. Yearby just isn't quite ready for this stage mentally or physically. If the Duke didn't get cramps, I think we win. This sucks so bad. Even with all the miscues like the Dobard fumble, Berrios drop, Kirby drop, batted ball td, missed kicks, we had a really good chance to win. 2nd down was a good call and third down Coley may have had a td...It hurts man.

man, this **** kills me. coley had 2 steps and was full speed on a post and kaaya read it perfect and launched it...this **** is making me depressed thinkinga about it man.....sighs.

if its not ur main runner, do not run that in that situation...wasted ******* play

Really liked that call, too. Probably would have made the same or a similar call (like a chip and release to the flats) if I were in that situation with the timeouts. Like the call less with Yearby than with Duke, obviously, but when I saw Feliciano free release, I thought Yearby was going for 15+.

Advertisement
All this Yearby talk all year, and he didn't deliver when we needed him to. You can't say it's because he's a freshman because his high school teammate ******* delivered. Was so ****ed after that play.

I think he needs to gain some weight or something. A RB can't get tackled this easily. Perhaps use RB passes to him, Thurman Thomas style.

Last edited:
I just get a bit annoyed when people try to compare Yearby to Duke as a freshman. It's not close. Yearby not in the same ballpark.

Advertisement
True Frosh QB handing off to a True Frosh RB who needs to depend on a True Frosh OL ,,,,,,,,,,,,crap

Also, did you check out the PLAY after??? I could make a thread on this but Kaaya was going DEEP to coley on a deep post, I beliee COley had a step on the safety, he was 1on 1 with him, but Ramsey came on a blitz and tipped it. Yearby was also wide open on a nice move he made on the LB no one around him.

the play after it was dumb on so many levels imo and shows areas Coley still needs to improve on. On 3rd and 9, down 4, on our their 44 w/ 46 sec left we ran a PA pass. Who was it supposed to fool??? What was the purpose of the PA fake?

Even worse was the post by Stacy. Ramsey blitz off the slot, but instead of it being a hot read route we ran a deep post on a Cover2 high safety and we had (herb I believe) running a crossing route. Both plays took entirely to long to develope, where if you just have Stacy break off his route when Ramsey blitzes it's a easy pass and catch for a 1st down. And before anyone starts blaming Stacy saying he ran the wrong route he didn't. You know how I know? Because on the previous drive on a 3 rd and long FSU ran the same Ramsey blitz off the slot (it was Phillip on that play) and instead of having PD just break the route off he ran a deep corner iirc and Ramsey was able to get in and tip the pass as Kaaya was stepping up into the pocket to try and throw the ball. It ended up as a high floater in the middle of the field and we were lucky it wasn't picked off. Why, why, why would we not anticipate FSu doing that when they've blitz Ramsey off the slot all season and they just did it to end our previous drive making us kick a long FG. It's not like we don't have hot routes in our playbook or haven't used them in games before. They didn't even try and disguise it or have anyone drop into the zone Ramsey was leaving open at all smh.

man, this **** kills me. coley had 2 steps and was full speed on a post and kaaya read it perfect and launched it...this **** is making me depressed thinkinga about it man.....sighs.

I feel you man. I keep seeing that safety standing there flat footed and Kaaya ready to drop it right over the top to Coley. **** I need some sleep!

Advertisement
Back