The 150 greatest teams in college football's 150-year history,..... LMAO

Advertisement
Stopped reading after they had the 01 Canes at 7. Almost didn’t read by past 1.

Mack Browns Texas team was trash in the pantheon of great teams and needed Miracle wins to even finish undefeated. They were a blown call away from not being national champs. Vince Young isn’t even the best scrambling QB of his era.

I could go in depth on the others but that one was terrible.

Are the gators on that list anywhere? I scrolled down far enough to pass five UM teams and two from FSU but didn’t see any UiF. If we aren’t happy with that list, I wonder how they feel.

Mack Browns Texas team was trash in the pantheon of great teams and needed Miracle wins to even finish undefeated. They were a blown call away from not being national champs. Vince Young isn’t even the best scrambling QB of his era.

What was the blown call in the USC-Texas game?

Advertisement
Anyway, why the **** do they rank 150 teams? Ranking the top 10 teams of all time is one thing, but the top 150?

Congratulations to the surviving members of the 1944 Ohio State Buckeyes team on their honor of being the 150th greatest team of all time.

I can just imagine the men, who are now 95ish, gathering in a room, drinking champagne, and shouting “We’re #150! We’re #150!” What a tremendous honor.

Advertisement

I stopped reading when neither 01 Canes or 95 Nebraska were 1 or 2.

The 2001 team should be higher, but to be honest the 1983 Miami team at #53 is a joke. They lost to Florida by 25 points and barely beat freaking ECU. They probably shouldn’t be in the top 150 at all.

No question 2001 was the greatest team of all time, and you know who agrees . . . Herbstreit. Listen to his commentary on espn about the list. When asked he put the 2001 canes at the top. The guy tells it like it is, whether good or bad for us. But he so badly wants Miami relevant again.

Advertisement
Congratulations to the surviving members of the 1944 Ohio State Buckeyes team on their honor of being the 150th greatest team of all time.

I can just imagine the men, who are now 95ish, gathering in a room, drinking champagne, and shouting “We’re #150! We’re #150!” What a tremendous honor.
While knowing everybody else their age was fighting overseas.

2004 USCw is overrated. They had close games against all 3 of the other California teams. People consider them to be so great because the only thing they remember about them is the OU game.

2018 Clemson? It seems that they put them in the top 5 just because they were last year. They probably aren’t even top 30 all time.

2005 Texas is maybe top 10, but not top 5.

1972 USCw, 1995 Nebraska and 2001 Miami are the pretty clear top 3 to me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back