That Wildcat Formation

nope44

Junior
Expect to see it again this weekend as a shot downfield out do it if Stephen does play.

Advertisement
If Morris was healthy I wouldnt be surprised to see him run a deep route out of that formation. Who knows how they use it, but they didnt break it out last week without intending to use it this weekend.

Anybody remember the wildcat formation they use with Travis Benjamin last year that was like a sweep play when he got the ball and just took off in the direction of the blockers. Would be a great play to run with either Dorsett, Davon, or Duke.

Enough with Fisch and the gimmicks.

I want to see him generally outscheme Stoops without resorting to getting cute.

Advertisement
Funny how when other teams try this stuff it is "resourceful" and "crazy like a fox" and "creative". When we try it is "getting cute".

The wildcat can GTFO.

How about limiting the cuteness and running the got dam ball?

If Duke was healthy, I wouldn't mind seeing the Wildcat with him, but not so much Mike James. I love Mike, he just can't break the big one.

We need to Maurice Hagens to get the most snaps he's had all year in this game.

Advertisement
Funny how when other teams try this stuff it is "resourceful" and "crazy like a fox" and "creative". When we try it is "getting cute".

Nah. Not Really. You are imagining the entire scenario you posted.

Must be you that is "crazy like a fox" in your fantasy world.

Last edited:
Anybody remember the wildcat formation they use with Travis Benjamin last year that was like a sweep play when he got the ball and just took off in the direction of the blockers. Would be a great play to run with either Dorsett, Davon, or Duke.

duke isn't fast enough

I suspect Fisch and Golden wouldn't be so inclined to "get cute" as much if their players were physically where they want them to be. Right now they aren't.

Until we can overpower teams on a drive to drive basis... expect the trickeration and deceit. I don't mind as long as Fisch gets for real inside the f'in 5 yard line.

Advertisement

Yeah...and if he can't do that...fire em

Yes actually.

If he can't do it game in and game out and if we end up with the 118th ranked offense in the country while continually being *** raped by mediocre defenses then absolutely fire him.

Only guys who are content with mediocrity wouldn't.

Yes actually.

If he can't do it game in and game out and if we end up with the 118th ranked offense in the country while continually being *** raped by mediocre defenses then absolutely fire him.

"Content with mediocrity"...Is this like the new battle cry for trolls? lol

It's not about being content with mediocrity, it's about recognizing the reality of our situation (These ain't the 1987 Canes and won't be in any game this year) and lowering expectations as we gradually make the climb back. It's going to take time and it's as simple as that. You can either accept the reality of the situation, or be mad that we ain't on a 30 game winning streak. If you wanna be mad that we ain't dominating people and that we look bad often, then be my guest.

You must be No D' Ofrio's cousing or uncle from Jersey that's why you defend this clown so vehemently.

The "reality" of the situation is that No D Ofrio is woefully underachieving and hiding behind a talent and youth excuse even though neither is poor enough to excuse the 118th worst defense in college football and getting repeatedly blasted by medicore offenses.

Last edited:
Firing assistants and constant coaching turnover always works. We should be changing coordinators every year until we find something that works.

Advertisement
I never want to see the play they ran out of the wildcat last week where Morris went in motion and took the pitch and then threw a 2 yard pass at the WR's feet. I mean, even if he completes that it's a 2 yard game.

Use your brain, you really think we are 118th? We would actually have to be playing the worst teams in the country giving up the same points to really be rated that low. Don't believe these stupid polls, they are all BS!

Yes actually.

"Content with mediocrity"...Is this like the new battle cry for trolls? lol

It's not about being content with mediocrity, it's about recognizing the reality of our situation (These ain't the 1987 Canes and won't be in any game this year) and lowering expectations as we gradually make the climb back. It's going to take time and it's as simple as that. You can either accept the reality of the situation, or be mad that we ain't on a 30 game winning streak. If you wanna be mad that we ain't dominating people and that we look bad often, then be my guest.

You must be No D' Ofrio's cousing or uncle from Jersey that's why you defend this clown so vehemently.

The "reality" of the situation is that No D Ofrio is woefully underachieving and hiding behind a talent and youth excuse even though neither is poor enough to excuse the 118th worst defense in college football and getting repeatedly blasted by medicore offenses.

Advertisement
Back