That was quick...

mbuendia

Freshman
It took 5 games and 1 loss for the majority of the posters here to turn on Richt.

3 things work against this team...

1. OL is below average
2. Kaaya is ok but lack of mobility plus below average OL is a recipe for disaster against good teams.
3.Richts playcalling leaves a lot to be desired thus far.

Advertisement
#3 is a direct result of #2 . If you cannot run or pass block it is hard to call many plays other then up the middle or of tackle runs, and quick strike passes. Just wish they would at least mix it up. If Kaaya cannot learn to roll out of the pocket and throw though it will be a long season.

Oh, and if you are a recruit, the ceiling is high, come on down. If you are OL, or DB, **** son, you could play immediately!

Last edited:
It starts at the OL open letter to top OL recruits come to Miami and you will start right off the bat.

Advertisement
It took 5 games and 1 loss for the majority of the posters here to turn on Richt.

1. OL is below average
2. Kaaya is ok but lack of mobility plus below average OL is a recipe for disaster against good teams.

Everything you say here is true.
1. Everybody here and their Grandma knew we hadn't recruited ***** on the OL. Knew it would be a Achilles heal. The staff has done a great job with what they have.

2. We all knew Kaaya was not a SoFl athlete! He needs a clean pocket and that has nothing to do with play calling, moreso his lack of athleticism.

3. Richt has to accept the fact that he has to adapt to SoFl athletes and have a more dynamic offence. He's been praised up to this point, now the heat is on. That bland I formation only works with a dominant OL and until we get there, he has to stick with that fast break offense.

We lost on a blocked PAT. How is that Richt's fault?

Richt has gone 4-1 with not even a full offseason of Golden specials. How bout we give the man a chance to recruit and bring in his own players. A full season of development and see where we stand. I don't recall Jim Harbaugh going undefeated in his first season. A 10 win season and Coastal bid are still within reach.

Brad Kaaya is not the right QB to offset our weak OLine. Either we need a strong OLine to block him or he needs to grow a set of wheels to offset the weakness.

I saw this coming from a mile away. FSU came in as the wounded dog and we got bit. They came in with the extra motivation to beat our azzes and we didn't match it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see how anyone can blame kaaya with receivers so inconsistent and a shaky o line. Veteran guys like coley come up limping every play after not being touched? Fsu qb tougher than this kid and he's frosh. Guys like coley are supposed to be leaders, we have no real veteran leaders on this team.

1. OL is below average

1. OL is average but let's not make them out to be **** players.

The reason why people are freaking out is that we thought we were done with stubborn coaches that doggedly stick with a pedestrian game plan, can't adjust, and don't know how to maximize our talent on offense. It's only one game, yes, but the warning sign are there.

These next few games will be a good indication of what to expect these next few years.

Advertisement
This fanbase is amazing. We can still win the coastal....didn't see us losing like that, but out deficiencies are apparent. We lack quality on the o-line, and reciever...will see how we bounce back before I start throwing stones

This fanbase is amazing. We can still win the coastal....didn't see us losing like that, but out deficiencies are apparent. We lack quality on the o-line, and reciever...will see how we bounce back before I start throwing stones

A lot of things to improve on.

But sometimes **** happens...
michigan-punter-misses-snap.gif

nooomichigan.0.gif

Question is how does this team and this staff respond against UNC?

Advertisement
The play calling was weak but we were outmanned. Fsu has been recruiting real players while we were taking some lower level players. Fans expectations ruined this game. We should have won with an inferior team. 2 more years we back in full

The defense is good because of the defensive line. The freshman LB are ballers but they wouldn't have near that success without a stout front 4. It starts there and they make everyone look better.

The same thing applies to the OL. A good OL makes an average offense a good offense. Our OL is just not good at all and it's hard to play call around that. It makes the whole unit look bad.

Also, outside of Coley and Richards, no wide receiver can separate. I won't put anything on Kaaya's shoulders except 1 thing. He played good enough to win considering every other issue on O but that interception can't happen. It's been said on here many times already. A TD right there and it's 20-3, the game is over and FSU lays down. Even 3 points and they may not have completely laid down but with our D they weren't coming back. That play just took the momentum from one side to the other despite a 10 point lead.

There's nothing to worry about. Program is in good hands and a good bet to win 10+ games a year.

Advertisement
we dont have the depth yet and u gotta remember these kids are not hand picked by the Staff... and why is this in the recruiting section??

one thing i keep running across is people wanting to bad mouth Kaaya and it makes me laugh... we should feel blessed to have a 1st round NFL talent QB ESPECIALLY when u look at what Folden n Friends did while they were there, we are fortunate to have him, straight up... there is nobody else even close to his level on this current team

There's nothing to worry about. Program is in good hands and a good bet to win 10+ games a year.

Completely agree!

A lot of good individual points on here but nothing to put them altogether.

The D, front-7 in particular is ridiculously young, almost entirely underclassmen. Our DBs are good not great as a unit. OL has issues. WRs aren't as good as in past seasons. These are all fruits of Golden's running the program into the ground. It will take time to rebuild but think about it, consider the RBs, LBs, and DL we're going to have for 2-3 more seasons.

SoFlo is a bastion of WR and DB talent, we'll replenish those quickly.

This program is only looking up. Any issues that exist now are due to a decade worth of crap management and oversight.

Advertisement
Back