That was entirely on Rosier

Advertisement
I think this game falls on the O as a whole from the missed throws all game to the crappy oline play and poor playcalling/gameplan. This was the first time we needed our o to win a game and they couldn’t. You can’t expect the defense to play lights out every game down the stretch. Even Clemson’s vaunted d gave up over 40 to this same Pitt team last year. We still have a shot at the playoffs and I believe at the beginning of the year if somebody told or us we would have one loss going into the acc title game most woulda gladly accepted that and called it a success.

what was the poor play calling? richt set rosier up with some open throws and he didnt come close to hitting them. he set him up w some screens and he didnt hit those either. pitt loaded the box and only way they were going to adjust was if rosier would consistently hit on those passes.

Since FSU our rushing stats go...

GT game - 36 carries - 184 yards - 5.1 ypc
Cuse game - 32 carries - 136 yards - 4.3 ypc
UNC game - 46 carries - 176 yards - 3.8 ypc
VT game - 34 carries - 210 yards - 6.2 ypc
ND game - 42 carries - 237 yards - 5.6 ypc
UVA game - 32 carries - 148 yards - 4.6 ypc

We couldn't run? This is every game since Walton has gone down. I wouldn't exactly say we couldn't run the ball. You are just overreacting to a tough loss. Not surprised...just another soft shouldered fan to add to the bunch. Acting out the best way they know how...making **** up b/c you're all in your feelings.
It’s. A waste of time to rebut someone who will LIE to advance their argument. Slack shouldered? LOL.

Walton going down didn’t change any equations. Miami ran for 83 yards against FSU on 29 carries. Walton was 12 for 25.

Miami ran for 59 yards on 32 carries at UNC. 2 of the carries accounted for 34 yards. The other 30...totaled 24. You LIAR!

The stats that matter, that demonstrate push or at least a functioning oline unit is short yardage.

Miami is last in the nation on 3rd AND 4th down when needing 3 yards or less, or 1 yards or less. Last. That’s two separate stats. Miami is last at both.

Miami is 123/129 FBS teams on third down conversion. 2nd to last in P5. Only Kansas is worse.

Believe what you want, but those insults you throw around so readily are sticking to you. The rest of us will examine all weaknesses of the program beyond Rosier - who was not the only reason Miami lost the first game of the season.

It can be argued that Rosier helped save this season by bailing out the OL in many games this season.

You should shut the **** up. I pulled those stats straight off ESPN.com. Calling me a liar makes you look pretty silly. I can't take another word from you seriously. What's even crazier is that you cherry picked one stat of all of the ones that I provided and made some sad attempt to take it apart. The fact is (and it is quoted what you said) that you said that we could not run. These stats, these FACTS, prove otherwise. For you to entirely change your argument makes you look like a dumbass. Which I already knew by your crybaby bull**** posts prior.
You wouldn’t recognize how weak it is to tell someone on a message board to shut up. It’s cowardly. But...I bet it defines you. You lied. Taking me seriously isn’t the problem; anyone taking you seriously is the danger.

And now you’re crying because not only did you pick stupid stats that don’t define the struggles in the running game, but you lied about them as if they were not accessible for the rest of us to check. You are a liar. A foolish liar, of course, but I’m not going to let you off the hook for being the liar that you are.

You exposed yourself. Run along, sweetie.

Hahahhahhaha rushing stats and yards per carry stats don't define a running game? There's a new one!!! You ****ing idiot.
Again, you expose yourself. Think deeper. That’s the equivalent of saying that Rosier is an accurate quarterback that had a great day because he hit Berrios for a TD yesterday.

Against UVA, Miami ran for 148 yards on 32 carries. 2 carries accounted for 60 yards. That’s 80 yards for the other 30 carries. Take out the Q4 19 yard TD and it’s 61 yards on 29 carries. You’re welcome to figure the averages...

Context, jester! Context.

Anyone who says otherwise is a fool. Yes, he's been clutch this year. But jesus christ he was Kirby levels bad today

Yup.

And thus ended the game analysis.

Burn the film, unleash the Dline on Rosier this week in practice and come out for blood on Saturday.

He left a lot of points on the field today.

It also didn't help us (or him) that yet another season we have 5 weaklings playing OL. These kids get whooped in the run game and move no one. Very feeble kids getting thrown into the backfield like traffic cones. Embarrassing that the coaches and them can't produce a better day on the ground against one of the worst power 5 teams in the country.

Advertisement
Its on the coaches for not having the team ready. Simple.

You dont get credit for being 10 -0 but then scapegoat the quarterback when you lose.

Though the defense played well enough for us to win, we lost to a 4-7 team that was starting a true freshman - his first start ever too I believe.

Thats on the head guy and his staff.

Focusing on Rosier's bad game, which he has had others, misses the forest for the trees. Starts and stop with the guy pulling in $4 mil per to have the team ready.

I still have faith in Richt (not much of a choice) and nothing matters but Clemson now.

Last edited:
It’s. A waste of time to rebut someone who will LIE to advance their argument. Slack shouldered? LOL.

Walton going down didn’t change any equations. Miami ran for 83 yards against FSU on 29 carries. Walton was 12 for 25.

Miami ran for 59 yards on 32 carries at UNC. 2 of the carries accounted for 34 yards. The other 30...totaled 24. You LIAR!

The stats that matter, that demonstrate push or at least a functioning oline unit is short yardage.

Miami is last in the nation on 3rd AND 4th down when needing 3 yards or less, or 1 yards or less. Last. That’s two separate stats. Miami is last at both.

Miami is 123/129 FBS teams on third down conversion. 2nd to last in P5. Only Kansas is worse.

Believe what you want, but those insults you throw around so readily are sticking to you. The rest of us will examine all weaknesses of the program beyond Rosier - who was not the only reason Miami lost the first game of the season.

It can be argued that Rosier helped save this season by bailing out the OL in many games this season.

You should shut the **** up. I pulled those stats straight off ESPN.com. Calling me a liar makes you look pretty silly. I can't take another word from you seriously. What's even crazier is that you cherry picked one stat of all of the ones that I provided and made some sad attempt to take it apart. The fact is (and it is quoted what you said) that you said that we could not run. These stats, these FACTS, prove otherwise. For you to entirely change your argument makes you look like a dumbass. Which I already knew by your crybaby bull**** posts prior.
You wouldn’t recognize how weak it is to tell someone on a message board to shut up. It’s cowardly. But...I bet it defines you. You lied. Taking me seriously isn’t the problem; anyone taking you seriously is the danger.

And now you’re crying because not only did you pick stupid stats that don’t define the struggles in the running game, but you lied about them as if they were not accessible for the rest of us to check. You are a liar. A foolish liar, of course, but I’m not going to let you off the hook for being the liar that you are.

Hahahhahhaha rushing stats and yards per carry stats don't define a running game? There's a new one!!! You ****ing idiot.
Again, you expose yourself. Think deeper. That’s the equivalent of saying that Rosier is an accurate quarterback that had a great day because he hit Berrios for a TD yesterday.

Against UVA, Miami ran for 148 yards on 32 carries. 2 carries accounted for 60 yards. That’s 80 yards for the other 30 carries. Take out the Q4 19 yard TD and it’s 61 yards on 29 carries. You’re welcome to figure the averages...

Big runs are part of the game. ******* context...wow. You can't remove them. Every team's rushing yardage is boosted by long runs. Its a product of great run blocking when you break one. So weak... Stop changing your argument for the sake of salvaging your ****** comment.

Anyone who says otherwise is a fool. Yes, he's been clutch this year. But jesus christ he was Kirby levels bad today

Then I'm a fool...and honestly I feel the same way about you right now. You're a long time poster and better than this. Blaming this whole game on Rosier is borderline asinine.

The O line played like hot garbage. We had ZERO running game.

Rosier is the same guy he's been all season....streaky as ****. Guess what though...that "streaky as ****" is better than anything we've had here in a LONG LONG time.

Let's call a spade a spade. Manny's unit has held up their end of the bargain for most of the year while Richt's hasn't. You want to blame that all on Rosier then that's your thing...but I know enough football to know what I'm seeing. This is the 2nd different QB this offense has had under Richt and I'm still seeing the short middle of the field ignored for large stretches of the game with predictable play calling throw into just for good measure.

I have zero problem with Richt being our head coach...but I'm going to say the same thing I've said for two years now...we'd be a better team with a dedicated OC. It would free Richt up from that minitua and allow him to manage the game from a higher altitude.

But what the **** do I know.

Not to get into a big debate about the game, Rosier hit on half of the wide open basic throws yesterday we win this game easily. yes the line didn't get much push, but if you have no threat passing it does not help. Look our team hit on what I thought they could do so far. maybe something happened to the young man's dad that no ones speaking about. Remember someone posted about the line changing the night before. He just didn't look like himself for most of the game, and I'm not speaking of looking like tom brady, he looked way worse than teem martin yesterday. Let's pray that Clemson gets beat up worse than we did yesterday, still win and we bounce back next week, which I think we can. We just need a bit more from Malik, not a ton more, just complete half of those give me deep throws!

No ****, Rosier played horrible. Doesn't give Richt a reason to do WHAT he did WHEN he did it, ESPECIALLY taking into account the garbage behind Rosier right now. He gave away a precious drive in a crucial spot during a moment where we still had a chance. Period.

Big runs are part of the game. ****ing context...wow. You can't remove them. Every team's rushing yardage is boosted by long runs. Its a product of great run blocking when you break one. So weak... Stop changing your argument for the sake of salvaging your ****ty comment.
The “****tiest argument” is your defense of the OL by using yds/avg. something YOU forwarded...ostensibly to impress those of us who know better. Also known as everyone else.

Your problem is you won’t change your argument to something that’s sensible and logical. And that’s why you lost this argument. Even retroactively changing to different stats in an attempt to support mental indiscipline and horrible analytical skills.

You think you can shoehorn a stupid argument into the dumb dumb corner by talking yards and averages when OL push has a better stat that you don’t want to use because, well, stupid is as stupid does.

You’re so **** bent on blaming Rosier that you are now the ONLY person defending the OL. LMAO. You’re a 1-man clown show.

Advertisement
Not all blame on Rosier offense played poorly as a unit, maybe not the Skill positions but QB OL were bad. We a team tho win as a team lose as a team. Now forget this game go beat clemson and we back in the playoffs. Not gonna Monday morning QB this game. Hates the pulling of Rosier leave the kid in no matter what. I️ believe in this team everything is still inhead of us as a team we fine let’s go boys bring it home baby. []_[]

Why are you even talking to tetra

Great question...

I've never heard of him. At first I thought I was dealing with someone at least partially sensible. Its clear now that he isn't playing with a full deck of cards. Which is why I bowed out the other day to take care of Christmas lights. Dude is hitting DBC levels...I learned that you can somehow convince yourself that your teams ability to run the ball is not even remotely linked to rushing yards and yards per carry. Insanity at its highest.

Last edited:
Why are you even talking to tetra

Great question...

I've never heard of him. At first I thought I was dealing with someone at least partially sensible. Its clear now that he isn't playing with a full deck of cards. Which is why I bowed out the other day to take care of Christmas lights. Dude is hitting DBC levels...I learned that you can somehow convince yourself that your teams ability to run the ball is not even remotely linked to rushing yards and yards per carry. Insanity at its finest.

Anyone who thinks this team is not without many faults and weaknesses is delusional.

I, for one, have loved the season as a whole. Dudes, think back about the last time we played Clemson and we we have come to now, culture change.

No one person is at fault, Richt takes the heat, but that's what brothers and team are all about. There are too many manic depressive posters on this board seeking and finding fault. Too much **** made about being back, IMO the foundation is in place as much as anyone could expect under the previous circumstances for 10 years.

Come on Canes fans, embrace what has been accomplished and hope we kick Clemson a$$.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back