That TE screen play that helped win the SB - Lashlee...?

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
I know Tampa didn't invent the play or anything, and I saw the Chiefs use it as well with Kelce, but regardless, we really need to incorporate those kinds of intentional TE plays into our O gameplan. I really was hoping to see more inventive TE plays like that throughout the year from Lashlee. My impression is that he would throw to the TE, but more as a change up instead of its bread and butter.

Even without Brevin, I really would like to see our TE passing game as the bread and butter that makes both the run and pass game work. You listening Lash? More TE, especially on 3rd and short, pretty please!!

Advertisement
I imagine Lashlee will be installing some new wrinkles with an entire offseason to do so, unlike last year.

I personally would love for him to install a bunch of the Clemson playbook. Their misdirectiions and counters are well designed plays.

We’ve always had good TE , lately teams knew our WR couldn’t catch so all we had we TE tough for them to break free.

Dolphins same boat but there’s slower and couldn’t catch.

When we and Dolphins did get the ball to TE good things happen

GOCANES

Advertisement
You mean like those QB PA Rails that score every time? Our two TEs combined for 60 Rec, 905 yards, 11 Td. I would say that’s pretty involved. It was 1/3 of all of Kings passing yards last year

Not to mention these often came in bunches, particularly to Brevin. Can think of a few instances where we went to him a few times on quick scoring drives.

I imagine Lashlee will be installing some new wrinkles with an entire offseason to do so, unlike last year.

I personally would love for him to install a bunch of the Clemson playbook. Their misdirectiions and counters are well designed plays.
They had a play many years ago where the receiver looked to the sideline and then acted like he was the 12th man and raced to get off the field. Our defense bought it and they snapped with an eligible receiver in full stride right by the sideline and took it for a big gain.

It was a clever play and you don't see that kind of creativity much.

Advertisement

While plays are key, it's players that matter most.

Definitely going to have to shelve those called quarterback draws up the middle.
Those set up for other plays though. They allowed for big plays to the te when lbs/safeties would get drawn in and the te would slip out of the backfield. That play typically followed once you sold the qb run up the middle, especially with a hard fake by the qb.

Those set up for other plays though. They allowed for big plays to the te when lbs/safeties would get drawn in and the te would slip out of the backfield. That play typically followed once you sold the qb run up the middle, especially with a hard fake by the qb.

How many times did we see King take that one step, where he would get down lower towards the line, lean forward and step forward, and then pull back up and step back and then throw for a long gain. Those runs up the middle sometimes are a set up for future big plays.

Advertisement

And an off-season to actually be around the players should help tremendously.

How many times did we see King take that one step, where he would get down lower towards the line, lean forward and step forward, and then pull back up and step back and then throw for a long gain. Those runs up the middle sometimes are a set up for future big plays.
Exactly. It's like chess. You move a piece in a relatively inconsequential way thinking of setting up a bigger move a few steps ahead.

Advertisement
@1:45

I Dont Care Whatever GIF

Advertisement
Back