Thanks Manny

Advertisement
Manny comes back to town with the defibrillator paddles in hand and shocks this team off of life support left in the wake of “Hurricane Richt”. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, but this is the start of something that we all were hoping for. A Phoenix has to rise from the ashes to fly again.

Advertisement
Stubblefield though?
Yeah, a guy who can teach our WR corps how to actually be good wide receivers! We have plenty of guys who can do the recruiting side, even moreso if we land field. I'm perfectly fine with the Stubblefield hire. Our WRs were absolutely atrocious last year! Yeah Dugans can recruit, but clearly he couldn't coach up WRs worth a ****.

Advertisement
We scorn what we don't know.

Get to know him first.

We didn't know CJR when he started, but we assumed he was good due to paternal blessing.

Advertisement
Yeah, a guy who can teach our WR corps how to actually be good wide receivers! We have plenty of guys who can do the recruiting side, even moreso if we land field. I'm perfectly fine with the Stubblefield hire. Our WRs were absolutely atrocious last year! Yeah Dugans can recruit, but clearly he couldn't coach up WRs worth a ****.
Hopefully more emphasis on catching than blocking

This is going to be the negative nellies knew go to. Who cares about all the great things happening, they don't like Stubbs and that's all that matters.

I'm all in with Manny, **** who ain't.
9EBC8A81-61E4-44EE-B21A-6CC45F3DD15B.jpeg

Wait and see, warming up, but wait and see. I’m thrilled about the last few weeks and the moves. But been there, done that 4x. I have no complaints so far, it’s been quite a ride. I want to see translation game time.

Advertisement

This. Stubblefield was short and ran like a 4.7, yet he holds the NCAA record for receptions? That tells you he is an elite technician. As long as he can relate those techniques to our WRs, it should end up being a **** good hire.

Of course, no guarantee is actually good at coaching the position like he was able to play it. It’s a bit of a wait-and-see.

Let’s see Stubblefield;
-Was a HIGHLY productive WR in college on an offensive machine (Purdue)
-Has NFL experience
-Has college coaching experience
-Has a relationship with an OC we all agree has offensive prowess.
I am okay with the hire because if I WR are producing studs will want to come even if Joe Shmoe we’re recruiting them.

Advertisement
Back