Thanks Comma Butch

Advertisement
God **** we should've never let him walk. We should've been begging and throwing money to him to not let him leave. god **** it

Advertisement
Advertisement
I would say that our time in the ACC has been one huge nightmare. I still have hope that I'm going to wake up one day and it's going to be 2003 again (hopefully Butch is still our coach).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nope. It wasn't Butch. It was Paul Dee when he hired Coker.

IIRC, sevferal key rising seniors threatened Dee tnhat they were going prop if Coker wasn't hired. Guys like ED Reed and others.

Take it for what it was....... we put together the greatest CFB team ever in 2001...won it all.....and that is where the legend ends.

You can't Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda with this stuff.

When we moved to the ACC everyone was listening to Chefcane (believe it or not) and how important it was for $$ and stability. Those of us who were crying over leaving the Big East were told we didn't understand the dynamics of the CFB landscape. I STILL call bull**** on the whole god**** mess. (and the ineptitude that led to the OB being torn down). More than Butch leaving - those two events were turning points.

Edited to add: and if he hadn't left then.....he would have left for the next opportunity. You never could have convinced him then what a disastrous mistake he was about to make. These coaches with their massive egos cannot comprehend when they have it good and they need to step away from climbing that ladder. Btw.....someone should school Franklin @ Vandy on this. He's going to pull a Butch and will someday look back on Vandy and think 'why?!'

Last edited:
Please, take a minute to come up with something more original - "Harvard of the South.'' That goes back at least to our old pal Tad Foote. And the last I checked Harvard wasn't subject of a major NCAA case, raising significant money for major football facility upgrades and - according to our recruiting gurus - attracting Top 10 recruiting classes. Only thing similiar is the number of our fans showing up for games. As for Butch, he and his scummy agent were angling for more lucrative jobs long before he bolted for Cleveland. Not driving the Donna bandwagon, but placing the blame on her is intellectually lazy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back