Thank you to the University of Miami

Folks, as we were moaning & groaning about Bama this, & SEC that….I made a comment about all dynasties have this eery drought period. Notably is due to old philosophies that are now antiquated, staying stagnant & relying upon history, or plainly incompetent ADs. The only dynasties we’ll never see dominate CFB again are the Ivy leagues b/c the game has changed. Every blue blood program we see today went through a period of dormancy.

We went through our period of dormancy & it’s directly related to what I mentioned above. SC, too, went through theirs. We’re going to go back to the good ole days. We’ll be competing for ACC titles, and vying for CFP spots yearly. There’s no doubt in my mind.

If under the leadership of Rad, & Mario we don’t get back to that level, then I’ll be the first to say we made a deal w/ The Devil in the 80’s & we’ll never be back. I give us 3 yrs, tops, if all the lead pieces remain intact.

Let's go!

It sucks that it took 20 years of my life! But it'll be that much sweeter!

Gattis looks like he could be around for a while. Maybe 5+ years? That would be great.

Kevin Steele, he comes from a big coaching tree. It would be nothing to replace him with a young gun 3 years down the road. If I'm not mistaken, his defensive philosophy coaching tree is still dominant and in demand. We may have to go fishing in the SEC to hire said person, but that person will be there.

Advertisement
You forgot this man....

Refreshing Ice Cold GIF by Coors Light
You forgot the puppet master behind it all…

361B3AF2-CA59-4959-B69F-4FA7F2E600A0.jpeg

Folks, as we were moaning & groaning about Bama this, & SEC that….I made a comment about all dynasties have this eery drought period.
You know what, reading this makes sense. Not just in CFB but all sports. I think of teams like the Yankees, Steelers, Cowboys, Celtics, etc. who when through similar to what Miami has.

If under the leadership of Rad, & Mario we don’t get back to that level, then I’ll be the first to say we made a deal w/ The Devil in the 80’s & we’ll never be back. I give us 3 yrs, tops, if all the lead pieces remain intact

As far as this goes, only time will tell. That's about all anyone can say at this point.

Last edited:
You know what, reading this makes sense. Not just in CFB but all sports. I think of teams like the Yankees, Steelers, Cowboys, Celtics, etc. who when through similar to what Miami has. 15-year drought after their last title.

If under the leadership of Rad, & Mario we don’t get back to that level, then I’ll be the first to say we made a deal w/ The Devil in the 80’s & we’ll never be back. I give us 3 yrs, tops, if all the lead pieces remain intact

As far as this goes, only time will tell. That's about all anyone can say at this point.

Brotha; history proves that man. Dynasties in sports come, last, disappear for a while, then come back. I think it’s our time to come back.

Advertisement
Folks, as we were moaning & groaning about Bama this, & SEC that….I made a comment about all dynasties have this eery drought period. Notably is due to old philosophies that are now antiquated, staying stagnant & relying upon history, or plainly incompetent ADs. The only dynasties we’ll never see dominate CFB again are the Ivy leagues b/c the game has changed. Every blue blood program we see today went through a period of dormancy.

We went through our period of dormancy & it’s directly related to what I mentioned above. SC, too, went through theirs. We’re going to go back to the good ole days. We’ll be competing for ACC titles, and vying for CFP spots yearly. There’s no doubt in my mind.

If under the leadership of Rad, & Mario we don’t get back to that level, then I’ll be the first to say we made a deal w/ The Devil in the 80’s & we’ll never be back. I give us 3 yrs, tops, if all the lead pieces remain intact.
Three years until what? To win a natty or to be competing for them like Bama, OSU, and Clemson have been recently?

Rell, you gotta stop brother, or else my girlfriend is gonna be having a baby in 9 months

Find a way to do your part too everyone. If you live in south Florida, go to games. If you don’t, make a donation even if it is small, everything helps. Buy merchandise if you can. Or all of the above. If you can’t afford it, that is ok, being a fan helps too. we are obligated to show support in any and every way we can, the kids deserve it, and the administration has earned it by investing in what we all care about more than most things in our life.

Advertisement
Three years until what? To win a natty or to be competing for them like Bama, OSU, and Clemson have been recently?

I give us two yrs to compete for the ACC Title, 3 yrs to fully be a thorn in CFB by being bumping Clemson out the way & being the King of ACC, vying for a CFP spots yearly.

Better late than never but the university has finally put their money where their mouth is and are committed to winning. Shout out to the Columbus crew, President Frenk, and the Ruiz family. You guys have made a believer out of me. The next 10 years are going to be seriously fun.

College Football is under a Hurricane warning!
It's amazing to see the University, President, AD, Coaches, Support Staff, Boosters, and all of the fans in alignment here. Great things happen when everyone is all in! Go Canes

Advertisement
Back