Thank you Mark Richt!

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
Maybe not a popular opinion, but I just gained back a lot of respect for this man.

I despised him all year. His stubbornness made me want to blow my brains out.

However, I do believe he loves this university and didn’t want to see us continue to depreciate under his tenure.

This decision was probably very difficult, but I appreciate that he did what’s best for the program.

I’ll always remember him for getting us to our first ACC championship game. The win over Notre Dame was epic, and he snapped our losing streak vs. FSU. It didn’t work out in the end — simple as that.

Greener pastures are ahead, friends.

Advertisement
If only he’d have hired an OC. I like Richt as a person, a lot, but the game has passed him by.

I respect the heck out of him for not holding Miami hostage. That makes him a hero to the program.

Advertisement
So thankful to read the news . Just touched down in Co and headed straight to the dispensary to celebrate !!

Happy F’n New Year!

Maybe not a popular opinion, but I just gained back a lot of respect for this man.

However, I do believe he loves this university and didn’t want to see us continue to depreciate under his tenure.

This decision was probably very difficult, but I appreciate that he did what’s best for the program.

I’ll always remember him for getting us to our first ACC championship game. The win over Notre Dame was epic, and he snapped our losing streak vs. FSU. It didn’t work out in the end — simple as that.

Said the samething in another thread. Richt realized he was the change that needed to be made and punted. Unlike Al golden who should have done the samething after his first 5 games here. I gained a lil respect back for Richt. Even thought he quit it was for the betterment of the program.

Richt got us an IPF, largely on his own dime. Now I assume his retirement spares us a buy out, and he's admitting he doesn't have the fire, passion or interest to retool what he's been doing. I respect that, thank him for what he brought and didn't saddle us with, and we press on.

Advertisement
Richt is and always will be a true Cane. Glad he did the right thing here, as only someone who truly loves the U would do. Much respect.

Advertisement

I agree with you 100%. His decision today should affect how he's viewed. He was no longer a viable HC, but he helped get our facilities upgraded, and I do think he has marginally improved our talent level on the roster. He did the honorable thing given this years results, and he deserves respect for that. Most people aren't that honest with themselves nor are they strong enough to make the call to simply admit they failed.

Advertisement
We have the talent to compete for a playoff birth next year. You couldn’t say that when Golden or Randy left.

Great!! Now we can place all our unrealistic expectations on the new coach

Sorry but realistically our team needs a lot more than just coaching changes to enter the playoffs

Great!! Now we can place all our unrealistic expectations on the new coach

Sorry but realistically our team needs a lot more than just coaching changes to enter the playoffs
If we averaged 28 points a game, we would have played in the ACC championship game this year.

He definitely showed how quickly this team can get to the top after last season. That in itself should be very attractive to plenty of coaches.

If we averaged 28 points a game, we would have played in the ACC championship game this year.

TRUE...... but with our OL, our QB situation and our overall lack of depth it would've been only a matter time before we were exposed.

I want to win just as badly as anyone else, but realistically personnel wise we still have a ways to go

Advertisement
Back