Thank you Coach Richt!

Happens in 100% of these cases - assuming the coach wants to retire he sits down and negotiates a settlement with University. They always want to work out a settlement. Nobody does what he did .. nobody

People want to keep slamming him feel free. I’m his biggest critic as anybody as far as his hiring of offensive coaches, all who betrayed him, and his archaic offense.

But this continual attack on his character is beyond pathetic. But feel free it’s a free country. But I’m telling you that 100% of the time in the past in these situations a settlement is achieved, because he had 100% of the leverage.

He used 0% of his leverage. Nobody does that. It is literally walking away from 20 million, or if you want to quibble maybe 10 or 15 million. If you don’t see that then I don’t know what to tell you.

Compared to Al Golden, who had an ironclad contract, was paid a settlement, and is now suing for even more. Two differences in the character of people.
whether you want to look it as charity or just pure class - the guy did something no coach does EVER save an illness situation. he walked away from a fat contract and asked for no buyout. at a minimum it has to be considered a more generous donation to the program (maybe the biggest donation ever besides for the Sofer family) than the 1 million he gave to the IPF.

Advertisement
whether you want to look it as charity or just pure class - the guy did something no coach does EVER save an illness situation. he walked away from a fat contract and asked for no buyout. at a minimum it has to be considered a more generous donation to the program (maybe the biggest donation ever besides for the Sofer family) than the 1 million he gave to the IPF.

Correct. Nobody ever does what he did. He’s not a construction worker that says I quit and leaves the job. And they stop paying him that day. It doesn’t work like that.

Without ever having seen his employment contract, my guess is he negotiated a retirement clause from the very beginning. Considering that he was going to retire when he took the Miami job.

Even if he didn’t, he had 100% of the leverage in that final meeting and used 0% of it. In other words he walked away. He could have at least received in the multiples of millions, he chose zero.

was responsible for spearheading the indoor facility and the UNetwork program-- i have read is phenomenal for these athletes. this man left a lasting impression on this program that will never be forgotten.

Richt looks like he is enjoying retirement....Apparently spending leisurely afternoons grazing at Golden Corral....

View attachment 83300
The look of the .01 %....................the other 99.9 would have grabbed the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and ran out of town.
****, he can graze anywhere he wants, because no one, ( if any walks among us ) that would comprise that .01%.......No one walks away from Millions.

I keep seeing posts about all the money Richt left on the table but did he? Was his contract guaranteed? He retired, which means he voluntarily removed himself from fulfilling his part of the contract. I'm not a lawyer but I have a hard time believing he was owed anything (barring a guaranteed contract, which I highly doubt) seeing as he quit.
It's called a "separation agreement clause".

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back