Thad Franklin Shuts Down the Rumors

He can do that somewhat at the highschool level but guys get bigger faster and stronger in college so maybe those breakaway runs might not always be there. I like franklins game but as a bigger back 6’1 220 plus i kind of wish he had speed like gus Edwards did at that size(who was criminally underused at Miami by the way)
If he had speed Bama would send 10k to his crib every morning they love strong backs that can run

Advertisement
Admittedly know very little about his game but have seen people post that he’s “slow.” Is he just different than what we have in our backfield in that you see a role he can carve out? Just curious.
I think its more of a scheme fit than being "slow" with Thad.
He'd be great at Iowa, Mich st etc

He can do that somewhat at the highschool level but guys get bigger faster and stronger in college so maybe those breakaway runs might not always be there. I like franklins game but as a bigger back 6’1 220 plus i kind of wish he had speed like gus Edwards did at that size(who was criminally underused at Miami by the way)
If only Gus ran like a big back.

He doesn’t have to have breakaway runs if he can run to his size. Converting short yardage and goal line opportunities and turning 2 yard runs into 4-5 yard runs is where he’ll be most important.

Advertisement
I just hope he doesn't end up like that Patrick from fsu. That dude had a terrible career for fsu.. Terrible
Yea kid was trash

Patrick was just fast but it didn't translate......he was unexplosive af. I'm not that high on Thad but tbh I don't think he sticks. We will see....he's a take anyway I get why they offered

Exactly. People should not confuse lack of track speed for lack of athleticism. Franklin is a good basketball player and former quarterback. In many ways, he is more athletic than the other RBs on our roster.

Add that to his size (a natural and lean 220) and his historic production, and you have an elite running back prospect.

I still have Greg Jones nightmares. We need our own Greg Jones.

Advertisement
Bumping this...
Remember how jacked we were when he recommitted this winter? We thought then, the only way he’d stick is if we won 9-10 games. We may not even play 9-10 games, but we got em!
Huge relief to our depth chart. Staff is smarter this year and hungrier.

Yea kid was trash

Patrick was just fast but it didn't translate......he was unexplosive af. I'm not that high on Thad but tbh I don't think he sticks. We will see....he's a take anyway I get why they offered
Thad will sign with Miami, guarantee it.

And he's legitimately the best RB in the state, he's very explosive he's just not going to kill you with a 40 time.

Amari Daniels is overrated, he's fast with no wiggle & very minimal upside, we got the better back hands down.

Thad will sign with Miami, guarantee it.

And he's legitimately the best RB in the state, he's very explosive he's just not going to kill you with a 40 time.

Amari Daniels is overrated, he's fast with no wiggle & very minimal upside, we got the better back hands down.
Amari problem is he never grew n he is a one cut back. Give me yuk n thad

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ve heard Deerfield tossed around. I only see that happening if there isn’t a high school season
How does the whole not allowing a student to graduate early thing actually work? Like does STA/Chaminade withhold the transcripts/diploma or something? If Thad could transfer to a public school and graduate early, I assume he has all the necessary classes covered. So couldn't a player just bounce from one of those schools after the fall semester? I know the answer is NO, but logistically how do those schools prevent the graduating early scenario? I'm genuinely curious about this...

How does the whole not allowing a student to graduate early thing actually work? Like does STA/Chaminade withhold the transcripts/diploma or something? If Thad could transfer to a public school and graduate early, I assume he has all the necessary classes covered. So couldn't a player just bounce from one of those schools after the fall semester? I know the answer is NO, but logistically how do those schools prevent the graduating early scenario? I'm genuinely curious about this...
They don’t allow students to take the classes online or after school that they need in order to make up for the semester they will miss by leaving early.

They don’t allow students to take the classes online or after school that they need in order to make up for the semester they will miss by leaving early.
Gotcha...makes sense. I’m guessing if Thad decided to go public school route he would then have to take some extra courses in the fall in order to make it happen so he could enroll in Jan.

Advertisement
Back