TFLs Allowed and TOP

supacane

Senior
Little details I search to have an idea how the game night play out. With a team like ND one would think their time of possession would be like an Option team because of how well they run the ball. But they are just 79th in time of possession of 29:23 minutes per game, I find that odd. Because we are terrible on 3rd down and are 3 minutes less at 26 minutes per game and they are great on 3rd down

That just suggest to me that ND is almost the same as us in relying on big plays but just on the ground and They don't throw short routes but alot of deep crossing routes off PA. They also have numerous turnovers that they converted into TDs off pick 6s or very short fields. This i think favors us because I think we should be more capable of stopping their big runs and forcing them to convert 3rd downs than they would be stopping our passing attack. Our problem and is a big one is throwing picks. Keep that down, advantage clearly to us imo.

The next thing I look at is tackles for loss allowed because We are so good at it and will be key to force them to throw. We are pretty good at preventing them, allowing 4.88 per game that's #30 (#1 team allows 2.88 per game) especially when u consider the problems we have had running the ball. This tells me alot of our running problems have come from bad reads from Rosier and Homer. They improved v VT, which is a good step. I wanna see Deejay Dallas get more carries, he has great vision and quickness.

ND allows 5.44 per game and that's #44 . I find that odd since they run the ball so much and people talk about their offensive line being great. I think we should have a field day in their back field. Their OL is getting all the praise but we have a legit two deep and I expect our DL to be in total control by the end of the 3rd in the humidity. I don't think ND OL is unstoppable, what they do is use alot of 2 and 3TEs. That's like 7 or 8 OL at times. They run alot of 2 and 3 receivers routes and then Wimbush can run if it's covered. I expect Diaz to blitz these formations alot up the middle and flush Wimbush. I could see turnovers in these situations as well as big plays from them.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Nice write up.

Not sure I agree about Miami's big problem being throwing interceptions. Going into last weeks game Rosier had 4 picks all season. Last week was bad, yes. But the season has shown that to be an anomaly, not a pattern. He was also coached in that game to take more chances then normal. That will not be the case this week against a team that plays soft zone. The coaching will be take what the defense gives you and string together long drive. If Rosier throws 2 or more picks then you can say a pattern has developed and there is a problem. But up to this point we cannot say an anomaly is a problem.

Advertisement
Back