Texas posters get in here

Advertisement
Not that impressed tbh. Looks like he cant read a defense to save his life and waits way too long to get the ball out. Not to mention he's got a long *** delivery.

Not that impressed tbh. Looks like he cant read a defense to save his life and waits way too long to get the ball out. Not to mention he's got a long *** delivery.

Really? I see a bigger Drew Brees the way his eyes are always down field. LSU and Stanford are after him hard, but no offer from either yet.

Pros:
He has good pocket awareness.
He consistently keeps his head down the field, looking for an open receiver (Knows how to buy time)
Good touch on his passes
Solid mobility

Cons:
Without a doubt, his level of competition is horrendous. The Kinkaid school is a private school in one of the wealthiest areas of Houston. Small area known as Piney Point, to be exact. Not saying that a rich kid out of Houston can't play ball (See Andrew Luck) but when you watch his tape, it's obvious that his competition is pretty bad.
Lack of arm strength? - I don't see a lot of plays with "zip" on the ball. Not saying that he doesn't have it, but I don't see it enough on the middle of the field throws -in the tape.
In a lot of his throws, he's "guiding" the ball, not throwing it. Vs better competition, these are INT's.

If I'm a college coach, I want to see him in camps against better competition before I offer him. 7 on 7's, camps, etc. He has some tools, but I'm not necessarily sold on him just yet.

Advertisement

Really? I see a bigger Drew Brees the way his eyes are always down field. LSU and Stanford are after him hard, but no offer from either yet.

LSU: they recruit the Houston area hard. It's the largest city near Baton Rouge (plus its full of talent) They're sniffing. Not offering him at the moment means that they have about 20 other Texas QBs rated higher and thats about right.

Stanford: they can wait as long as they want - they're Stanford. They probably have about 70 other QBs rated higher than him. Remember, they were sniffing Kaaya, and never offered him, even after he camped there. Stanford even looking at you means that you have good grades and you can probably play QB. Nothing more at the moment.

And Brees? Dude, Brees played at a VERY HIGH LEVEL at Westlake HS in Austin. Westlake is arguably one of the top programs in the state of Texas. Dewey went to the same school and pretty much held a clipboard the entire time. Thats why he sat out a year, and transferred to another private school in Austin. Brees is a legend out here.

Last edited:
Any time I see a guy stay in the pocket that long and end up scrambling I get concerned. To me, it either means he doesn't make quick decisions, didn't read the defense properly and didn't anticipate any of his guys getting open against the coverage.

Plus, his arm strength isn't anything out of this world IMO. Looks like a decent mid-level college QB prospect.

LSU: they recruit the Houston area hard. It's the largest city near Baton Rouge (plus its full of talent) They're sniffing. Not offering him at the moment means that they have about 20 other Texas QBs rated higher and thats about right.

Stanford: they can wait as long as they want - they're Stanford. They probably have about 70 other QBs rated higher than him. Remember, they were sniffing Kaaya, and never offered him, even after he camped there. Stanford even looking at you means that you have good grades and you can probably play QB. Nothing more at the moment.

And Brees? Dude, Brees played at a VERY HIGH LEVEL at Westlake HS in Austin. Westlake is arguably one of the top programs in the state of Texas. Dewey went to the same school and pretty much held a clipboard the entire time. Thats why he sat out a year, and transferred to another private school in Austin. Brees is a legend out here.

The comparison was made by his pocket presence and always having his eyes downfield

Any time I see a guy stay in the pocket that long and end up scrambling I get concerned. To me, it either means he doesn't make quick decisions, didn't read the defense properly and didn't anticipate any of his guys getting open against the coverage.

Plus, his arm strength isn't anything out of this world IMO. Looks like a decent mid-level college QB prospect.

being from texas he dosent standout for me... seems like a kid that winds up at rice, smu etc...

Advertisement

This, too. That could speak to the level of comp. like I said. He doesn't "have" to make quick decisions, because he knows he can run around until he "decides" to get rid of the ball. You just cant do that against better competition. In the Houston area, players have a ton of exposure.

When A&M, (Sumlin) Duke, (Cutcliff) Stanford, (Shaw) Baylor (Briles) OK State (Gundy) offer you, you know you've got a good one...neither have offered this guy.

This, too. That could speak to the level of comp. like I said. He doesn't "have" to make quick decisions, because he knows he can run around until he "decides" to get rid of the ball. You just cant do that against better competition. In the Houston area, players have a ton of exposure.

When A&M, (Sumlin) Duke, (Cutcliff) Stanford, (Shaw) Baylor (Briles) OK State (Gundy) offer you, you know you've got a good one...neither have offered this guy.

Could be true. Idk what the level of his teammates are either but I'm not wowed physically either, he doesn't look as if he's physically dominating out there either. Who knows but based off of that film there's no shot that kid would ever get considered here.

The QB I want this cycle is Brady White from out in Cali.

For 2016, its all Jacob Eason. want.

QB JT Granato | Houston, TX
HT: 6’-2” | WT: 205 | 40: | Rating: 84 (3-star) | Rank: #40 PP
Offers (2) | Leaders: Houston | Rice
Note: LSU, Texas A&M, Stanford, Michigan and Northwestern are interested, but have not offered yet.

TexCane

Advertisement
He reminds me of Colin kapernick alot , same build, same running style (Colin is faster) and underrated coming out. I'm not predicting him to be a colin kapernick but thats just who I see. On another that wide reciever #81 is a beast. He caught all his bad throws and look good. Gotta find out who that is.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back